Author Topic: To everyone complaining about the current BTS price...  (Read 19784 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
This project is huge and will have great impacts on both crypto and non-crypto world. Just my 2 cents.  :P
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
can't wait to see

来自我的 M812C 上的 Tapatalk

Offline mint chocolate chip

Whatever you have up your sleeves I hope it works out. Welcome aboard.

zerosum

can't tell if Stan or Newmine
Definitely not me and I don't believe this shit story one bit. Probably Stan or someone who is really hurting because they kept buying more and more as the price dropped, like Ander.

Post was supposed to be humorous and hopeful.  Also the reason we choose bitshares is because of the inflation decisions and a few others that have been made lately.  Price drops are good at this stage of business for us.  But real diehards, well you guys should stick around awhile, if you are still here at that point, you will see a reward.

Ok, lots of confusion about who I am, who I work for etc.  It's all irrelevant at this stage.  My honest to god hope is about a 50% dip in price right before we launch this.  However I see lots of grumbling and I do want people to know something is imminently on the horizon.

So since I can't announce this on my own, which is frankly one hell of craw in my maw, let's ask some questions about what has changed in bitshares and the world in the past month or so that might cause us to escalate the plan.

First off, by raise of hands,

Who is aware of any bitshares enabled ATMs coming online shortly?
* tsaishen raises hand

Who is aware of the advantages of bitshares vs NXT for a company that runs existing bitcoin ATMS?
* tsaishen raises hand

Who is aware of the fact the certain ATMs are also already being directly linked to exchanges?
* tsaishen hand again

Who knows the fees associated with trying to withdraw cash and manage other assets while traveling internationally?
* tsaishen *nods*

Now ask yourself.  As a US based small business owner who is seeking exposure to international capital markets, what provides a better tool bitshares or NXT?
Why?

At this point I can't say or even hint at more without risking breaking my NDA.  You all seem like a great group of people and I'm excited to be here, but it's not my job to announce this.  My role is mostly the project management and talent acquisition side, read this as CIO.  You'll probably only see me here looking for aspiring dev talent.  The CEO is a long standing member of this community, he'll do the actual announce so you know it's legit.

In the meantime, please by all means, if you feel the urge to divest yourself, do so.  Dump at todays prices.  But my point still stands, don't complain about it.  I bought bitcoin the first time it reached $20 something and sold when it all when it touched $4 USD.  I sold because I believed firmly that it had lost all potential, so I do feel your pain. 

On the other hand, if you have holdings and have been looking for an excuse to hold on for just a little bit longer.  Here is a reason to keep your hope alive, hold your shares and let's do this thing together!

what is NXT?

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile
Definitely not me and I don't believe this shit story one bit. Probably Stan or someone who is really hurting because they kept buying more and more as the price dropped, like Ander.

Post was supposed to be humorous and hopeful.  Also the reason we choose bitshares is because of the inflation decisions and a few others that have been made lately.  Price drops are good at this stage of business for us.  But real diehards, well you guys should stick around awhile, if you are still here at that point, you will see a reward.

Ok, lots of confusion about who I am, who I work for etc.  It's all irrelevant at this stage.  My honest to god hope is about a 50% dip in price right before we launch this.  However I see lots of grumbling and I do want people to know something is imminently on the horizon.

So since I can't announce this on my own, which is frankly one hell of craw in my maw, let's ask some questions about what has changed in bitshares and the world in the past month or so that might cause us to escalate the plan.

First off, by raise of hands,

Who is aware of any bitshares enabled ATMs coming online shortly?
* tsaishen raises hand

Who is aware of the advantages of bitshares vs NXT for a company that runs existing bitcoin ATMS?
* tsaishen raises hand

Who is aware of the fact the certain ATMs are also already being directly linked to exchanges?
* tsaishen hand again

Who knows the fees associated with trying to withdraw cash and manage other assets while traveling internationally?
* tsaishen *nods*

Now ask yourself.  As a US based small business owner who is seeking exposure to international capital markets, what provides a better tool bitshares or NXT?
Why?

At this point I can't say or even hint at more without risking breaking my NDA.  You all seem like a great group of people and I'm excited to be here, but it's not my job to announce this.  My role is mostly the project management and talent acquisition side, read this as CIO.  You'll probably only see me here looking for aspiring dev talent.  The CEO is a long standing member of this community, he'll do the actual announce so you know it's legit.

In the meantime, please by all means, if you feel the urge to divest yourself, do so.  Dump at todays prices.  But my point still stands, don't complain about it.  I bought bitcoin the first time it reached $20 something and sold when it all when it touched $4 USD.  I sold because I believed firmly that it had lost all potential, so I do feel your pain. 

On the other hand, if you have holdings and have been looking for an excuse to hold on for just a little bit longer.  Here is a reason to keep your hope alive, hold your shares and let's do this thing together!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:07:44 am by tsaishen »

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile

How surprising of you. Who do you work for anyway? I hope you charge well for your trolling services.

At first I thought NewMine was a troll, but now I see him as an algae eater. The tank has to be cleaned by someone.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

How surprising of you. Who do you work for anyway? I hope you charge well for your trolling services.

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
This is the first official post from our PR Department

You might want to mention that your statement was not a true fact.  I saw the sarcasm, but I think others missed it.

To clarify, I don't work for bitshares or any company that has ever announced support bitshares in the past.
Although bitsharesblog's statement is giving me pause for concern now.

I'm pretty sure everybody here knows it was sarcasm. I'm skeptical because you said that the low price was great for you guys. Well... wouldn't it be better to not say anything and let the price go down even more? Altruism and incredulity aside... I'm going to have to side with NewMine on this one. I dumped a load of SDC to buy BTS, and that coin pumped over 400%, while BTS has eaten away over 50% of my investment. (Some folks here are in much worse shape.) Why? Because I believed BTS was about the product... not hype like SDC. Still believing, but the natives are getting restless.

Offline onceuponatime

You might want to mention that your statement was not a true fact.  I saw the sarcasm, but I think others missed it.

To clarify, I don't work for bitshares or any company that has ever announced support bitshares in the past.
edited my statement, which was sarcastic. Sorry to anyone I may have confused.

Yeah, unfortunately sarcasm often doesn't come across well on forums that have many users with English as a second language.

Offline mint chocolate chip

edited my statement, which was sarcastic. Sorry to anyone I may have confused.

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Welcome tsaishen.  Thanks for the hope.
And that was very nice of you to offer an opportunity to the poster in the other thread.  :)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline tsaishen

• View Profile

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Mr T for delegate!

That's actually not a bad idea. Delegate Mascot?