Author Topic: Announcing BitShares AGS & BitShares X Allocation  (Read 97582 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Part of the answer is :

We are in the process of auditing payments, but the number of people that submitted the form and were assigned a PTS or BTC address is about 650.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1615.msg17768#msg17768

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)

Merry Christmas Keyhotee Founders!!
The first 10,000 AngelShares are set-aside proportionally for Keyhotee Founders.  Invictus Innovations shareholders are not eligible.  Donations to Keyhotee after Dec 24, 2013 at Midnight GMT don't count.
[/center]

Jan 1st, 2014 shall include all transactions sent to the Angel addresses in 2013.

Please can you elaborate on this.. Have the Angelshares for Keyhotee founders already been allocated based on Keyhotee ID contributions before dec 24th?

Nice gesture for early adopters who donated :)

Yes, what was the total number of founder IDs claimed, and how many PTS was raised in this way?
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline Number 1

• View Profile

Merry Christmas Keyhotee Founders!!
The first 10,000 AngelShares are set-aside proportionally for Keyhotee Founders.  Invictus Innovations shareholders are not eligible.  Donations to Keyhotee after Dec 24, 2013 at Midnight GMT don't count.
[/center]

Jan 1st, 2014 shall include all transactions sent to the Angel addresses in 2013.

Please can you elaborate on this.. Have the Angelshares for Keyhotee founders already been allocated based on Keyhotee ID contributions before dec 24th?

Nice gesture for early adopters who donated :)
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
UNRELATED TANGENT

Anyone have any idea how one of these transactions has only 4 confirmations while the ones after it have more than 10? It it just a blockchain.info bug?
https://blockchain.info/address/1ANGELwQwWxMmbdaSWhWLqBEtPTkWb8uDc
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
So it might just be better to dollar cost average the total amount you want to invest? Say I have $10,000. I spend half on bitcoins, half on pts then send in 1/200th bitcoin and pts in each day. Or is it better to send the entire amount in at once at go for the highest proportion sent in for that day.

I would suggest Invictus offers a service (for a small fee) to investors who would like to hand off a large amount of investment funds without having to try and micromanage daily investments.   Bytemaster, do you have any plans for how to address this issue?   If I for example wanted to invest 1000 PTS in angelshares, how could I efficiently do that without having to pay attention all the time to the address?  Seems like this is a method intended to service larger investors and yet it requires more hands-on management than Protoshares ever did.
That should be clearly stated because it would undermine the whole process if we did that.   

We will not recycle funds through the address.   

We need to find a way to address people we pay bounties to to reinvest without invictus being blamed.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
What happen if 3I  send pts to the address?
Am I understanding this correctly in that if one person sends 1 PTS to the Angelshares address and that is all the PTS sent in for THAT day, then they get all 5,000 Angelshares for that day? But if 5,000 people send in 1 PTS for that day, each gets 1 Angelshare?

Offline slacking

• View Profile
So it might just be better to dollar cost average the total amount you want to invest? Say I have $10,000. I spend half on bitcoins, half on pts then send in 1/200th bitcoin and pts in each day. Or is it better to send the entire amount in at once at go for the highest proportion sent in for that day.

Offline bytemaster

Am I understanding this correctly in that if one person sends 1 PTS to the Angelshares address and that is all the PTS sent in for THAT day, then they get all 5,000 Angelshares for that day? But if 5,000 people send in 1 PTS for that day, each gets 1 Angelshare?

Yes

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile

Yes, thats correct.   You bid a total amount of support, and at the end of the day the allocation is split between all donors proportionally.

Offline slacking

• View Profile

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile

That should be clearly stated because it would undermine the whole process if we did that.   

We need to find a way to address people we pay bounties to to reinvest without invictus being blamed.   

Why would a bounty recipient want to reinvest?  Performing the work is what the bounty compensates, and they're being compensated in PTS.

I really really really think focusing on retaining as much value internally as possible is a huge mistake you seem determined to make.

Why does an employee buy company stock?   Because they think it will be more valuable than keeping the cash they were paid. 

We are not keeping anything in the company but spending it all on development and promotion.   

Aren't you paying bounties in Protoshares?   That is already like stock, so this is like you paying for work with stock that is tradable and then trying to convince them to trade it for stock that is not tradable.  I really really don't understand why that's the area you hope to recapture investment.  You're so focused on trying to present what you think is a compelling offer you can't see it just looks petty.   It would be better if you kept some money for yourself since you are so obviously very concerned about letting out any more than absolutely necessary.

Why were hybrid solutions not acceptable?  Now you've committed 100% of Bitshares and went from having 90% unallocated to now 0% unallocated.    Do you really not see why this is dangerous moving into a fluid situation?

Offline bytemaster

Why would a bounty recipient want to reinvest?  Performing the work is what the bounty compensates, and they're being compensated in PTS.

I really really really think focusing on retaining as much value internally as possible is a huge mistake you seem determined to make.

Why does an employee buy company stock?   Because they think it will be more valuable than keeping the cash they were paid. 

We are not keeping anything in the company but spending it all on development and promotion.   

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
bytemaster, how many confirmations does each transaction need to have before each day's deadline? People may choose to denote in the last minute.

Also if you wanted to get the cheapest price, you should bid early to make it less worth for more people to donate.  The fewer people donate over the course of a day, the more likely a bunch of people are going to be waiting for the last minute all jumping in.  It would be better if they just bid when they became interested so people looking for opportunities don't spend time trying to snipe.

Offline bytemaster

Timestamp in block is all that matters even if the time stamp is off by 2 hrs.

Offline dacer

• View Profile
bytemaster, how many confirmations does each transaction need to have before each day's deadline? People may choose to denote in the last minute.