Author Topic: [ANN] MMCPool.com - GPU,CPU(yam) - The Awesomest Pool!  (Read 194068 times)

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
I am working on more different AVs for MMC now, so probably it will be possible to get better balance then...

But as said, CPU really squeezed out by av=1, as well as by av=3.
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
My CPU cooler isn't that great but I underclocked my I2500K to 75% and disabled turbo. The voltage is about 1.1V.
Note: My CPU Sizzles over 75C.
Now I'm grabbing 5.8H/m @ 2.5GHz (x25), av=1. **CORRECTION av=3 (40% more)

MMC2miner was running at 1.6H/m @ 3.3GHz.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:50:22 am by Delinquency »

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
yam miner is really stressing CPU and memory when maxed out. It is causing many OCed systems to overheat more than while running IntelButrTest in top aggressive mode.

If you are running Linux or Windows with HugePages, it is adjusting memory (DTLB) layout to better fit mem access patterns of MMC, so HPM will climb, but temperatures will climb as well.

Can you check the memory usage of the miner? It shall be mem leak-free, but who knows - maybe I overlooked something.

yvg1900

Offline goin2mars

• View Profile
Thank you very much yvg1900 for releasing this publicly. I am getting a 3x increase and that is fantastic. I've got a question though. As I run your miner, my hashes will start at a certain number and then climb continuously until my system becomes unstable and my graphics cards drop out and I need to restart the computer. My CPU temps start out low and climb and climb as well.

My setup is a 4820k, overclocked to 4.5G Ivy Bridge. I'm running 5 threads atm after starting with 7 then crashing, and then 6 followed by eventual crashing. It appears as if 5 threads is going to do this as well as my hashes climb. I started at about 9.6 and now it's well above 9.9. My temps started in the high EDIT:60's (Not 70's) (c) and are now beginning to pass 80c.

Any idea what would cause this?

Sorry if anyone's asked this before, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread.

EDIT: I found out that it's just maxing out the cooling capabilities of my heatsink. Looks like I'll have to get rid of the overclock or go to water cooling to feel comfortable running this at more than 4 threads, I've got a fairly capable heatsink on there. 5 threads is right on the limit - my fan is maxed out and the cpu rests at about 82-83c. Anything more than that it just gets too hot and leads to instability. It is interesting to see that I gain ~10% more hashes by pushing the cpu into higher temperatures.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:00:09 pm by goin2mars »

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
I've been doing some analysis and tweaking this morning.

Test machine and i7 3770 with 8GB

This has 4 real cores and uses hyperthreading for 8 virtual cores.

I'm finding that most of the performance (~85%) is achievable with only 4 threads - assuming those threads are maxing out the AES-NI instructions.

Mining with the other 4 threads is not efficient - it's better to use those to mine another CPU coin that doesn't require AES-NI - ProtoShares or Primecoin are good candidates.

I've just tested ProtoShares, it does impact the MemoryCoin HPM, probably because of contention for memory.

Total figures I'm seeing on the i7 3770 - 8GB

MMC - 5.2HPM 
plus
PTS -  115CPM

This is in contrast to just running MMC exclusively - which gives about 9HPM
Might see less impact on MMC mining if using the remaining cores to mine a non-memory intensive CPU coin like Prime.

Okay - tested a Prime miner - using the non AVX version gives better results, so I'm thinking the contention is not for memory, but instruction set - Here's the figures

MMC - 6.2 HPM
plus
XPM - 14,000 PPS

- This might be a good combination of coins to mine on the same machine

The major point in such setups is algo variation used (configured via AV parameter).

av=1 maximizes TOTAL hpm for HyperThreading-enabled machines, so using av=1 setups is not efficient if you run 4 threads on 4-core mach with HT. For that setup there is av=3, which really maxes out AES-NI capabilities of the non-HT core.

Another issue is that you have to properly pin your process to logical CPUs, having in mind avoiding core sharing. This is non-trivial task, but can be accomplished with stock OS tools, too.

Multicoin CPU mining is actually initial design idea of yam, and this is exactly why I am combining coins in monolythic miner.

I am currently experimenting more algo variations, so probably we will have other possibilities as well.

yvg1900

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I've been doing some analysis and tweaking this morning.

Test machine and i7 3770 with 8GB

This has 4 real cores and uses hyperthreading for 8 virtual cores.

I'm finding that most of the performance (~85%) is achievable with only 4 threads - assuming those threads are maxing out the AES-NI instructions.

Mining with the other 4 threads is not efficient - it's better to use those to mine another CPU coin that doesn't require AES-NI - ProtoShares or Primecoin are good candidates.

I've just tested ProtoShares, it does impact the MemoryCoin HPM, probably because of contention for memory.

Total figures I'm seeing on the i7 3770 - 8GB

MMC - 5.2HPM 
plus
PTS -  115CPM

This is in contrast to just running MMC exclusively - which gives about 9HPM
Might see less impact on MMC mining if using the remaining cores to mine a non-memory intensive CPU coin like Prime.

Okay - tested a Prime miner - using the non AVX version gives better results, so I'm thinking the contention is not for memory, but instruction set - Here's the figures

MMC - 6.2 HPM
plus
XPM - 14,000 PPS

- This might be a good combination of coins to mine on the same machine

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:28:20 am by FreeTrade »
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline swader99

• View Profile
Hello,

I am new at this and trying to run yvg1900's miner on a Mac Book Pro

yam.cfg:
threads = 0
mining-params = mmc:av=1&aesni=on   
mine = getwork://MFfu4Hkknrxfcf2CvhknVsE12WX7AhgBt5@work.mmcpool.com:8883/mmc
#proxy = socks4a://127.0.0.1:9150
compact-stats = 1
print-timestamps = 1

Command being run:
./yam --config yam.mmc.cfg

Output:
Miner version: yam M7j-macos64-ivy-bridge/yvg1900
Warning: Huge Pages not available in MacOS X version, performance may be lower than on Linux and Windows versions
Abort trap: 6

Any ideas?

Offline wilbair

• View Profile

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
Also ensure that either yam-mmc.cfg located in the same directory as yam executable, or you specified reachable path to it in --config parameter.

Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter to get updates on performance mining software

Offline wilbair

• View Profile
I could use some help.

I am following the alt mining coin business for a few weeks now and mined quarks and Yacoin. But for the long run i want to start with memorycoin now the new CPU miner is more powerfull. Thank you for that yvg1900!!

But i doesnt get the miner to start. Maybe iam doing something wrong on the command line. I keep getting the messages that  I need to specify at least one --mine parameter.[
After is specify the folder in the commandline i type this: yam --config yam.cfg

C:\Users\Wilbertk\Downloads\yam-yvg1900-M7j-win64-haswell\yam-yvg1900-M7j-win64-
haswell\win64-haswell>yam --config yam.cfg
YAM - Yet Another Miner by yvg1900
yam M7j-win64-haswell/yvg1900
* Supported coins: PTS                            *
* Author: yvg1900 (Twitter @yvg1900)              *
* XPT protocol: jh (http://ypool.net)             *
* Addresses for Thanks and Donations:             *
*   PTS: PZxsEQoiMeB6tHcW2ZySBEiCPio1WkxbEL       *
*   XPM: AW2388DEWNEfMH4rP9kcj9yKcMq1QywYT4       *
*   DTC: D6PmUogMigWvXurgFTqm5VLxQeVpXdYQj3       *
*   MMC: MVk7PuJCa9o6qTYeiQRJDd3uHxKXMrQuU6       *
*   LTC: Lby4YjhcAxhmbsdHFb4nYydrwGoiJezZt1       *
*   BTC: 1FxekeK5La7AuF3oxiLzPKnjXyLMrux6VT       *
*   NMC: N9KXqmzEqP7gB2dGHpEZiRMgFjUHNM38FR       *
Miner version: yam M7j-win64-haswell/yvg1900
Error: At least one mining target shall be defined with --mine parameter

Which mistake does i make?

Offline chida

• View Profile
For me is necessary port parameter for gpu miner because cpu works only on 80 port and not on 8880
BTC: 12A5tZgivCa7BVF4YbQdtSedFzanpCbupb
MMC: MBayoLj9WEWTsCk8n45G37tDSSJP2Dd9k5
PTS: PiVUjNkwk6VKrKWCMtA7NkqFhfkqR5pnCS

Offline wnan2008

• View Profile
e3 1230V3 always crashes with 7 threads 8GB ram
anyone knows why

Offline sandor111

• View Profile
yvg1900, please optimize the miner for L5639 xeon CPU, currently it's mining performance seems to be maxed out at 12 threads.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
badbonez - I had that issue when using machine with 8GB of ram but 24 cores.

Currently, this miner requires 1GB of RAM per thread. So what I ended up doing was using
6 threads - which uses 6GB, and then use another miner that only uses 1GB for the other 18 threads.

I see now I have a similar situation.  How do you tell the miner to use 1GB for the other 18 threads?

I used a different optimized miner in the other thread. Alternatively I would suggest if you can get more RAM - try on one machine and see how much it improves.

After all it's MEMORY coin :) It should benefit it! :)

According to my cloud server specs (cat /proc/meminfo and cat/proc/cpuinfo) I have 24 threads and 24GB RAM.  But it does not work if I specify 24 threads, I can only get 12 threads to work.  If I try to run another instance with 12 or fewer threads, it just slows down the entire process, so that I still only get about 11hpm.

I have posted detailed specs here:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1630.msg28357#msg28357

Any ideas?
Hyperthreading does not play well with AES-NI.

Offline badbonez

• View Profile
badbonez - I had that issue when using machine with 8GB of ram but 24 cores.

Currently, this miner requires 1GB of RAM per thread. So what I ended up doing was using
6 threads - which uses 6GB, and then use another miner that only uses 1GB for the other 18 threads.

I see now I have a similar situation.  How do you tell the miner to use 1GB for the other 18 threads?

I used a different optimized miner in the other thread. Alternatively I would suggest if you can get more RAM - try on one machine and see how much it improves.

After all it's MEMORY coin :) It should benefit it! :)

According to my cloud server specs (cat /proc/meminfo and cat/proc/cpuinfo) I have 24 threads and 24GB RAM.  But it does not work if I specify 24 threads, I can only get 12 threads to work.  If I try to run another instance with 12 or fewer threads, it just slows down the entire process, so that I still only get about 11hpm.

I have posted detailed specs here:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1630.msg28357#msg28357

Any ideas?
MMC: MQ4EA85nnZwytrcqx9rJSpDWVTSXaxfqmc