Author Topic: Current State of Light Wallet(s)  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Methodise

You updated from 8 GB to 16, or to "about 8 or 16"?

I'm stuck at 88 days remaining. Deleting my chain for the third time today...   :(

I initially upgraded to 8GB and it synced ok but then installed a second 8GB for a total of 16GB and it performs very well.  I also just downloaded the entire blockchain in less than an hour.

When I was running ~4GB it was frustrating and took forever to sync and would freeze... from what you're telling me it sounds like it's a RAM issue.

That's interesting. I'm running around advising everyone to keep a backup of their 'chain' directory for easier resyncs. Seems to work.
BTS: methodise

Offline bitsapphire

Yep, there are several projects underway by different people. Ours is Moonstone.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline Chronos

Sync finished up. Increasing memory to 8 GB fixed the crashing during download, it seems. Thanks, all, for your help!

There is a bug, though: if the client closes unexpectedly, the sync will hang and not download any more blocks. It needs to be able to recover from a crash better.

I don't see a download link to the light wallet on bitshares.org. Perhaps it should be added?

Offline Fanya

• View Profile

I'm stuck at 88 days remaining. Deleting my chain for the third time today...   :(

I initially upgraded to 8GB and it synced ok but then installed a second 8GB for a total of 16GB and it performs very well.  I also just downloaded the entire blockchain in less than an hour.

When I was running ~4GB it was frustrating and took forever to sync and would freeze... from what you're telling me it sounds like it's a RAM issue.
Try to use bitshares_client.exe in folder"X:\Program Files\BitSharesX\bin" instead of BitShares.exe to sync the blockchain. It's faster.

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Chronos

How much RAM are you running?
When I updated to 8-16GB everything was significantly faster and smoother.

Offline yellowecho

How much RAM are you running?
When I updated to 8-16GB everything was significantly faster and smoother.  The web wallet seems to work well and light weight is in testing I think
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
There's project moonstone which is reworking the wallets, the light wallet currently supports sending and receiving but is functional. You could also use the web wallet beta: wallet.bitshares.org (I believe) you only decrypt private keys client side.

Offline Chronos

Struggling with the blockchain download (and associated crashes) is no fun at all. This makes me wonder: is there a stable light wallet ready for public consumption?

I'm also curious to hear of any other light wallets under construction.

Thanks!