Author Topic: When a Delegate leaves the company, does his pay shut off automatically?  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Pheonike

I thought you can always decrease your rate, but you cant increase it. Either way, the system should set the rate and not the delegates if we separate the functions out.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:26:17 pm by Pheonike »

Offline onceuponatime

Why do you not just turn the pay rate to 3%? Ask to get voted out and continue to sign blocks until you get voted out. That would set a nice precedent on how to handle a change in delegate status.

You cannot change the pay rate, otherwise those 3% pay rate can sneak and change their pay rate to 100%
or may be I'm wrong. :D

My understanding was that a delegate can adjust payment rate down, but not up.

Offline joele

• View Profile
Why do you not just turn the pay rate to 3%? Ask to get voted out and continue to sign blocks until you get voted out. That would set a nice precedent on how to handle a change in delegate status.

You cannot change the pay rate, otherwise those 3% pay rate can sneak and change their pay rate to 100%
or may be I'm wrong. :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:19:28 pm by joele »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

+5%

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
IMO the fact that I haven't been voted out yet is troubling. Maybe I should just turn them off and allow lots of blocks to be missed? It'd save me $80/mo since I don't use that vps for anything else anymore...

New thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15796.0.html
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

IMO the fact that I haven't been voted out yet is troubling. Maybe I should just turn them off and allow lots of blocks to be missed? It'd save me $80/mo since I don't use that vps for anything else anymore...

I know this has come up in the past about what is going on with your delegate.. we were all told that the funds were being directed to cass. You shouldn't be troubled like you said if you made no official announcement about what was really going on with you and your delegate here. If that was done, I am sure the response would have been immediate.

Given now the rumours about what is happening with your funds are not true.. yes, I think we need to support a down vote to allow someone else who is actively going to enhance the bitshares delegate space.

Still love ya for all the help you have given in the past though. :)

Jonathan
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Pheonike

Could separate technical delegates from workers delegates this way?

Technical delegate pay 3%-5% - Signs blocks, produce feeds.
Worker/Project pay 100% - for whateverdeemed important by community.

Worker is not one of the 101 delegates. They are hired separately by the block chain. They are voted in either by the delegates or all bitshares holder. The vote criteria could be the median votes necessary of technical delegates to get elected. If elected then each technical delegate's pay will increase by 1%. That 1% is then sent to the worker delegate as pay. If the worker underperforms, they can be voted out and the 1% increase removed from the technical delegate.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

never read about you left BitShares and working exclusive for BitShares Music, so maybe it is just, no one knows about it and are not changing the votes? Would be nice to read what you are doing and if you need the delegates or not.....

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
in this case: toast left for NOTES completely.
His delegate pay goes to the dev fund, so it's not "wasted"
apart from that, it's up to investors to downvote obsolete delegates

Yep, that was my concern. I don't want us wasting any time, money or energy.

Sorry toast. Everyone please downvote then, Delegate: dev0.nikolai
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
in this case: toast left for NOTES completely.

His delegate pay goes to the dev fund, so it's not "wasted"

apart from that, it's up to investors to downvote obsolete delegates

Offline Pheonike

Should have a button like on the show "Lost". They receive a random captcha every 72hrs and have 1hr to send a sign message with the word.  :)

Offline mint chocolate chip

He will earn 100% until he is voted out of the top 101, and another 100% for his other delegate he has in the top 100%.
He says that his 'salary' he gives to other core devs and the other delegate salary he uses to pay for certain development tasks.