Author Topic: Moonstone Fundraiser Help Thread  (Read 11974 times)

Offline monsterer

What if we want to do multiple donations? Would you just send some more BTC at a later time to the same BTC address you generated when you first created the wallet?

Is there any way to check and see whether our donation was received and our wallet credited?

That flow should work - metaexchange deposit addresses are reusable and the moonstone team is using our API to generate the addresses on their fundraiser page. bitsapphire should be able to confirm :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
What if we want to do multiple donations? Would you just send some more BTC at a later time to the same BTC address you generated when you first created the wallet?

Is there any way to check and see whether our donation was received and our wallet credited?

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
What happens when you reach your goal?  Will you still refund the donations made after $150k with 15% yield?  What if you had 500k dumped on your site.  Is there anything preventing you from meeting the target of 15% yield for 500K in donations? 

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Anything I can do to help bitsapphire, I'm here!

Offline davidpbrown

Ok maybe you can dumb this down for me.  Say I have $100 to invest.  I think bts is going to be 100-500% higher within the next 6 months.  Shouldn't I just invest in bts since that return will be much higher than the 15% moonstone is offering?

If you think BTS is going to be worth 100-500% in a few months, then you would want to accumulate as much MOONFUND as possible (not investment advice, just saying). You can get 15% more BTS in the long run with your 100 USD by buying MOONFUND than by putting your money directly into BTS.

Concretely, if you want to spend 100 USD today on BTS you can get 18,000 BTS,
If you donate to Moonstone you can get 20,700 BTS in the long run.

I would really like to know whether that was simple enough. We'd like to include a simple explanation for our newsletter today. Please let us know what you think!

That's great.. and especially now with the switch to BTS!  +5%  +5%  +5%
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline davidpbrown

...I notice though that the total $ on https://moonstone.io/ hasn't updated.

"The total number and percentage bar are updated on a 15-30 minute basis as we count only verified bitcoin transactions and cloudflare takes about 15 minutes to update on all continents. This is normal and expected." from second post in this thread.

Yes but still not updated.. perhaps it's not including the metaexchange yet or there is a longer delay.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline bitsapphire

Ok maybe you can dumb this down for me.  Say I have $100 to invest.  I think bts is going to be 100-500% higher within the next 6 months.  Shouldn't I just invest in bts since that return will be much higher than the 15% moonstone is offering?

If you think BTS is going to be worth 100-500% in a few months, then you would want to accumulate as much MOONFUND as possible (not investment advice, just saying). You can get 15% more BTS in the long run with your 100 USD by buying MOONFUND than by putting your money directly into BTS.

Concretely, if you want to spend 100 USD today on BTS you can get 18,000 BTS,
If you donate to Moonstone you can get 20,700 BTS in the long run.

I would really like to know whether that was simple enough. We'd like to include a simple explanation for our newsletter today. Please let us know what you think!
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline bitsapphire

"Upon donation you will receive 1.15 Bitsapphire UIAs, meaning, for every dollar you put in an additional 15% will get back to you in the form of a buyback over the next 5-30 months."

Can you clarify when exactly we get back our "donation"? In 5,6,7... our 30 months? Suppose the BTS market cap increase the next months and the $130000 will be collected from your 5 elected delegates  in 9 months from now... does it mean it mean you release the fund then our gradually  every day for example? (something like vested funds)

The text should update any time now to reflect the changes to BTS rather than USD. Based on the community feedback we decided to switch the repayment in terms of BTS as everybody in the thread and the poll is long on BTS. People want to make a return in in terms of BTS.

Considering that the delegate repayment rate is practically constant the repayment will also be constant (on a daily basis). We will place 1:1 orders on the market for MOONFUNDs every day with the delegate funds.

This means that the only variable (assuming delegates are voted in as planned) is what the price of BTS in terms of BTC is during these 30 days, and how much we raise. Once the fundraiser is complete it should be predictable how long it will take for the buyback to complete.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

1. Are the prices on metaexchange.info and moonstone.io different by design?

2. If this funding goes real well - Are you gonna end it at  ~130K USD or you gonna let it run for the while 30 days, collecting say 200K USD?

metaexchange.info is just the current exchange pricing determined by the market (not moonstone.io). It should be traded theoretically at a 15% discount to what BTS are worth now, anything off of that is an arbitrage opportunity. Right now 1 BTC = 44k BTS, and 1 BTC=51k MOONFUND, so it looks about right.

I suppose the 66% spread that is mentioned on metaexchange is not correct for the MOONFUND/BTC  market? Right?

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
metaexchange.info is just the current exchange pricing determined by the market (not moonstone.io).

That's incorrect - bitsapphire is running a metaexchange node to support this fundraiser in partnership with us - the prices on metaexchange are the live fundraiser prices with no markup :)

ah, interesting, thanks for clarifying. What happens when the secondary market goes live, will metaexchange and the BTS wallet be out-of sync?
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline bitsapphire

1. Are the prices on metaexchange.info and moonstone.io different by design?

2. If this funding goes real well - Are you gonna end it at  ~130K USD or you gonna let it run for the while 30 days, collecting say 200K USD?

metaexchange.info is just the current exchange pricing determined by the market (not moonstone.io). It should be traded theoretically at a 15% discount to what BTS are worth now, anything off of that is an arbitrage opportunity. Right now 1 BTC = 44k BTS, and 1 BTC=51k MOONFUND, so it looks about right.

EDIT: Also, MOONFUND exchanges shouldn't count to the crowdfunding campaign, since it is done outside of crowdfunding.

(MOONFUND is the right UIA, correct?)

That's incorrect - bitsapphire is running a metaexchange node to support this fundraiser in partnership with us - the prices on metaexchange are the live fundraiser prices with no markup :)

MOONFUND is the official token, yes.

@tonyk2 The fundraiser will run for 30 days, just like a kickstarter. Whatever is collected will go to operations and an explainer to how the funds will be used ill be released regularly.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:31:38 pm by bitsapphire »

Offline monsterer

metaexchange.info is just the current exchange pricing determined by the market (not moonstone.io).

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

It will be extremely weird if this indeed is the case.... @monsterer @bitsapphire?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
 "Upon donation you will receive 1.15 Bitsapphire UIAs, meaning, for every dollar you put in an additional 15% will get back to you in the form of a buyback over the next 5-30 months."

Can you clarify when exactly we get back our "donation"? In 5,6,7... our 30 months? Suppose the BTS market cap increase the next months and the $130000 will be collected from your 5 elected delegates  in 9 months from now... does it mean it mean you release the fund then our gradually  every day for example? (something like vested funds)