Author Topic: No BTS balance - version 0.7.0  (Read 1978 times)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
first check if you are 100% synced, if yes   
right click your mouse and click on "reload"...   8)

I figured it out. But I can guarantee you 99% of the average users you are targeting won't. What happened was that client has received blocks from the old version, so the new version couldn't continue with the blockchain. Wiping the chain folder worked, but that meant I had to re-download entire blockchain.

My point though is that this is super disruptive and happens all too often. Downloading the entire blockchain took a day. If I needed to make an urgent trade within the "decentralized exchange" I would be screwed. Luckily I am not relying on it.

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I figured it out. But I can guarantee you 99% of the average users you are targeting won't. What happened was that client has received blocks from the old version, so the new version couldn't continue with the blockchain. Wiping the chain folder worked, but that meant I had to re-download entire blockchain.

My point though is that this is super disruptive and happens all too often. Downloading the entire blockchain took a day. If I needed to make an urgent trade within the "decentralized exchange" I would be screwed. Luckily I am not relying on it.
Good to hear you are back synced ..

The issue you described is a result of a rather recent hard fork .. those will not happen to often in future .. after reaching 1.0 ... the goal IIRC is to have hard forks at most every 6 months to bring in new features ..

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
That here explains the price drop. At version 0.7.0, you would expect upgrading to a new version to be less disruptive compared to many months ago.

I am stuck at "Last block was synced 3d 2h 51m 41s ago" and also have a pending transaction from the old version that didn't make it due to "hard fork".

So it shows as "invalid transaction expiration". Lovely.

So we have 10 second transaction confirmations, but 2 days to figure out how to run the mandatory new version. That's gotta be great for trading. NOT.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You may also to to "advanced" in the account menu .. then to console and type
'balance' or 'history' ... these will give you the raw information that the core client sees

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
I have no BTS balance on Version 0.7.0.  Is there a command that I can run?  I hope it is a GUI issue and I haven't been hacked.

Is your wallet blockchain synchronized with the network?
You can look at the transaction history to see fund movement.

Offline Pairmike

I have no BTS balance on Version 0.7.0.  Is there a command that I can run?  I hope it is a GUI issue and I haven't been hacked.
https://Steemit.com | The Social Media Network that Pays