Author Topic: [ANN] Moonstone.io development and crowdfunder diary  (Read 88682 times)

zerosum

It will be nice if you stop  putting false statements (as well as random accusations like this) in your posts !
I had my reasons to think it might be you after reading your list of random accusations.
Stan    -   Posting pictures of puppies - [approved]
Methodx   -   Promised great Marketing; Threw some funds in the Deep Web; metaexchange uses the funds as it finds fit till further notice. [edited/ added]
media.bitscape   -   Mainly spending BTS delegate pay on traveling for fun! [added]
provisional.bitscape   -   Keeping company of media.bitscape on his vacations! [added]
At least you now know what it feels like to be randomly accused. But still, if you say it wasn't you I do apologize.

Whether one likes or uses the wallet is of little consequence, she can end up pay for it regardless!

Even worse the shareholder is put up in a position to make moral decision that is not his responsibility - Do I NOT vote for these investor re-paying delegates and say "Sorry guys, you paid for a good product, but I do not like Bitshares  being the only one paying for product used by so many others. So, NO you are not being paid back", or do I vote for said delegates and let, what seem every other project, suck money out of BTS?
I've tried hard but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

I said it will be nice - not necessary! Feel free to do whatever you like with the accusations part.

For the not understanding part - You put several statement regarding the Moonstone that are not true and  pump the project using incorrect info!

- "Bitsapphire is not using BTS funds, they are just fund raising using the tools we have created for this purpose: BitShares UIA"
False. Bitsapphire IS using BTS funds - delegate pay to repay those UIA

- "My point is this: Bitsapphire can make profit on us only if their wallet turns out to be a valuable contribution to the BitShares ecosystem"
False - Bitsapphire makes profit if the wallet is funded. Its success is a fact with no consequence to their profit!

- "If you don't like it (the moonstone wallet )don't use it and you will not pay for it"
False - You will pay for it even if you have not touched it or do not like it. Paying for it has nothing to do with using it.

jakub

It will be nice if you stop  putting false statements (as well as random accusations like this) in your posts !
I had my reasons to think it might be you after reading your list of random accusations.
Stan    -   Posting pictures of puppies - [approved]
Methodx   -   Promised great Marketing; Threw some funds in the Deep Web; metaexchange uses the funds as it finds fit till further notice. [edited/ added]
media.bitscape   -   Mainly spending BTS delegate pay on traveling for fun! [added]
provisional.bitscape   -   Keeping company of media.bitscape on his vacations! [added]
At least you now know what it feels like to be randomly accused. But still, if you say it wasn't you I do apologize.

Whether one likes or uses the wallet is of little consequence, she can end up pay for it regardless!

Even worse the shareholder is put up in a position to make moral decision that is not his responsibility - Do I NOT vote for these investor re-paying delegates and say "Sorry guys, you paid for a good product, but I do not like Bitshares  being the only one paying for product used by so many others. So, NO you are not being paid back", or do I vote for said delegates and let, what seem every other project, suck money out of BTS?
I've tried hard but I don't understand what you are trying to say.

zerosum

Bitsapphire IS using BTS funds - delegate pay to repay those UIA to be exact!
But this only happens if people prefer the Moonstone wallet to the "official" wallet.
My point is this: Bitsapphire can make profit on us only if their wallet turns out to be a valuable contribution to the BitShares ecosystem.
So for me it's a win-win situation and a fair deal offered to us and no information is being hidden from us.
If you don't like it don't use it and you will not pay for it.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:20:08 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ken, by cooperating with Moonstone we are not opening BitShares up to KYC/AML tyranny. This will never happen as BM has promised many times that MPA assets will never be changed in this respect.

Ok, roger that. I just get a little freaked out every time someone starts talking about "integrating" with these guys or those guys, etc ???
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

sumantso

Not if they are not elected. Though seeing the voter apathy (see how none supports or opposes pc's market price work), it might be moot.

I still don't get why Peertracks couldn't fund it. Remember, Peertracks raised funds to make their sits, the entire profits of which belong to them. Might as well throw us a bone by funding these diluters.

jakub

I like Paul Snow (Factom), I've had long skype calls with him, he is a brilliant guy. I do want to make sure that we are not opening BitShares up to KYC/AML tyranny though. We really don't need to bridge to the Bitcoin POW blockchain either. The Moonstone footprint will only grow at that point too, not good. I'll have a chat with Taulant about this and report back here...
Ken, by cooperating with Moonstone we are not opening BitShares up to KYC/AML tyranny. This will never happen as BM has promised many times that MPA assets will never be changed in this respect.
All we are doing is giving a chance for the BitShares gateways to be KYC/AML compliant if they choose or need to go this way. You can still have gateways which take the risk and ignore KYC/AML. The BitShares ecosystem can have both types of gateways and people will have a choice which one they want to use.
So all Moonstone is doing is offer us a choice and is not forcing us to KYC/AML tyranny.
BitShares is about freedom and freedom is about being able to choose. If I want to be operate or use a BitShares gateway which is KYC/AML compliant I should be able to do so.

jakub

But this only happens if people prefer the Moonstone wallet to the "official" wallet.
My point is this: Bitsapphire can make profit on us only if their wallet turns out to be a valuable contribution to the BitShares ecosystem.
So for me it's a win-win situation and a fair deal offered to us and no information is being hidden from us.
If you don't like it don't use it and you will not pay for it.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
That is indeed great news...for factom that is.
It was not enough that peertracks are ripping the benefits of moonstone and not paying a dime, but now we have a new project that is milking Bitshares.
Indeed. if that depends on the success of the moonstone wallet, why won't those projects fund the $130,000 you need? It's in their best interest to do so.
Might aswell add a powered by BitShares mark on Factom since it's squeezing BTS funds

I don't know what this fuss is about. This is what the blog post says:
They are now building an identity management system backed up by Factom’s API for Moonstone.
Looks like Bitsapphire has chosen Factom’s technology to enhance the new Moonstone wallet - what's wrong with that? Factom is not a competitor for us.
I assume that Factom customers will not be using the wallet - but even if they do, it might be beneficial for us in the long term.
And Bitsapphire is not using BTS funds, they are just fund raising using the tools we have created for this purpose: BitShares UIA. Again, what's wrong with that?
(and it just happens that the cause of their fundraising, i.e. their new wallet, might be good for us)

Last I heard, BitShares is going to support whitelisting for UIAs natively, and BitSapphire wasn't particularly working with the core devs to make anything compatible.  Funding, making, and marketing a new wallet that relies on a tangle of other blockchains to support the basic features of our blockchain seems inefficient, at best.

Two very important points indeed.
1) Who's going to pay for the Factom/Moonstone integration (please prove it), and
2) Factom is a data layer for the Bitcoin blockchain, NOT for the BitShares blockchain.

I like Paul Snow (Factom), I've had long skype calls with him, he is a brilliant guy. I do want to make sure that we are not opening BitShares up to KYC/AML tyranny though. We really don't need to bridge to the Bitcoin POW blockchain either. The Moonstone footprint will only grow at that point too, not good. I'll have a chat with Taulant about this and report back here...
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

zerosum

And Bitsapphire is not using BTS funds, they are just fund raising using the tools we have created for this purpose: BitShares UIA. Again, what's wrong with that?
(and it just happens that the cause of their fundraising, i.e. their new wallet, might be good for us)

Moonstone benefits Bitshares, peertracks and now factom! yet only BTS is paying for it.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
We also got some great news!
Factom and bitsapphire teamed up to create an Identity Management System for the Moonstone Wallet.
"Bitsapphire will be creating a new level of KYC for their Moonstone crypto wallet. It will allow users to transfer and trade among Bitcoin, BitAssets, User-Issued Assets, and other tokens. It will be available in the next 6-12 months with customer identification via the Factom protocol."
You can check this link for more information: http://blog.factom.org/post/118735295389/fun-new-things-happening-at-factom

It was not enough that peertracks are ripping the benefits of moonstone and not paying a dime, but now we have a new project that is milking Bitshares. Very nice thank you!

Do you have other project interested in bitshares money? I am hearing the left arm of factom - mastercoin is not doing so great? Don't they want to milk of BTS as well. Why the wait? Bring them on. I am sure they can think of feature that moonstone can provide for them...all paid using BTS delegate dilution! How can they say 'No'?

Indeed. if that depends on the success of the moonstone wallet, why won't those projects fund the $130,000 you need? It's in their best interest to do so.

Might aswell add a powered by BitShares mark on Factom since it's squeezing BTS funds

They are now building an identity management system backed up by Factom’s API for Moonstone.
Looks like Bitsapphire has chosen Factom’s technology to enhance the new Moonstone wallet - what's wrong with that? Factom is not a competitor for us.
I assume that Factom customers will not be using the wallet - but even if they do, it might be beneficial for us in the long term.

Last I heard, BitShares is going to support whitelisting for UIAs natively, and BitSapphire wasn't particularly working with the core devs to make anything compatible.  Funding, making, and marketing a new wallet that relies on a tangle of other blockchains to support the basic features of our blockchain seems inefficient, at best.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Thanks great news! That will go a long way towards helping with that element of functionality in moontone.

Are they contributing to the crowdfund also?

We should be days away from the first version of the wallet being made available for download if I recall correctly. From what I recall a lot of people are waiting on that before they contribute.

Please let us know where and when we can try it out!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

jakub

Factom and bitsapphire teamed up to create an Identity Management System for the Moonstone Wallet.
"Bitsapphire will be creating a new level of KYC for their Moonstone crypto wallet. It will allow users to transfer and trade among Bitcoin, BitAssets, User-Issued Assets, and other tokens. It will be available in the next 6-12 months with customer identification via the Factom protocol."
You can check this link for more information: http://blog.factom.org/post/118735295389/fun-new-things-happening-at-factom

It was not enough that peertracks are ripping the benefits of moonstone and not paying a dime, but now we have a new project that is milking Bitshares. Very nice thank you!

Do you have other project interested in bitshares money? I am hearing the left arm of factom - mastercoin is not doing so great? Don't they want to milk of BTS as well. Why the wait? Bring them on. I am sure they can think of feature that moonstone can provide for them...all paid using BTS delegate dilution! How can they say 'No'?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:06:08 pm by jakub »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:39:50 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

Offline bitsapphire

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:23:06 pm by bitsapphire »
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html