Author Topic: BitShares nomenclature  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
BitShares X - Family of chains based upon prediction markets with short / longs
BitShares XT - Our very first implementation with 0% interest and TaPOS honoring 50/50 with a currency code XTS

BitShares Music - Soon to be announced chain... with currency code BSM

We haven't come up with additional names for the variants of BitShares X... ie: interest, variable interest, consensus and the names I have thrown out there XI, XV, and XC look like some funky roman numeral names... but they are good enough code names for these concepts.

The family of chains that support cross-chain-trading are simply BitShares.

I am more favorable to a 3 letter after X nomenclature... like... BitShares X INT, X VIN, X CON...

Although I admit it may cause some problems with currently Crypto coins nomenclature... and because we are not safe to say we can have a coin out from it... I would say to either use it CAPs... or lower case.. to differ from COINs...

Offline bytemaster

BitShares XT - Our very first implementation with 0% interest and TaPOS honoring 50/50 with a currency code XTS

So BitShares XT is the final name even when it's not in "test" mode anymore? The currency code will always be XTS?

Well... we will be discussing that this week... because you are right, when it is no longer a Test network we will need to come up with a good Version 1.0 name...

It could be come BitShares X Toast if you launch it ;)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

So BitShares XT is the final name even when it's not in "test" mode anymore? The currency code will always be XTS?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

BitShares X - Family of chains based upon prediction markets with short / longs

BitShares Music - Soon to be announced chain... with currency code BSM

We haven't come up with additional names for the variants of BitShares X... ie: interest, variable interest, consensus and the names I have thrown out there XI, XV, and XC look like some funky roman numeral names... but they are good enough code names for these concepts.

The family of chains that support cross-chain-trading are simply BitShares.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
In case anyone is curious here is what I think the most recent names are:

* There is the product Dan is working on right now. I think it is called BitShares X or BitShares BEX.
BitShares X
* This single chain's core asset is usually referred to as BTS, and it is what is being rewarded 50/50 for pts/ags. Many people think "AGS turn into BTS", but more precisely it is what, BTS X? Or does BTS X get to have the BTS ticker? What is the name of the unit of collateral in "the" bitshares chain?
XTS
* There is the whole "prediction-market-backed crypto-assets" innovation - what should that be called?
Still unknown
* What should the *family* of chains that cross-chain trade with BTS X and which are prediction-market backed? Some category just under "BitShares", since PTS and AGS wouldn't qualify
Still unknown
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:09:45 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
"Bitshares" stems from PTS and AGS, whereas bitshare X is the name of  that trade system?BTS=XRP, BTS X=ripple, am I correct?

Uhm i dont think so, think of bts as the generic "i" in every apple product, so insgeqd of ipod, iphone iblabla, we have bts pts, bts ags, bts bex etc
So bts is more like a "trademark" thing now. When someone hears the word bts in the future he would immediately think of i3 and its range of products.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
"Bitshares" stems from PTS and AGS, whereas bitshare X is the name of  that trade system?BTS=XRP, BTS X=ripple, am I correct?
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline toast

• View Profile
With the "bitshares" term getting a promotion and all, let's take some time time to discuss what things are named. It's not always clear from context which "bitshares" people are talking about when they say it. It's more overloaded than even the term "bitcoin" at this point.

* There is the product Dan is working on right now. I think it is called BitShares X or BitShares BEX.
* This single chain's core asset is usually referred to as BTS, and it is what is being rewarded 50/50 for pts/ags. Many people think "AGS turn into BTS", but more precisely it is what, BTS X? Or does BTS X get to have the BTS ticker? What is the name of the unit of collateral in "the" bitshares chain?
* There is the whole "prediction-market-backed crypto-assets" innovation - what should that be called?
* What should the *family* of chains that cross-chain trade with BTS X and which are prediction-market backed? Some category just under "BitShares", since PTS and AGS wouldn't qualify

I know that the terminology will eventually converge to something usable on its own, but no harm in making it conceptually helpful