Author Topic: Developer Hangout with Bytemaster -April 24, 2015 [00:45:23][.mp3/41,6 mb]  (Read 9339 times)

Offline fuzzy

I am against having an "official" pr manager .. independet of who it actually should be ..
There is just no such thing as "official" with a decentralized company .. the only official thing REALLY  ist the blockchain protocol .. basta

I totally agree. I despise titles. People do expect titles to know roughly what it is you do for a living. But in a DAC, I think we can all agree that we are tired of the traditional power structures.

Titles are used to clarify, but should not be used as a "i'm better than you" kind of hierarchy. I wrote a little parable about my thoughts on this as well, regarding Payrates.

Coders think they're better than the garbageman.
CEO's think they're better than the secretary.
Nurses think they're better than the doctor.
The kid with the brand name clothes is more popular?

DAC's are just the beginning. We are on the precipice of a grand awakening.

Sentient beings, and why the Garbageman is just as important as the Coder.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15904.0.html

+5% 
I think we should all try to be doing what we can...it really just comes down to that.  Complaining is easy but pointless.  Don't get me wrong, sometimes I catch myself complaining too...but I honestly can say I am happier when I'm working to try to network for BitShares and find myself talking with awesome people who are solution oriented (and in most cases far more technically inclined than I).
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I am against having an "official" pr manager .. independet of who it actually should be ..
There is just no such thing as "official" with a decentralized company .. the only official thing REALLY  ist the blockchain protocol .. basta

I totally agree. I despise titles. People do expect titles to know roughly what it is you do for a living. But in a DAC, I think we can all agree that we are tired of the traditional power structures.

Titles are used to clarify, but should not be used as a "i'm better than you" kind of hierarchy. I wrote a little parable about my thoughts on this as well, regarding Payrates.

Coders think they're better than the garbageman.
CEO's think they're better than the secretary.
Nurses think they're better than the doctor.
The kid with the brand name clothes is more popular?

DAC's are just the beginning. We are on the precipice of a grand awakening.

Sentient beings, and why the Garbageman is just as important as the Coder.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15904.0.html

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

BM, as for saying you're "much more organized" than me - are you?  >:(
Can I at least help with a PR roadmap? Please advise how far you'd like me to take this company and I'll do it. No shit. Obviously I can do it. I've got 2 more interviews in the works this week, should I tell them we're not interested?

@BM: Please let KenCode help you with these things, and do not alienate him.  We need as many competent business people as we can get helping us.   Compare how much better he is for this role than Brian Page was.  He has a much deeper understanding of Bitshares, a genuine passion for Bitshares, plenty of experience with startups, and he isnt even asking for a bunch of money.   Please consider working with him on the PR roadmap.  Please also consider officially naming him PR director.  (I dont think there even is someone in that role right now?)

@KenCode: Thank you for your passion for Bitshares.  When you add a delegate let me know, I will vote and also make a post trying to get you more support.

This, however, leads to a free competition of any pr manager AND to a company that does not need to give permission to ANYBODY .. just do you think is the right thing to do .. though you cant blame anyone that does have a different opinion
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:52:57 pm by xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank you Ander, from the bottom of my heart.
I can't go on like this working 14 hours per day, 7 days per week on BitShares unpaid.
Yeah, seriously. Ask my wife.

I did register the delegate, but am just waiting for datasecuritynode to get the signing key installed on the new server.
He said he is in some training today, so hopefully he'll have everything done by tonight.

My Delegate Proposal is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vg-N7NbX5J5FC9EvxRqjoRqXyl9f2oNpQnphk1yW5Jw/edit

I'm adding more to it over the next day or so, and the next media interview is very close as well so I hope I can be vote-able soon, I really need it right now to justify this to the family. Thank you again :)
  -ken
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

BM, as for saying you're "much more organized" than me - are you?  >:(
Can I at least help with a PR roadmap? Please advise how far you'd like me to take this company and I'll do it. No shit. Obviously I can do it. I've got 2 more interviews in the works this week, should I tell them we're not interested?

@BM: Please let KenCode help you with these things, and do not alienate him.  We need as many competent business people as we can get helping us.   Compare how much better he is for this role than Brian Page was.  He has a much deeper understanding of Bitshares, a genuine passion for Bitshares, plenty of experience with startups, and he isnt even asking for a bunch of money.   Please consider working with him on the PR roadmap.  Please also consider officially naming him PR director.  (I dont think there even is someone in that role right now?)

@KenCode: Thank you for your passion for Bitshares.  When you add a delegate let me know, I will vote and also make a post trying to get you more support.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

julian1

bitassets 3.0 sounds like a code rewrite, which is almost always a bad idea.

The 'neutral blockchain' and realignment of risk and reward is the best news I've heard since dilution was announced.

Offline fuzzy

Finally got to listen to this.   +5% for the new approach.  Especially the removal/scaling back of dillution delegates, implementation of the referral system and incentives for companies to do the development.  Real companies with defined roles, leaders etc...

And if those companies turn against people like the ones we have today?  What is our recourse?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline GaltReport

Finally got to listen to this.   +5% for the new approach.  Especially the removal/scaling back of dillution delegates, implementation of the referral system and incentives for companies to do the development.  Real companies with defined roles, leaders etc...

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Here's the other one..
If you enjoyed Glengarry Glen Ross, you gotta love this clip "GET OFF YOUR ASS!"
(can ya tell i was a ceo for 16 years?)

A.B.C. = Always Be Closing

enjoy: https://youtu.be/izOIOvguncU
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
$50K alone doesn't attract top talent. But to give someone incentives to start their own profitable business on the blockchain? Sign me up.

+5%
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
"act as if you've got a 9 inch cock".

Reason #78 why women avoid cryptocurrency.
i disagree on that

if something like this keeps someone away, than he/she isn't really interested in cryptocurrency in the first place.

if someone would write "act as if you've got huge tits".  i doubt someone here would be offended enough to quit cryptocurrency

You're probably right jabbajabba ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ, but that wasn't my point.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
$50K alone doesn't attract top talent. But to give someone incentives to start their own profitable business on the blockchain? Sign me up.

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
It's just a quote from one of my favorite movies: https://youtu.be/oTFU9c9MrkE

"Selective presentation. Sure, deceptive somewhat, but then so is wearing a suit in order to impress someone." - @VitalikButerin

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
If anybody needs more than $50K per year, then their heart and mind are in the wrong place.
NOBODY needs more than $50K per year.

This may interest you and help adjust your figures ... http://www.pnas.org/content/107/38/16489.full

Offline JA

• View Profile
"act as if you've got a 9 inch cock".

Reason #78 why women avoid cryptocurrency.
i disagree on that

if something like this keeps someone away, than he/she isn't really interested in cryptocurrency in the first place.

if someone would write "act as if you've got huge tits".  i doubt someone here would be offended enough to quit cryptocurrency