Author Topic: How to regain confidence?  (Read 12291 times)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
I have a feeling. Many communities use the dicentralised tech to do centralised service.  There are some team outside the crypo world doing decentralised service use centralised tech.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
hahahaha.good find.
"bitshares is good.merge is good.and i will sell to you.."-bitmeat

I got out at 2500 and 4000 too not just 8000, and mostly because I wanted to get into things like Ethereum, StorJ, etc. Recently I got in at 4000 and 3000, I'm a small fish compared to the volume you see, at this point I'd rather let it die than sell. But whatever.

lzr1900

要不是因为合并和增发,也不至于这时候墙倒众人推,自作孽不可活,倒霉的是我们这些看好bts的人。fuck merger,fuck dilution!

Why are you guys so shortsighted? It's not "dilution" - it's encouraging development. Would you prefer to have no dilution and no development at all?

If so - no one is stopping you to do a fork and use an old version of BTSX and never expect any improvements.

EXACTLY.

BitMeat thought dilution was so good. He sold at 8000 satoshis and let you pay for it    :)

I envy the 1280 buyer.  He will always be able to say he bought the cheapest BTS ever.

I actually got the cheapest BTS ever right when it went live. at 1251 I think on BTER. then I got out around 8000. Now I had some re-entry points that got hit cost avg 1550 I think. Can't complain.
hahahaha.good find.
"bitshares is good.merge is good.and i will sell to you.."-bitmeat

Offline fuzzy

Why are you guys so shortsighted? It's not "dilution" - it's encouraging development. Would you prefer to have no dilution and no development at all?

If so - no one is stopping you to do a fork and use an old version of BTSX and never expect any improvements.

EXACTLY.

It IS dilution. It's useless, because developers are hugely underpaid.

I wish someone could just recreate BTSX and let the market prove that it is a better DAC.

There is always PTS 2.0.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

EXACTLY.

BitMeat thought dilution was so good. He sold at 8000 satoshis and let you pay for it    :)

I envy the 1280 buyer.  He will always be able to say he bought the cheapest BTS ever.

I actually got the cheapest BTS ever right when it went live. at 1251 I think on BTER. then I got out around 8000. Now I had some re-entry points that got hit cost avg 1550 I think. Can't complain.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

EXACTLY.

It IS dilution. It's useless, because developers are hugely underpaid.

I wish someone could just recreate BTSX and let the market prove that it is a better DAC.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

EXACTLY.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
IMO bear market trend keeps continue until Chinese stock market bubble pops.
It's not a matter of our fault, but a matter about the nature of the hot money.

We have high dependency on China. What we can do now is move our center of gravity from China to all around the world.

First step is a fine exchange / gateway that can handle lots of volume .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Empirical, what is hilarious about that is, Rune the big supporter of that is gone.

Just hilarious not logical. Rune is Rune, Bitshares are Bitshares, and Ethereum is Ethereum.
It's Rune's personal decision.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
IMO bear market trend keeps continue until Chinese stock market bubble pops.
It's not a matter of our fault, but a matter about the nature of the hot money.

We have high dependency on China. What we can do now is move our center of gravity from China to all around the world.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline vlight

• View Profile
Empirical, what is hilarious about that is, Rune the big supporter of that is gone.

haha, this

i'm starting to think that this was inside job to suck money out of investors, lol

Offline vlight

• View Profile

It was very hard to be against the merger as it was basically that or VOTE

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,10118.msg132097.html#msg132097

VOTE, DNS - are useless things that distract from the real success that was BitSharesX. Now we know that BTSX would have been still more successful than a shitty vote dac that bytemaster was supposed to work for.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I feel dilution was a mistake even cannibalising a successful no dilution DAC and starting with a high CAP it's been unsuccessful at creating more network effect/attracting more users than it took away. MineBitShares does seem to be showing some positive numbers but I'm still not a fan.

It's very hard to close Pandora's box though, (because you set precedent) which is the problem I always had with dilution.

At the same time, I really think a good BitAsset can attract the masses regardless of the vehicle given the climate we're entering atm. I'll personally buy if BitAssets 3.0 and moonstone work well regardless of the merger and dilution. Though I feel those should be addressed.

Dude, i wish there was more resistance to the merger at that time.

It's now obvious that the experiment with the merger and dilution is a failure. Anyone who still doubt that just look at the price and don't fool yourself. How much more you have to lose until you realize this is going nowhere?

It was very hard to be against the merger as it was basically that or VOTE

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,10118.msg132097.html#msg132097

Edit: Though I did try

At this point there is no reason to continue this discussion. If you can't understand the competitive advantages that decentralized fundraising gives us, then you should just sell, because it is not changing back in the short or medium term. It's unfair and almost tyrannical, yes, but it is for the best, and if you've trusted bytemaster before then you should also trust him this last time.

On the bright side, this will most definitely be the very last time a centralized choice about the future of the DAC is ever made. From now on, there will be no authority but stakeholders. Should a majority decide to remove dilution in the future when the market cap is huge, it will happen as soon as they say the word (however by then the massive advantages of dilution will be obvious to everyone).

Also I'm tired of the BS argument that a DAC supposedly needs to be deflationary before it can be profitable. That's just complete BS. Buy low sell high due to mass adoption is infinitely more profitable than tiny, utterly insignificant transaction fees burned by the system in a tiny userbase of true believers that have misunderstood austrian economics. Adoption and thus profit comes from innovation and marketing, not circlejerking about deflation.

Please don't tell people there is no point continuing discussions. These are people going to a lot of effort to try think of ways to improve BTS. He is also a loyal early adopter. He also paid 500 BTSX for this translation. I value what he has to say.

I'm just giving my honest advice. There is no way it will change and for their own sake they should rather sell than cling on and try to change it at this point.

Nothing is inevitable.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x5m1A7zoIcc

Even if it doesn't change, if it doesn't work, I find in general developing talent tends to be weak on behavioural analysis so these kind of discussions help people understand where they might have gone wrong in retrospect and make better decisions for the future.

I think they are working on big things for summer though. I also think an easy to use liquid BitAsset could be successful regardless of the vehicle. Also there is still not a big gap in $ terms between number 4 & 10 on CMC.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:55:53 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline vlight

• View Profile
I feel dilution was a mistake even cannibalising a successful no dilution DAC and starting with a high CAP it's been unsuccessful at creating more network effect/attracting more users than it took away. MineBitShares does seem to be showing some positive numbers but I'm still not a fan.

It's very hard to close Pandora's box though, (because you set precedent) which is the problem I always had with dilution.

At the same time, I really think a good BitAsset can attract the masses regardless of the vehicle given the climate we're entering atm. I'll personally buy if BitAssets 3.0 and moonstone work well regardless of the merger and dilution. Though I feel those should be addressed.

Dude, i wish there was more resistance to the merger at that time.

It's now obvious that the experiment with the merger and dilution is a failure. Anyone who still doubt that just look at the price and don't fool yourself. How much more you have to lose until you realize this is going nowhere?