Author Topic: Bitshares Cold Storage  (Read 6411 times)

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
I get a certificate warning in Chrome at https://delegate.xeroc.org/coldstorage.html: " Server's certificate is not trusted. Your connection to delegate.xeroc.org is encrypted with obsolete cryptography."

Maybe it's using Bitcoin.  :P
Hehe .. it a CAcert signed cert. default browsers wont trust it. Anyway, the page is a demo and people should download the page. I will make it more clear. Maybe even harden the webserver a little .. not gonna buy a cert for now

good job bro
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
good stuff xeroc! bump
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I get a certificate warning in Chrome at https://delegate.xeroc.org/coldstorage.html: " Server's certificate is not trusted. Your connection to delegate.xeroc.org is encrypted with obsolete cryptography."

Hehe .. it a CAcert signed cert. default browsers wont trust it. Anyway, the page is a demo and people should download the page. I will make it more clear. Maybe even harden the webserver a little .. not gonna buy a cert for now

Offline Chronos

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile
I tried it again, and still only blank fields. I even went to your Github page and downloaded it straight from there just to be sure I had downloaded the right thing.

Btw, you specified Firefox earlier - just realized that. Is that essential? Because I've been opening it on Chrome (don't have Firefox).
It should work in ANY browser as it is just javascript .. not sure why the page is empty for you :(

Okay, it works on my laptop. Not sure why it doesn't work on my PC. Just to be clear, should a person send their funds to the Public Key or to the Address?
to the address (should be shorter) .. though currently there is no non-terminal way to do so .. this is what will change in the future release ...

The GUI transfer method only allows to send funds to a registered name.. not an address ..
you could send your funds to your address using the terminal with the following command

$ wallet_transfer_to_address <amount> <asset> <from_account> <to_address>

or you wait for the next release which will make this alot easier

Oh, I see. So I couldn't, for instance, purchase BTS from ShapeShift or Metaexchange and have the funds sent straight to the paper wallet address?

How do you like this:
https://delegate.xeroc.org/coldstorage.html

Thanks for putting this together! This should do the trick to solve the problem of easy cold storage. You did a great job of walking through the process step-by-step.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I tried it again, and still only blank fields. I even went to your Github page and downloaded it straight from there just to be sure I had downloaded the right thing.

Btw, you specified Firefox earlier - just realized that. Is that essential? Because I've been opening it on Chrome (don't have Firefox).
It should work in ANY browser as it is just javascript .. not sure why the page is empty for you :(

Okay, it works on my laptop. Not sure why it doesn't work on my PC. Just to be clear, should a person send their funds to the Public Key or to the Address?
to the address (should be shorter) .. though currently there is no non-terminal way to do so .. this is what will change in the future release ...

The GUI transfer method only allows to send funds to a registered name.. not an address ..
you could send your funds to your address using the terminal with the following command

Oh, I see. So I couldn't, for instance, purchase BTS from ShapeShift or Metaexchange and have the funds sent straight to the paper wallet address?

How do you like this:
https://delegate.xeroc.org/coldstorage.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

doesn't seem so .. would be a nice feature request though.

@dannotestein
@monsterer

could you add that feature once "wallet_transfer" can take BTS-addresses? please?

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Also, do you know of any web wallets for BTS? Like a Blockchain.info type wallet?
wallet.bitshares.org

Current version does not yet support market transactions (like, ask, bid, short,... ) but I guess it will take at most a week for the dev to complete these

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile
Also, do you know of any web wallets for BTS? Like a Blockchain.info type wallet?

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile

Let me try on my laptop - one moment!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline masterofmyself

• View Profile