Author Topic: BitShares Derivatives Market  (Read 1280 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I agree. BitAssets are the foundation, but not the final form in which the largest group of traders and speculators will be attracted to using a decentralised exchange. I see bitCurrencies (bitUSD, bitCNY etc) as the stable assets that can be used to support user trading accounts and margining processes, with derivatives created on top of these. That way we could match the full functionality of global stock, commodity, currency and crypto exchanges. To me that is the big prize we seem to not be talking about.

I made a similar suggestion here (section of OP headed bitTrading Assets, and a Derivatives Exchange)...https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14835.msg192154#msg192154

I personally think we still need to improve the trading engine for bitCurrencies further to really nail down the pegging and spreads. But there's no reason this can't be done in parallel, apart from resource time.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Is there any plan to build a BitShares derivatives market? Currently it seems the BitShares market is mostly describable as a currency market for currency-derivatives.

Modern day derivative markets require 1-2% collateral for stable assets.  This is the 700 trillion dollar market place many in BTS talk about, however, the current BTS exchange is not actually built similarly enough to replace this market because it's not built to operate that way.

To clarify, I am not asking if we will be able to short MPAs into existence with less than 300% collateral. I am asking if MPAs will eventually be able to be used in a Blockchain based derivatives market that functions like modern day derivative markets that require only 1-2% collateral. 

Appreciate finding out if this is in the roadmap.  Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:41:20 pm by Carpet Ride »
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.