Author Topic: How long until I can use a BitShares mobile client to replace whatsapp?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The market is far from saturated.  Once we have solid light wallets, I think end to end encrypted messaging using chain registered names for key distribution would be a great add on feature.
agreed.

also, from what I can recall, @vikram removed all mail_* commands from the current implementation due to reliability. I think they will add it once 1.0 is out and stable.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
The market is far from saturated.  Once we have solid light wallets, I think end to end encrypted messaging using chain registered names for key distribution would be a great add on feature.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
there are a lot of encrypted messaging apps on the market already. NXTTY comes to mind. even whatsapp is working on their end-to-end encryption. the market is saturated in my opinion.

I don't trust a centralized company to encrypt my messages who promises not to give anyone else the decryption keys.
If I send my messages on the BitShares blockchain then I feel safer knowing that if someone can decrypt my messages without my consent then they can also steal from every BitShares account. (They'd have to crack my private key, right?) I think BitShares is going somewhere and once there are large sums of money moving around the DAC there are going to be a lot of people motivated to prevent that from happening.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Keyhotee is no longer in development

Yes thats what I was saying. The mail branch of BitShares now has mail features in it (I think).

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
there are a lot of encrypted messaging apps on the market already. NXTTY comes to mind. even whatsapp is working on their end-to-end encryption. the market is saturated in my opinion.

Great question.

My guess is that the "mail" branch of BitShares is where what would have gone into Keyhotee is now going into BitShares. Anyone know if thats true?

Keyhotee is no longer in development

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Great question.

My guess is that the "mail" branch of BitShares is where what would have gone into Keyhotee is now going into BitShares. Anyone know if thats true?

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
BitShares allows anonymous(?) encrypted messages to be sent between users.
Is somebody developing a lightweight mobile wallet to handle messaging?
I would happily pay the transaction fee to send encrypted messages in a similar fashion to whatsapp

The kind of one-stop-shop of messaging, cash and investments BitShares can provide is a killer feature and I'm particularly looking forward to a messaging app that is simple enough to use to recommend to my technophobe friends.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM