Author Topic: The CALL Price in 0.9.1  (Read 1939 times)

zerosum

1. I miss not to see my BTS balance on top of the page next to my account name like on previous versions...

True!
The open market bitAsset balance as well , as it used to be. - i.e. when you are in bitUSD:BTS market at least the BTS and bitUSD balances should be easily visible at the top (or somewhere).

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
In 0.9.1 we cannot see when we cover how much BTS will be released. One has to multiply the call price x bitasset owed x 1.5 to see the released BTS when cover? Why on earth would you change this and not show in advance how much BTS are released when we cover? Just to save some space, we lose valuable information.. How are we supposed to track how many BTS we have at any given time?

Please change this as it was..

Other than that 0.9.1 looks much nicer.. :)

This is annoyance for me too. I did not want to complain about it only because I thought I will be selfish to do so.
At any rate the "BTS freed/how much BTS you will get if you cover" are equal to your collateral, which can be seen with mouse-over the order...coping this number is what I really do not like, cause I have no clue how I can do so....

Anyway I have bigger issues with this DEFINITLY BETTER LOOKING interface- like:
- placing orders with the apparently non-standard resolution I use.
- History-less markets is another issue for me. (again pic coming if this is not clear).

+5%

I add to that:

1. I miss not to see my BTS balance on top of the page next to my account name like on previous versions...
2. It would be great to have next to our short orders a green/red % indicator that show us the % we are currently winning/loosing.

zerosum

In 0.9.1 we cannot see when we cover how much BTS will be released. One has to multiply the call price x bitasset owed x 1.5 to see the released BTS when cover? Why on earth would you change this and not show in advance how much BTS are released when we cover? Just to save some space, we lose valuable information.. How are we supposed to track how many BTS we have at any given time?

This is annoyance for me too. I did not want to complain about it only because I thought I will be selfish to do so.
At any rate the "BTS freed/how much BTS you will get if you cover" are equal to your collateral, which can be seen with mouse-over the order...coping this number is what I really do not like, cause I have no clue how I can do so....

Anyway I have bigger issues with this DEFINITLY BETTER LOOKING interface- like:
- placing orders with the apparently non-standard resolution I use.
- History-less markets is another issue for me. (again pic coming if this is not clear).

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
The rule did change...

The thinking "we can make our system more secure by imposing more and more restrictions/hurdles on the shorts. And this is the proper way to do things"

is the way things were though about in the past... if this is about to change is to be seen. but 0.9.0 was implemented following this [hopefully abandoned now] philosophy.

[edit]
The new call price rule can be described in a number of ways. I find this the most straight  forward: (Total Collateral / #AssetX sold ) / 2

btw other changes ( aside from the main one - expiring shorts buy at feed and not at upto feed*(1/0.9) ) :

New short orders DEFINETLY start with 300% collateral....as logical as this is, the side effect is - if you see a short selling 100 bitUSD above the feed price.... well you  cannot buy 100 bitUSD from that order...sorry.

Tks bro, I see it now.
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

zerosum

The rule did change...

The thinking "we can make our system more secure by imposing more and more restrictions/hurdles on the shorts. And this is the proper way to do things"

is the way things were though about in the past... if this is about to change is to be seen. but 0.9.0 was implemented following this [hopefully abandoned now] philosophy.

[edit]
The new call price rule can be described in a number of ways. I find this the most straight  forward: (Total Collateral / #AssetX sold ) / 2

btw other changes ( aside from the main one - expiring shorts buy at feed and not at upto feed*(1/0.9) ) :

New short orders DEFINETLY start with 300% collateral....as logical as this is, the side effect is - if you see a short selling 100 bitUSD above the feed price.... well you  cannot buy 100 bitUSD from that order...sorry.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:45:27 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
It seems that the Call price of short orders is calculated in different manner in 0.9.1.

My short order was filled at the price of 0.020356 BitCNY/BTS.

I own the exchange 2035.607 BitCNY, which is backed by 200,000 BTS from me + 100,000 BTS from the opponent.

According to the rule in 0.9.0, the call price of my short order should be
     1.5* 2035.607 / (200,000 + 100,000) = 0.010178 BitCNY/BTS.

However, in 0.9.1, the CALL price displays as 0.013571 BitCNY/BTS.

Is this a bug of GUI, or the calculation of Call price of short order does change?
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018