Author Topic: Meatware v0.1.1  (Read 998 times)

Offline fuzzy

Hi community :-).

Just chiming in with some thoughts as to how things are going. 

First, I would like to suggest that some re-framing is in order. Along these dimensions.

1. The bitcoin ecosystem.
bitcoin has been around for a while, it's ideas disseminated, it's value sustained. Meaning I believe that the space in which bitcoin tech inhabits is now less frontier, and more utilitarian.  Meaning for Bit-shares is that something that works needs to be delivered in order to stay relevant in the space.  Further, it needs to work for something in the world that is a tangible problem.  Ripple is leading the pack on this, which is why it has sustained no.2 market status.  Both Bitcoin and Ripple cast large shadows in terms of what markets are out there that Bit-shares could easily take dominance in.

2. Survival
This is dangerous territory.  What bit-shares does while in danger, needs to be correct, else it will be devoured.  These decisions about who will develop it, what it should do and how, how much of itself can it print, are all vital now. It would not take much to trip it up 

3.Timeline
Along with the change in the bitcoin ecosystem, the manic nature and the absurd rate of change are both diminished now.  It is now possible to make a reasonable long-termed plan, based on information that has reasonable odds of staying true.

4. How to invest.
It seems to me that the a lot of help is needed on solving Bit-share's essential problems, vs having people hold it's tokens.

Second, I would like to introduce an Idea.  Meat-ware so to speak.

What if it was Just acknowledged that Bit-shares was more of a human-computational hybrid, and that emphasis needs to be put on how to run as a business is run?  The Bit-shares service is a lot more like a regular company than other crypto-currencies.  With that, I believe, comes the necessity to adhere to a company-like architecture on the administrative side.  This might involve hiring some people for a diverse set of jobs.  Just organizing the talent, delegating the tasks, and incentivising the people that have been drawn to surround it, would do a lot for Bit-shares as a company, as a service, and as a protocol.

Things I like lately.

1 the Bit-shares chamber of commerce.

2. the idea of long-term vested interest as a form of payment.

3. the price support at 1/3¢

If you look through my posts on here you will find one where I say that  bitcoin will be like digital gold, Ripple will be the banking system and bitshares will be the business (and governance) infrastructure.  I still believe this to be true...though I hate to see something as centralized and downright f'ng evil as Ripple in the place I see it.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
Hi community :-).

Just chiming in with some thoughts as to how things are going. 

First, I would like to suggest that some re-framing is in order. Along these dimensions.

1. The bitcoin ecosystem.
bitcoin has been around for a while, it's ideas disseminated, it's value sustained. Meaning I believe that the space in which bitcoin tech inhabits is now less frontier, and more utilitarian.  Meaning for Bit-shares is that something that works needs to be delivered in order to stay relevant in the space.  Further, it needs to work for something in the world that is a tangible problem.  Ripple is leading the pack on this, which is why it has sustained no.2 market status.  Both Bitcoin and Ripple cast large shadows in terms of what markets are out there that Bit-shares could easily take dominance in.

2. Survival
This is dangerous territory.  What bit-shares does while in danger, needs to be correct, else it will be devoured.  These decisions about who will develop it, what it should do and how, how much of itself can it print, are all vital now. It would not take much to trip it up 

3.Timeline
Along with the change in the bitcoin ecosystem, the manic nature and the absurd rate of change are both diminished now.  It is now possible to make a reasonable long-termed plan, based on information that has reasonable odds of staying true.

4. How to invest.
It seems to me that the a lot of help is needed on solving Bit-share's essential problems, vs having people hold it's tokens.

Second, I would like to introduce an Idea.  Meat-ware so to speak.

What if it was Just acknowledged that Bit-shares was more of a human-computational hybrid, and that emphasis needs to be put on how to run as a business is run?  The Bit-shares service is a lot more like a regular company than other crypto-currencies.  With that, I believe, comes the necessity to adhere to a company-like architecture on the administrative side.  This might involve hiring some people for a diverse set of jobs.  Just organizing the talent, delegating the tasks, and incentivising the people that have been drawn to surround it, would do a lot for Bit-shares as a company, as a service, and as a protocol.

Things I like lately.

1 the Bit-shares chamber of commerce.

2. the idea of long-term vested interest as a form of payment.

3. the price support at 1/3¢