Author Topic: Bitshares Europe - what can we do?  (Read 4703 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
No, I am not doing anything right now. I have depression. Please go ahead and do what you want.
Oh .. gute Besserung!

YUp - GUTE BESSERUNG
Ruhe Dich ein wenig aus .... und tanke Deine Energie auf! Wir haben auch BitShares Europe in Planung!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

38PTSWarrior

What is the reason again, why wallet.bitshares.org is not showing correctly on smartphones?

Offline Globally Distributed

• View Profile
Edit: Helping & spreading word is great, my point was just that products should be good enough to sell themselves.

Selling sells.  Products do not sell, unfortunately.
"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA

kudos robrigo

38PTSWarrior

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
No, I am not doing anything right now. I have depression. Please go ahead and do what you want.
Oh .. gute Besserung!

38PTSWarrior

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
You shouldnt have to do anything. BitShares is supposed to be a great product that offers a service that people actually want. Once people can trade from the web-based wallet and easily deposit their BTC into it, awareness of this product will spread as easily as sharing a url to wallet.bitshares.org. It shouldnt require people evangelizing on campuses.

Right???

38PTSWarrior  just doing this or had done this a few weeks before (AFAIK)... but yes during the summer we should held some more educational meetups about ... maybe some US devs wa
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hi Ronald welcome on board!

We had a talk about BitShares last month in Amsterdam on Bitcoin Meetup

http://bitcoinmeetup.nl/2015/03-17.html

Guess we will organize more in near future! Where you're located !?
I'll create a seperate Amsterdam BitShares Meetup.com page soon.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
You shouldnt have to do anything. BitShares is supposed to be a great product that offers a service that people actually want. Once people can trade from the web-based wallet and easily deposit their BTC into it, awareness of this product will spread as easily as sharing a url to wallet.bitshares.org. It shouldnt require people evangelizing on campuses.

Right???

Edit: Helping & spreading word is great, my point was just that products should be good enough to sell themselves.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:10:34 pm by speedy »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hey Ronald,
welcome to the BitShares community

@cass, me and @jabbajabba want to do somthing here in Europe too .. mostly informal stuff and some other things ..
We'd love to build a team full of passionate people with good contacts ..

Would you be interesting in building this up?
BTW, there are already some people around from Europe: http://map.bitshares.org/

Offline robrigo

Hey ronald. Glad you want to help the project! Reaching out to the circles you've mentioned to give presentations about bitshares concepts and innovations, educate businesses about the utility of bitshares adoption, entrepreneurs about the opportunity of leveraging the assets on the platform, and/or talk to people about the investment opportunity that bitshares represents.

Have you given any thought to creating a BitShares meetup on meetup.com? We are slowly growing our mindshare but representation in Europe is needed.

Offline ronald

• View Profile
Me and a few friends of mine in Holland/Europe are very interested in the concept of Bitshares.
What can we do here in Europe to get Bitshares succesfull? We have a lot of contacts, also in the financial world; university etc