Author Topic: A Toast to Toast  (Read 9365 times)

Offline yellowecho

TO TOAST!
(I still think BitSharesTOAST was the best idea that never happened)  :P
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
think of it this way .

The development fund of BTS------ namely AGS , has a lot of stake in the Music system  .

If Music will be to the moon , that means the development budget of BTS will have great increase in value  , and be worth to compensate the BTS developers .

In fact , we would want to help all of the DACs who have gave AGS fund significant stake to succeed .

Absolutely!  We are closely economically aligned, almost like that was the plan!  +5%

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
think of it this way .

The development fund of BTS------ namely AGS , has a lot of stake in the Music system  .

If Music will be to the moon , that means the development budget of BTS will have great increase in value  , and be worth to compensate the BTS developers .

In fact , we would want to help all of the DACs who have gave AGS fund significant stake to succeed .

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:12:42 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Thank you Toast.  Long may your journey with BitShares continue.  BitShares Music will surely benefit from your expertise!  +5%
Haha.. interestingly, I can recall forum members complaining a year ago how BM could possible offer a job to a "newbie" from the university :)
Not this forum member I hope!  ;D  I would gladly have eaten humble pie though, BM's not always right but Toast has been brilliant.

Tuck Fheman

Haha.. interestingly, I can recall forum members complaining a year ago how BM could possible offer a job to a "newbie" from the university :)

right. "hiring teenagers" i believe was what i read a few places back in the day. now it's "toast was all bitshares haddddd!" from some.

elvis has left the building lel

i'm pretty sure i and the rest of you have a stash of notes which toast is working on thanks to having bitshares ags/pts. so i don't really see how toast has left meh or any of us.

but sure so long toast!  i'll read you on another forum.

guess we'll have to hope this dan guy (if that's his real name) can save us.

( ̄ー ̄)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Toast is one of the most valuable players in our ecosystem!

Thank you so much for all work you've done and you'll doing for BTS MUSIC etc...
I've got your back…

c
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Tuck Fheman

Toast left?!

When did this happen? Is there an official thread announcing this or should I create four or five threads inquiring about it?  Yes he's probably posted in this thread by now acknowledging such as fact, but I need proof!

:P

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thank you Toast.  Long may your journey with BitShares continue.  BitShares Music will surely benefit from your expertise!  +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Toast has been a great member of our team but has always been a free agent and not an employee.   He came to BTS to produce the DNS chain but that has been absorbed by BTS.
I totally agree. He also used to be very active hear in the forum. We just don't see anything from him anymore .. and that's too bad

He is currently serving as a liaison to BTS Music team which was progressing largely without technical support from the core team until Toast went over to help.   I recently talked with Toast about the future for BTS Music and am gathering the requirements that they would need to launch on the BTS chain rather than their own chain.   
Woops .. that's news to me. What was the outcome of your talk?
It seems toast is working on BitShares MUSIC and not for peertracks? Does he get a fair compensation there?

To my knowledge Toast is actually bringing new money into the BTS ecosystem and is still a believer in our future.   I applaud Toast for finding a way to pay his bills while still contributing to our ecosystem full time without having to sell all of his BTS.   

Toast is sending any BTS his delegates earn to the angel account and we are using those funds to keep the other developers fed.
I would have preferred to read this from toast himself but I am ok this way too.

@toast, what's your take in your delegates? I recall you say they it would be a great test for the system to have them voted out. Though, reading above makes me like to add them to my slate again .. now what?

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile
Pics or it didn't happen. 

Offline bytemaster

Toast has been a great member of our team but has always been a free agent and not an employee.   He came to BTS to produce the DNS chain but that has been absorbed by BTS.

He is currently serving as a liaison to BTS Music team which was progressing largely without technical support from the core team until Toast went over to help.   I recently talked with Toast about the future for BTS Music and am gathering the requirements that they would need to launch on the BTS chain rather than their own chain.   

To my knowledge Toast is actually bringing new money into the BTS ecosystem and is still a believer in our future.   I applaud Toast for finding a way to pay his bills while still contributing to our ecosystem full time without having to sell all of his BTS.   

Toast is sending any BTS his delegates earn to the angel account and we are using those funds to keep the other developers fed. 

To Clarify:  Music is still planning their own chain and that hasn't changed.  I am merely attempting to find out what it would take to CHANGE that while still providing a win for NOTE holders.   It is possible that nothing could change that.  COB and Eddie have done said nothing and my position has long been a desire to bring them into BTS.   
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:26:54 pm by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.