Author Topic: It could have been worse. A tale of hope for Bitshares.  (Read 3324 times)

TurkeyLeg

We're going up. ;)

Do not sell.  Do not sell even a single BTS back to the bears.  Let them taste the fear of missing out.  Let them suffer from knowing they sold the low.

When people are desperately saying please don't sell, its a sure sign that things are going to get worse.

Bitcoin is poised to jump off a cliff. There is no way BTS is going up now; it can easily drop another 60-70%

The idea is long term. "Do not sell" is not told in desperation to keep what little market cap we have right now. If Bitshares was judged only by its market cap, then Bitshares is laughable . Sure there will be whales that will dump right in our face as soon as we gain 10-20% in value. But with time Bitshares will demonstrate its resilience, and hodlers will become the norm. And at each rise the whales will have fewer shares to dump on the market. I might be wrong, we might even see Bitshares with a 3M$ market cap, we never know. But I'll still be there, with my stake untouched and I will still be buying with what little money I can spare.

+5% me too.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
We're going up. ;)

Do not sell.  Do not sell even a single BTS back to the bears.  Let them taste the fear of missing out.  Let them suffer from knowing they sold the low.

When people are desperately saying please don't sell, its a sure sign that things are going to get worse.

Bitcoin is poised to jump off a cliff. There is no way BTS is going up now; it can easily drop another 60-70%

The idea is long term. "Do not sell" is not told in desperation to keep what little market cap we have right now. If Bitshares was judged only by its market cap, then Bitshares is laughable . Sure there will be whales that will dump right in our face as soon as we gain 10-20% in value. But with time Bitshares will demonstrate its resilience, and hodlers will become the norm. And at each rise the whales will have fewer shares to dump on the market. I might be wrong, we might even see Bitshares with a 3M$ market cap, we never know. But I'll still be there, with my stake untouched and I will still be buying with what little money I can spare.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
 +5% Ander

How can we seem to forget what will happen when the $ finally folds or when the first gold/silver backed currency is launched or any of a multitude of other monumental economic shifts occur. Where do you think all the remaining capital will go?  Crypto in general, which means Bitshares, is poised for a monumental influx of capital.  Those who do their due diligence will find projects like Bitshares as they are few in number.  BitGold and BitSilver will be the soothing balm on a global scorched earth.

lzr1900

We're going up. ;)

+5% +5% +5% +5%

sumantso

We're going up. ;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
We're going up. ;)

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

jakub

Which situation looks more healthy?
- the price stops falling because the existing BTS holders buy even more
- the price drops a bit further but then stops falling because finally the marketing team has a product that is useable and new users start buying into BTS

Supporting moonstone instead of BTS directly can indeed push the price down further. But does it really matter if we are 95% underwater or 110%? For me it does not. And neither does the 15% bonus offered by moonstone. For me it's more like a strategic decision and the only criterion is this: what do I think is most needed for BitShares at this moment to increase the adoption?

Therefore I see it this way: first the adoption and then the price will follow, not the other way round.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% .. can you guys stop pumping the price .. pls :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Go buy some freaking Bitshares. 
Don’t dink around and waste time, just go buy some freaking Bitshares.

EXACTLY! +5% +5% +5%

I read every word of this one, nice job Ander!!!!!! :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
 +5%

Yes, all the way.

I've gone back to hustling for that fiat USD just so I can buy more bts, average down... and put food on the table. ;)

thanks for the 10,000 foot view Ander

Just buy some freaking BTS!

jakub

Don’t go send your money to moonstone and think “Hey, hopefully in 5 years I’ll get 10% bonus extra BTS!"

But if the price does stop falling.. moonstone might be the main reason for that.
I admit that moonstone crowdfunding has created quite a dilemma. I would say this:
  • if you believe the current wallet is the main bottle-neck blocking BitShares success - then support BTS via moonstone.
  • if you believe other factors matter more than the quality of the GUI - then ignore moonstone and buy BTS directly.
For me the user experience of the current wallet is a nightmare so I choose to go the moonstone way.
If their new wallet works smoothly as the mockups suggest then they've done an amazing job and their new wallet might open a new era for BitShares and finally stop the price from falling.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:51:44 pm by jakub »

Offline testz

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Nxt, Doge, and BTS all have ATH's around $90 million market cap, and all three are trading between $8 - $9 million cap today. At least we're not alone.  :P

A turnaround can happen in the snap of the fingers. Best to be well-prepared and HODLing when that time comes.  :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
btw, for the first time in years I bought Bitcoin for FIAT to buy bitshares. very inspirational post :)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Still cheap regardless of any pump!  +5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop