Author Topic: How about a bitshares leadership summer meet  (Read 5303 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
To be honest I cannot afford to travel.  I am pretty sure most people are in similar positions---whether it means they cannot afford the time or the money.   I hope everyone who attends enjoys it though.
I had the same issue back when most of you guys met in Vegas ..
It seems to me that, as a decentralized ecosystem, we should focus on regional, maybe continental meetups ..
BitShares Europe -> Amsterdam
BitShares US -> Blackburg / Vegas
BitShares China -> Peking?

Anyway, I'd love to meet ALL of you guys at some time on future

Yes  +5% They very beginning of BitShares embassies :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
To be honest I cannot afford to travel.  I am pretty sure most people are in similar positions---whether it means they cannot afford the time or the money.   I hope everyone who attends enjoys it though.
I had the same issue back when most of you guys met in Vegas ..
It seems to me that, as a decentralized ecosystem, we should focus on regional, maybe continental meetups ..
BitShares Europe -> Amsterdam
BitShares US -> Blackburg / Vegas
BitShares China -> Peking?

Anyway, I'd love to meet ALL of you guys at some time on future

Offline fuzzy

Hey everyone,

I think a meetup in the flesh with bitshares leadership, delegates, and entrepreneurs building on top of the protocol would be incredibly beneficial.

Knowing it will most likely be in the US, I will selfishly suggest sometime between June 15th and August 15th as that is when I will be in the US next.

Is there any interest in this?  Virginia meet be a good location to keep costs down for the most amount of people or something like Vegas could be fun enough to draw more people.   Is there any interest in this?   To get specific.... perhaps answer this question.

Would you attend a bitshares specific event that would span a Saturday and Sunday this summer if it were held in America?

Feedback welcome

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Greece my friends. The best place for a summer meetup is in Mykonos island. By then we may have drachma so it will be very cheap for you guys :).

Other than that Vegas is good for me also 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i would prefeer a much more neutral country!
Not US not Asia :)

+5%

Offline Markus

• View Profile
I would attend in any country but the U.S.
How about Pyongyang then? Since that's between China and the US it should be a convenient location for everybody :)

Offline onceuponatime

I would attend in any country but the U.S.

Offline Riverhead

Count me in. Not fussy about the country.

Offline Fox

Yes, I will attend a meetup in Las Vegas thru mid-July.
Witness: fox

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Hey everyone,

I think a meetup in the flesh with bitshares leadership, delegates, and entrepreneurs building on top of the protocol would be incredibly beneficial.

Knowing it will most likely be in the US, I will selfishly suggest sometime between June 15th and August 15th as that is when I will be in the US next.

Is there any interest in this?  Virginia meet be a good location to keep costs down for the most amount of people or something like Vegas could be fun enough to draw more people.   Is there any interest in this?   To get specific.... perhaps answer this question.

Would you attend a bitshares specific event that would span a Saturday and Sunday this summer if it were held in America?

Feedback welcome
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101