Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 61584 times)

Offline yellowecho

I wonder whats the point of inflation anymore?  I mean its had a negative effect on the community and will continue as long as it exists.  It has major problems where the "employees" have no clue what they are getting paid from day to day etc.

I bet that bitsharesX could have been a true self funding dac based on fees - meaning it hired and paid people set amounts based on its income (fees)

I agree.  Perhaps we should re-evaluate the inflation and weigh the pros and cons as it seems to have had a negative impact both short and long term.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I have gotten more done for the future of BTS in the past month than in the 3 months prior and everyone on the core team knows it.

I know what it's like.
We're with you Dan, the community here handles most of the news anyway.
Just keep on keepin' on :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

jaran

correlation != causation

I miss seeing posts from BM and Toast too but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with BM posting more however the loss of value is primarily due to the introduction of inflation & subsequent loss of crypto-currency status.

Bitcoin is an inefficient company that is wasteful and which can’t fund it’s own development and marketing. It doesn’t have any products on its blockchain.  Yet this ‘company’ is worth $3.5 Billion. Why? It is a popular crypto-currency with unchangeable supply rules. That is the product, a popular form of money with supply rules that aren’t changeable by man can become extremely valuable as Gold and Silver have shown.

BitSharesX was a Bitcoin challenger. It’s incredibly difficult to usurp the market leader but BTSX was on track to do it. With no inflation, more effective decentralisation and an incredibly fast blockchain that might also disintermediate centralised payment processors like BitPay, BTSX was arguably the strongest Bitcoin challenger on the market & was correctly valued as such. In addition it had a team of highly talented developers, money in the bank and was also developing the potential killer app, BitAssets which would allow people to move freely between a wide range of assets in a way that would benefit and generate revenue for holders of BitSharesX. It was also already hugely popular in Asia & growing in size by every community metric. It was amazing. The market correctly valued it at 0.00093 BTC and rising. It’s hard to imagine that with that trajectory and all the subsequent development we’ve enjoyed including web and mobile wallets and now a direct PM gateway too that BTS would be valued any less than $250 million at this stage and given the BTC capitulation at the beginning of the year may even as far-fetched as it sounds been in a much stronger position than even that.

Then the market realised the largest shareholder, main developer and overall leader was very serious about introducing dilution to turn BTSX into a self funding competitive company to maximise our ability to develop BitAssets & other blockchain based products and services. BitShares has since lost over 75% of it’s BTC & $ value. It is now viewed as a company and the market is evaluating the development, progress and adoption of BitAssets as the key valuation metric. Currently I would say BTS is valued fairly by the market for what it is now at the current stage. This unfortunately puts a lot of pressure on developers to constantly deliver.  It’s quite sad because BTSX as a crypto-currency was already largely developed and generating a bigger following every single month as opposed to our current constant state of value and community decline.

There are positive developments coming along and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a small reversal, potentially a bigger one if BitAssets can attract a niche market or create a popular product which uses BitAssets.

I think this pretty much nails it. 

I wonder whats the point of inflation anymore?  I mean its had a negative effect on the community and will continue as long as it exists.  It has major problems where the "employees" have no clue what they are getting paid from day to day etc.

I bet that bitsharesX could have been a true self funding dac based on fees - meaning it hired and paid people set amounts based on its income (fees)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:51:54 pm by jran »

Offline bytemaster

correlation != causation

Agreed, interesting nonetheless.

I have gotten more done for the future of BTS in the past month than in the 3 months prior and everyone on the core team knows it.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

correlation != causation

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with BM posting more however the loss of value is primarily due to the introduction of inflation & subsequent loss of crypto-currency status.

Bitcoin is an inefficient company that is wasteful and which can’t fund it’s own development and marketing. It doesn’t have any products on its blockchain.  Yet this ‘company’ is worth $3.5 Billion. Why? It is a popular crypto-currency with unchangeable supply rules. That is the product, a popular form of money with supply rules that aren’t changeable by man can become extremely valuable as Gold and Silver have shown.

BitSharesX was a Bitcoin challenger. It’s incredibly difficult to usurp the market leader but BTSX was on track to do it. With no inflation, more effective decentralisation and an incredibly fast blockchain that might also disintermediate centralised payment processors like BitPay, BTSX was arguably the strongest Bitcoin challenger on the market & was correctly valued as such. In addition it had a team of highly talented developers, money in the bank and was also developing the potential killer app, BitAssets which would allow people to move freely between a wide range of assets in a way that would benefit and generate revenue for holders of BitSharesX. It was also already hugely popular in Asia & growing in size by every community metric. It was amazing. The market correctly valued it at 0.00093 BTC and rising. It’s hard to imagine that with that trajectory and all the subsequent development we’ve enjoyed including web and mobile wallets and now a direct PM gateway too that BTS would be valued any less than $250 million at this stage and given the BTC capitulation at the beginning of the year may even as far-fetched as it sounds been in a much stronger position than even that.

Then the market realised the largest shareholder, main developer and overall leader was very serious about introducing dilution to turn BTSX into a self funding competitive company to maximise our ability to develop BitAssets & other blockchain based products and services. BitShares has since lost over 75% of it’s BTC & $ value. It is now viewed as a company and the market is evaluating the development, progress and adoption of BitAssets as the key valuation metric. Currently I would say BTS is valued fairly by the market for what it is now at the current stage. This unfortunately puts a lot of pressure on developers to constantly deliver.  It’s quite sad because BTSX as a crypto-currency was already largely developed and generating a bigger following every single month as opposed to our current constant state of value and community decline.

There are positive developments coming along and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a small reversal, potentially a bigger one if BitAssets can attract a niche market or create a popular product which uses BitAssets.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline wasthatawolf

Offline yellowecho

correlation != causation

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline wasthatawolf

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Riverhead

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

that may have been the max? you now cannot sell bitUSD. it's back.

Don't forget about metaexchange :).

https://metaexchange.info/markets/BTC/bitUSD

#shamelessplugisshameless

Also, Blocktrades.us
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Riverhead

that may have been the max? you now cannot sell bitUSD. it's back.

Don't forget about metaexchange :).

https://metaexchange.info/markets/BTC/bitUSD

#shamelessplugisshameless

Offline fuzzy

What's going on with Doge? BitShares got pushed to #6  :-X

Glitch on CMC. BTC38 has the most volume and price at 52 sat, CMC is reporting 70 sat overall. Not sure where the discrepancy comes from.

coinmarketcap often plays such discrepancy . 38% off from the actual dogecoin price

So odd though that that discrepancy never seems to happen to push bitshares to new highs...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Glitch on CMC. BTC38 has the most volume and price at 52 sat, CMC is reporting 70 sat overall. Not sure where the discrepancy comes from.

coinmarketcap often plays such discrepancy . 38% off from the actual dogecoin price
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7