Author Topic: Hangout Questions for Bytemaster (Due Friday @ 10:00am EST)  (Read 4110 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I'll repeat the question that wasn't asked last week, when will we see a project roadmap and why don't we have one for all to see?

Yes we really need a high-level roadmap, and can it include a ballback timeline for the bond market?

Offline yellowecho

I have a question:

What is the current status and state of the Object Graph?  And can you elaborate on its impact to the BitShares ecosystem and the time horizon for which scripting could be implemented?
http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2014/12/24/Introducing-BitShares-Object-Graph/

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:50:51 pm by yellowecho »
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What is happening with remittence and J. Underwood?

I almost forgot about all that. The website looks nice (http://remitabit.com/), although a work-in-process. And it seems underwun is at least still around (Last active March 29, 2015). Remittances are still a huge use-case/opportunity for BTS, so I'd like to hear more on this progress as well.

I spend several hours a week chatting with John.  We've been mates ever since he sent me that tube of Vegemite.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11125.msg157488#msg157488
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

I almost forgot about all that. The website looks nice (http://remitabit.com/), although a work-in-process. And it seems underwun is at least still around (Last active March 29, 2015). Remittances are still a huge use-case/opportunity for BTS, so I'd like to hear more on this progress as well.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Is not publishing pricefeeds a bad example for core developers and what does the teams thought on this? Toast and Theoretical wanted not to use the existing feed scripts, but never delivered their own.

If the core developers are not supporting the feed solution, maybe we should think about a better way to do it!

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
I'll repeat the question that wasn't asked last week, when will we see a project roadmap and why don't we have one for all to see?

I like this question. I also liked when Taulant said how clean the code is,  but how humorous that it is somehow also terribly lacking in pseudo code / comments.  Two things gs that don't usually go together well.

Can the core developers have a 'documentation day'  in which they bring their code comments up to spec?  I know this community is impatient, but better documented code will encourage 3rd parties to get more involved.

Bingo! Good point but i think this is second to getting the bugs out the way and getting to 1.0. Lets not take our foot off the gas just yet.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

clout

I know that BM is enamored with the whole self funding DAC idea, but given that this model isn't feasible with such a low market capitalization is the BitShares team actively looking for more funding options?

Are there any plans for integrating blocktrade.us into web wallet so that people can easily send btc to the exchange and be credited bitassets to trade on the exchange with?

What are the plans for marketing, if any, once web wallet is fully functional and the Lime and Moonstone wallets are out?

For promotional purposes can we use delegate funds to purchase bitUSD and distribute to new users of the Lime and Moonstone wallets?

What are the plans, if any, for getting on to other exchanges in order to add liquidity to the BTS market?

Offline davidpbrown

I'll refer you to What is BitShares? and the scores of other profoundly serious articles you will find with it on Bytemaster's Blog.

See also Join the BitShares Community Today!

Yes, obviously I have seen those but then nothing as exacting as a mission or vision statement. If the goal is many different thoughts to many different people, there's a risk of the community pulling in alsorts of directions and being inefficient in that. There's also risk of divisions later as the difference between ideas become more apparent. As nomoreheroes7 notes there is a difference between the two statements. Even if we cannot resolve them, the debate around them might provide interesting insight into what different people are looking for BitShares to achieve. Perhaps those types of statement are more ye olde school company control and community efforts are different? I would expect though that any organisation, centralised or distributed, will benefit from having clear focus. Perhaps it's like having a constitution.. some countries do better without it??
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:26:48 pm by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I believe the overall goal of BTS is "to find free market solutions to secure life, liberty, and property for all"...but that is a bit broad. Perhaps that would make a good vision statement, but a more narrow/present-focused mission statement is needed?

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Mission_Statement_vs_Vision_Statement

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
What's are the ultimate goals of BitShares ?  ;D

The same thing we do every day, Pinky...

It might be useful to have a clear and serious statement of intent.. a mission statement and a vision statement. Those done right would lend themselves to good PR and help focus the community's actions. While the Pinky quote above is cute and in jest, BitShares might do well promoting itself on the near inverse of that .. something along the lines of Keep Calm and try to Empower All the People.. or Sharing All the World, One Bit at a Time..

I'll refer you to What is BitShares? and the scores of other profoundly serious articles you will find with it on Bytemaster's Blog.

See also Join the BitShares Community Today!

and Where Can Blockchain Technology Take Us?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:20:18 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline davidpbrown

It might be useful to have a clear and serious statement of intent.. a mission statement and a vision statement. Those done right would lend themselves to good PR and help focus the community's actions. While the Pinky quote above is cute and in jest, BitShares might do well promoting itself on the near inverse of that .. something along the lines of Keep Calm and try to Empower All the People.. or Sharing All the World, One Bit at a Time..
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

I like this question. I also liked when Taulant said how clean the code is,  but how humorous that it is somehow also terribly lacking in pseudo code / comments.  Two things gs that don't usually go together well.

Can the core developers have a 'documentation day'  in which they bring their code comments up to spec?  I know this community is impatient, but better documented code will encourage 3rd parties to get more involved.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D