Author Topic: Staff Meeting Notes - Monday, April 13, 2015  (Read 2378 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
Lol at the tesseract animation... I just watched a movie called Flatland a couple weeks ago for the first time for some random reason and got introduced to the idea of n-dimensions:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyuNrm4VK2w

I know it's based on a book... but the film is pretty neat too.
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
They are also working on a better way to set stable fees to ensure profitability independent of share price. 

Thanks for the update, Stan. Could you elaborate on this - does this mean a potential for variable fees?

Also interested to learn more about this.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
They are also working on a better way to set stable fees to ensure profitability independent of share price. 

Thanks for the update, Stan. Could you elaborate on this - does this mean a potential for variable fees?

Just a discussion about how to make sure that BitShares stays optimally competitive and optimally profitable over time.  This is a balancing act.   When someone says "variable" we should always ask "with respect to what?"

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

TurkeyLeg

+5% thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Currently they've taken a break from actively coding on the site to begin investigating various web technologies (React, Flux, Typescript, and many more) that they can use in future development work.
our friend @cass will certainly love this step!

+5% for the update

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Staff Meeting Notes - Monday, April 13, 2015

Here is a summary of Monday’s developer staff meeting. Hopefully this will give everyone more time to get Fuzzy your questions where he can organize them rather than trying to respond to Bytemaster's opening statement in real time.

I spent 16 hours in a road trip with Bytemaster this weekend to visit Great Grandma Larimer (quite possibly the only forum-lurking BitShares HODLer in her generation).  Remember, when you post there, my mother is watching, so watch your manners!

Listening to Dan think out loud for 860 miles is not something that the faint-hearted should attempt.  However, I can assure you that great progress was made in no less than N orthogonal directions that, for gratuitous mnemonical reasons, all start with the letter "p": (performance, partnerships, profitability, product utility, and patron acquisition).  You may have noticed some of this leaking out in his recent posts.  The following N-dimensional tesseract animation illustrates the ease with which I was able to follow his thought processes.

BitShares once again has made the the Roanoke Times - nominated for the Blacksburg Technology Council’s TechNite 2015 Innovator Award.

Meanwhile, Nathan was continuing development on the light wallet. In addition to upgrading his light wallet server, He has also implemented the latest key derivation scheme and verified that the light wallet's accounts can be recovered on the web hosted wallet, and vice versa. These changes are available on the BitShares git repository. He plans to offer a stable release candidate with Windows and Mac binaries soon.  James and Valentine continued to polish their user interfaces.

Ben and Vikram continued testing features and practicing painstaking meatball surgery on the live system.  Ben's Monte Carlo system found a tasty bug - before anyone could get bit by it for real.  They are also working on a better way to set stable fees to ensure profitability independent of share price.  The bugs that caused the recent market log jam in BitUSD are fixed on the DevShares chain and should be deployable by the end of this week.  They also have been assigned some interesting new partner integration duties to ensure they don't inadvertently accumulate any unexpended energy reserves.

On the BitShares client, SynaptiCAD fixed some bugs they found in the market API and updated the the regression tests as needed for recent changes to the client. Most of these bugs were exposed by operations performed by the backend engine of BlockTrades. They also worked on compilation of the light wallet for windows.

Their BlockTrades work this week has mainly focused on adding support for user accounts. Simple user accounts are now functional, allowing a user to maintain a history of their transactions. They also updated the site to account for changes to the latest DevShares API. Currently they've taken a break from actively coding on the site to begin investigating various web technologies (React, Flux, Typescript, and many more) that they can use in future development work.

Finally, most of us got a lot of quality interaction time with the infamous Peer to Peer Road Trip guys last week.   Watch for those video interviews in the coming weeks.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:43:19 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.