Author Topic: What artist token are you most excited for?  (Read 5850 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline ghost_of_the_internet

• View Profile
As far as I know there are no confirmed artists that will use it.

jaran

Have any artists actually confirmed they are going to use BTS Music ?

U2  ;D

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Have any artists actually confirmed they are going to use BTS Music ?

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
What about use Festivals to promote

TomorrowLand for example

maybe they can sell tickets for shows too
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:56:40 pm by infovortice2013 »
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It's safe to say that each of us knows at least one un(der)employed musician. Frankly, there are bands at local bars and coffee shops that sound way better to me than the crap that clogs the charts. The potential here is...(wait for it...drumroll, please)...off the charts!

jaran

I think NOTES can gain value as long as its deflationary and the shareholders can set the fees for purchases etc.  For example if we charged 5% per sale thats still way better than any other music platform.  That 5% fee then gets burned.
I'm not sure If I'm reading right, but they talk about buyback instead of  burning. So they may use the same mechanism as for the artiscoins. So basically the notes will be buy back automatically by the blockhain and  then burned. One think they are not talking about is how they will pay the delegates?  Are they using the same inflationary mechanism as Bitshare or not?  So not sure if will be a deflationary or a inflationary model. http://whatarenotes.info/ leaves more questions than answer....

I agree not bothering with NoteUSD is much better. It would have been much more complicated to recreate the bitassets market all over again.

Ya I have always associated buyback as being it will buyback the asset then burn them.  I hope that is the case as it will create a constant market for notes the same way it will for artistcoins.  I pray that they are not going to inflate because unlike bitshares that locks up large amounts of shares in collateral for bitassets notes won't have that benefit.

I have seen forum posts that lead me to believe they are not fans of the current bitshares inflationary model, but that is just pure speculation on my part.  I hope we learn more soon.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I think NOTES can gain value as long as its deflationary and the shareholders can set the fees for purchases etc.  For example if we charged 5% per sale thats still way better than any other music platform.  That 5% fee then gets burned.
I'm not sure If I'm reading right, but they talk about buyback instead of  burning. So they may use the same mechanism as for the artiscoins. So basically the notes will be buy back automatically by the blockhain and  then burned. One think they are not talking about is how they will pay the delegates?  Are they using the same inflationary mechanism as Bitshare or not?  So not sure if will be a deflationary or a inflationary model. http://whatarenotes.info/ leaves more questions than answer....

Moving away from the NoteUSD collateral model is quite a positive development, in my opinion. Under a collateral model, there would have been no guarantee that people wouldn't just move their noteUSD into BitUSD for increased safety or liquidity. Under the new model, the value of the underlying blockchain units (i.e., notes or their successors) now derives from the usefulness of the service to its users. If the service is really valuable to artists, listeners, scouts, traders, etc, this will naturally lead to high transaction volumes and create substantial value for the underlying blockchain unit holders. More importantly, the blockchain unit holders have control rights and thus get to set a revenue or fee model that will lead to the best mix of growth and long-term value. In essence, the new transaction-based model keeps BitShares and the music/entertainment blockchain largely separate and allows each to focus on what it does best.

I agree not bothering with NoteUSD is much better. It would have been much more complicated to recreate the bitassets market all over again.

Offline pendragon3

Moving away from the NoteUSD collateral model is quite a positive development, in my opinion. Under a collateral model, there would have been no guarantee that people wouldn't just move their noteUSD into BitUSD for increased safety or liquidity. Under the new model, the value of the underlying blockchain units (i.e., notes or their successors) now derives from the usefulness of the service to its users. If the service is really valuable to artists, listeners, scouts, traders, etc, this will naturally lead to high transaction volumes and create substantial value for the underlying blockchain unit holders. More importantly, the blockchain unit holders have control rights and thus get to set a revenue or fee model that will lead to the best mix of growth and long-term value. In essence, the new transaction-based model keeps BitShares and the music/entertainment blockchain largely separate and allows each to focus on what it does best.

jaran

They are building Music to be for non crypto people and have said that multiple times.

Offline yellowecho

Notes are mostly for investors  but I thing even more important are the music fans and they do not need to buy Notes at all, what they need it to buy artistcoin  most of them will not even know what notes are for. They just need to deposit money easily so basically they will buy bitUSD. I think this part it is essential to the success of the project. I'm not sure how this is gonna work, but  fans should be able to use Paypal or credit cards for deposit and withdrawing. If this will not happen  then Peertracks  will be another crypto project and only a few will ever hear about it.

This was exactly my point.  I was under the impression the 'artistCoins' would also be called Notes like a 'Snoop Note'.. but whatever they're called doesn't matter.  What matters is that its easy for people to buy into the network.. so Paypal or credit cards would be ideal.  Otherwise this project will fail.  I'm a buyer on the internal market so I believe in the team and the idea I just hope they can execute.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline joele

• View Profile
I'm in several bands/ music projects some of which are on indie labels and work directly with international PR firms.  I'm very interested to see where this is going.. if done correctly it could be huge.  IMO one big challenge will be for Peertracks to make it easy for people to purchase NOTES.. if they can do direct purchases using Paypal or credit card through Moonstone that would break the barrier to entry for the non-crypto crowd and it could take off in a big way.

Notes are mostly for investors  but I thing even more important are the music fans and they do not need to buy Notes at all, what they need it to buy artistcoin  most of them will not even know what notes are for. They just need to deposit money easily so basically they will buy bitUSD. I think this part it is essential to the success of the project. I'm not sure how this is gonna work, but  fans should be able to use Paypal or credit cards for deposit and withdrawing. If this will not happen  then Peertracks  will be another crypto project and only a few will ever hear about it.

To be honest I'm not sure how Notes will gain value now I read the http://whatarenotes.info/ but I'm not convinced. Notes will not be used as collateral for notesUSD  anymore which is fantastic for Bitshares but I'm not sure how good is this for the value of Notes. One thing is for sure if Peertrack is a success this will help the Bitshare a lot.

Compare to Play plans, I don't see high demand for Notes in the long term, only Artistcoin will gain its value.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I'm in several bands/ music projects some of which are on indie labels and work directly with international PR firms.  I'm very interested to see where this is going.. if done correctly it could be huge.  IMO one big challenge will be for Peertracks to make it easy for people to purchase NOTES.. if they can do direct purchases using Paypal or credit card through Moonstone that would break the barrier to entry for the non-crypto crowd and it could take off in a big way.

To be honest I'm not sure how Notes will gain value now I read the http://whatarenotes.info/ but I'm not convinced. Notes will not be used as collateral for notesUSD  anymore which is fantastic for Bitshares but I'm not sure how good is this for the value of Notes. One thing is for sure if Peertrack is a success this will help the Bitshare a lot.

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
yeah i talk with 2 music friends, one comercial from a tv show and another alternative bohemian , both say the same WTF !! really interested. Sure can take much more artist here, im impatient to see it running
my cousin is considering to publish his work there too .. he likes the idea ..

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
yeah i talk with 2 music friends, one comercial from a tv show and another alternative bohemian , both say the same WTF !! really interested. Sure can take much more artist here, im impatient to see it running
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I got a friend waiting for peertracks to start  :)
Me2 (2 friends! )

I said them about idle of March they would probably start... :D

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I got a friend waiting for peertracks to start  :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline joele

• View Profile
Any rap artists with gold teeth and saggy pants is my cue.  :)

Offline Riverhead

I'd like to buy coins in some lesser known artists that I think have a lot of promise. While I do like more popular musicians as well I like the speculation / talent scout game :). Also, it'd be cool to watch an artist you've invested in at a small venue where you can walk up and offer to buy them a beer.

A perfect example: http://ponyhofmusic.com/

Didn't offer to buy her a beer but I did by their CD directly from her. I feel you can't do that with the more established bands.

Offline ghost_of_the_internet

• View Profile
I would really love to see Deftones release an artist token on peertracks. I would buy up a ton. Would be totally awesome to get into shows for free and get discounts on merch. Maybe they would call it Defcoin.