Author Topic: Reminder : 0.6.2 is finally down ...please upgrade to 0.7.0  (Read 2821 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Unfortunately I have not been able to download 0.7.0. Keep getting a message (Fatal Error) try again. I am running on Windows.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

http://www.aboutbts.com/wp-ftp/download.html

you can download it from here , double check the "SHA1" hash before you use it .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I would really like it if the client would have a call home feature and allow you to download and upgrade right from the client.

So many applications do that today already.. it would also help clients with smoother upgrading if there are certain procedures that have to take place.. like going from one version to another to complete an upgrade.

The check for updates in the current client I have never seen work.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
I know this is probably a dumb question, but what is the procedure for upgrading? Do I just install the new Windows client directly on top of the old one, or do I only replace certain files/folders? The reason that I ask is because last time I tried to do this, I ended up with 2 separate BitShares clients installed.
I think You can just install it overtop of the old one.  Thats what I did anyway.  I didn't have any issues.

Ok, thanks. Worked great.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
just downloaded 0.7.0 and no probs at all ))

Offline MMM

• View Profile
Unfortunately I have not been able to download 0.7.0. Keep getting a message (Fatal Error) try again. I am running on Windows.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Xeldal

I know this is probably a dumb question, but what is the procedure for upgrading? Do I just install the new Windows client directly on top of the old one, or do I only replace certain files/folders? The reason that I ask is because last time I tried to do this, I ended up with 2 separate BitShares clients installed.
I think You can just install it overtop of the old one.  Thats what I did anyway.  I didn't have any issues.

Offline onceuponatime

The way I did it was just to uninstall the old version and then install and run the new. There was no need to delete any folders. Worked very smoothly this upgrade.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.