Author Topic: Can we talk about feed relative orders again?  (Read 1028 times)

jakub

Now all of a sudden everyone's back to competing against small centralized exchanges and wants to lower fees to 1 BTS or no BTS for cancellations.
Can someone please tell me wtf is going on?
Here is the explanation: because liquidity on the internal markets is absolutely vital for us.
Without liquidity SmartCoins don't work in practice - they are just beautiful but abstract concepts.
And without SmartCoins we have no product to sell for end-users.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Disclaimer : This is not directed at OP, just the entire BTS Community of late.  ;)

I thought BitShares 2.0 was supposed to be an "enterprise application".

When did this change?

Why are we going backwards?

What happened to all the talk about "$7.50 per trade" vs "40 BTS", what a bargain!?

Now all of a sudden everyone's back to competing against small centralized exchanges and wants to lower fees to 1 BTS or no BTS for cancellations.

Where is all of this bipolar cognitive dissonance coming from all of a sudden BitShares Community?

What happened? Are we dividing into two camps? Are we ditching Dan's ideas and going for something else? 

Please clue me in, because I'm very lost and tired of all of the changes (as I'm sure many others are too).

It would be nice to announce something and not have it dismantled three days later and only mentioned in a forum thread somewhere that things changed.  :-\

Yep, I agree.

Also, me personally working hard on finding totally useless and unnecessary transfer to make, so I have my Lifetime subscription paid for itself, before the  fees hit 0.01 BTS again :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:29:25 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Tuck Fheman

Disclaimer : This is not directed at OP, just the entire BTS Community of late.  ;)

I thought BitShares 2.0 was supposed to be an "enterprise application".

When did this change?

Why are we going backwards?

What happened to all the talk about "$7.50 per trade" vs "40 BTS", what a bargain!?

Where is all of this bipolar cognitive dissonance coming from all of a sudden BitShares Community?

What happened? Are we dividing into two camps? Are we ditching Dan's ideas and going for something else? 

Please clue me in, because I'm very lost and tired of all of the changes (as I'm sure many others are too).

It would be nice to announce something and not have it dismantled three days later and only mentioned in a forum thread somewhere that things changed.  :-\

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
BitShares is the only exchange that has order placing fees, which many people just cant get used to.

This makes it harder to run liquidity bots without paying loads on fees. Check out this buywall from an exchange that runs HFT bots: https://www.coinfloor.co.uk/exchange The buy wall is constantly changing every few seconds.

There was discussed previously a solution that will allow anyone to easily add liquidity:  bring back the proposed idea of feed relative orders. And allow choosing the feed for my order, so for example I can choose to use the BTS/BTC feed on the OPENBTC market.

Liquidity issues solved for all markets! I never understood the problem with this idea when it was proposed initially.