Author Topic: BitShares 0.8.0 Feedback  (Read 15988 times)

Offline gn1

• View Profile
I'm on Mac OS X Yosemite, (16GB RAM) and updated to Bitshares 0.8.

Everything is working fine except the Exchange tab, where it becomes ridiculously slow. I can't trade because of the extreme lag. Any idea how to fix this problem?
I'm a BitShares enthusiast in Japan, spreading BitShares daily to the Japanese people through https://genxnotes.com. Help us grow bitJPY together, so that bitUSD/bitJPY market pair will become the most popular market worldwide! Imagine what kind of world it will become when we execute this.

Offline Chronos

After bumping RAM up to 8gb, v0.8 is working well. Fully synced now. Good work!

However, if the client crashes, resuming the sync seems to hang sometimes.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
0.8.1 for OSX is needed
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline spartako

• View Profile
Last night my delegate lost all connections and started to miss blocks. It is configured to not accept incoming connections.
It is the first time that happen to me with new versions (one time in August I had a similar problem)
Now it is synced again.
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I'm also getting "Network Problems" again (had it last night, but ws Ok this morning - but now back). Is there a way to check how many delegates are participating in my case and whether or not I am on a fork?

In the console, type get_info and look for these lines:

Code: [Select]
"blockchain_head_block_age": "8 seconds old",
"blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "82.11 %",

head_block_age should be less than a minute, and anything above 50% should mean you're on the good fork.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
linux mint 17, 8 gb
very often when I make a transaction and I right click and click "reload" to see the right balance, the client will lost connection and the only way to fix it is to close and restart it....

Offline onceuponatime

I'm also getting "Network Problems" again (had it last night, but ws Ok this morning - but now back). Is there a way to check how many delegates are participating in my case and whether or not I am on a fork?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Much more responsive than previous versions which would immediately freeze. It took some hours syncing but I can finally vote for delegates now! It feels good being able to vote after all this time! So happy to see the wallet working again, thanks for your hardwork!

At the moment, at the bottom, although it says blocks are synced it also says "Network Problems", dunno what it's about.

It took me a while to vote. You could simply have some kind of "checklist" on teh delegates list where you could choose the ones you wanted and at to a slate and then vote. Or go to the profile of a delegate and choose to vote for him or not next to the "make a payment" option. It would be easier that way. At the moment it feels you can't just do a quick search for the delegates you want and vote for them, that would be nice.

other than that it's way better than before, keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:59:01 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline svk

I had a really hard time getting synced up on first launch, and during the night my delegate client lost all connections and started missing blocks. This only happened on my delegate server though, at the same time I updated the Bitsharesblocks api servers and they both synced up without issue.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline onceuponatime

Wow. I run on Windows and  v0.8.0   downoaded very fast first try (after uninstalling 0.7.0) and has run perfectly for all day now.

I do have 16 gig on this machine,  and it is my experience on other machines that 4 gig always has issues.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:01:35 am by onceuponatime »

Offline gnarl

• View Profile
Win7x64 feedback

On my pc the install over 0.7.0 used 2.1gb of memory during the sync. It did not release the memory, and crashed when opening an exchange page.
Restarted.  Stuck on block 2115503. Total blocks are growing larger. Waited a while, then killed it. It wanted to rescan on startup...

On a different Win7 pc, first install, default location, it used 1.6gb of memory during the sync. It did not release the memory, and crashed when opening an exchange page.
Restarted. Yellow Network problems, but 20 connections. Stuck on block 2115555. Total blocks are growing larger.

The owner of the second system said "well I will not be risking any money on that ****** ****". and tried to uninstall it.

He closed it like a normal program with the X,  except bitshares doesn't close that way, it pops up a lame message and keeps running no matter what you click. Close does not kill it either....
He found the Uninstaller and ran it, but on the last page it said it did not remove everything. It did not uninstall. The Bitshares folder was still there, appdata\bitshares folder was still there, and the darn thing is still running in the task bar. The only thing it removed was the uninstaller, unins00.exe.
Unbelievable...

Is anyone even testing these builds on windows?

Offline ag

• View Profile
I upgraded to 0.8.0 after the fork. the client got stuck on some block after the fork block. I restarted, still wouldn't sync. So now I'm rebuilding the block chain, and it will take a while, but I'm guessing it will be fine then.

Offline vikram

Oh man this version is awesome, so so smooth! Nice work :)

OSX Yosemite with 8GB ram.

When was the involuntary 0.1BTS receive fee decided on? I think this should be re-thought because at the moment. there's nothing stopping a rich twisted person from setting their transaction fee to 0.1 and sending <0.1 payments to people thus reducing their balance overall.

It's not a receive fee, just a transaction fee. Right now you don't pay anything extra for including dust in a transfer.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Oh man this version is awesome, so so smooth! Nice work :)

OSX Yosemite with 8GB ram.

When was the involuntary 0.1BTS receive fee decided on? I think this should be re-thought because at the moment. there's nothing stopping a rich twisted person from setting their transaction fee to 0.1 and sending <0.1 payments to people thus reducing their balance overall.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
had to delete my peers folder, but once done it connected fine
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true