Author Topic: Announcing BitShares AGS & BitShares X Allocation  (Read 97538 times)

sumantso

Lets say I have some BTC/PTS in my wallets. I send a portion of my BTC to the required address. The rest of the BTC goes to a new address generated in my wallet. So next time I send BTC those will be from a mixture of addresses. Will that cause a problem to claim the AngelShares?

Since we are close to the 2nd deadline to be over, can I find a list which shows how much of each was donated each day?

No problem with your wallet.  We assume all inputs to a transaction belong to the same person so assign the full balance to the first input address.   angelshares.info/beta is where you will eventually be able to get stats once the bounty is won for the Angel Share explorer.

What happens if it is entirely from the hidden address? Anyways, I just keep sending coins from my wallet without worrying about anything else, right?

I was asking for a manual list just for fun, to see what the ratios has been like.

Offline bytemaster

With respect to how this structure is beneficial for the 'little guy', you can view the design as forcing the major players to dollar cost average their investment rather than being able to buy it all up cheap on day one before anyone else can get in.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Lets say I have some BTC/PTS in my wallets. I send a portion of my BTC to the required address. The rest of the BTC goes to a new address generated in my wallet. So next time I send BTC those will be from a mixture of addresses. Will that cause a problem to claim the AngelShares?

Since we are close to the 2nd deadline to be over, can I find a list which shows how much of each was donated each day?

No problem with your wallet.  We assume all inputs to a transaction belong to the same person so assign the full balance to the first input address.   angelshares.info/beta is where you will eventually be able to get stats once the bounty is won for the Angel Share explorer.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

Offline Riverhead

3. You mentioned "wallet where you do not control the private key (web wallet, exchange, etc)
Does the wallet in BlockChain.info is such?
Can you refer the rest of us to how such 'qualified' wallet is being created.

There is the standard Bitcoin-qt client available from Bitcoin.org.  The client downloads a copy of the blockchain and maintains a wallet.dat file that contains a pool of public/private keys as well as a history of your transactions with those addresses and a few other items.  Since this client resides completely on your hardware you and only you (baring malware, viruses, etc.) control the private keys.  In a situation like Blockchain.info, exchanges, and other online services others may have access, control, or outright ownership of the private keys associated with the public addresses.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Hi All,
I am new to the Angel Shares and Bit Shares concept and trying to learn my way in. :)
I just read the "Announcing Angel Shares & BitShares Allocation"
I went to my BlockChain wallet and sent few bitcoins to the address that shows on the post.

I cant see that I got any Angel Shares back. Again - Sorry for the ignorance but if you help me understand I promise to help many others to do so as well.

Peace and freedom to all
Elena

Hi All,
I am new to the Angel Shares and Bit Shares concept and trying to learn my way in. :)
I went to my BlockChain wallet and sent few bitcoins to the address that shows on the post.

I cant see that I got any Angel Shares back. Again - Sorry for the ignorance but if you help me understand I promise to help many others to do so as well.

Peace and freedom to all
Elena

Elena,
   AngelShares are not transferrable and represent a donation into the DAC ecosystem.  The record of your donation is logged in the respective blockchains.  When a new DAC is launched, such as BitShares you will be able to import your Bitcoin/ProtoShares wallet and claim your BTS as a result of your donation.

The AngelShare system is setup to encourage dollar cost average investing that gives everyone an equal opportunity to get in. 

If you sent payment from a wallet where you do not control the private key (web wallet, exchange, etc) then the exchange will be given your AGS/BTS and I am afraid there is nothing we can do other than thank you for your contribution to the cause.

Dan 

Fortunately blockchain.info allows you to export your private keys, and they claim that everything is client-side, so you should be good. Try looking for a feature like "backup your wallet" or "export your private keys".
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Elena

• Elena, The CoinMaster :)
    • View Profile
Thank you Dan,
Let me go on asking, till you lose patient. Again, my business is to explain it farther so any clarification here goes long way.

1. You mentioned "When a new DAC is launched, such as BitShares"
Where can I see each and every new DAC please?

2. You mentioned "you will be able to import your Bitcoin/ProtoShares wallet and claim your BTS as a result of your donation."
Can you please explain or refer me to the right article to learn how such wallet is being created and how this "import" event is happening?

3. You mentioned "wallet where you do not control the private key (web wallet, exchange, etc)
Does the wallet in BlockChain.info is such?
Can you refer the rest of us to how such 'qualified' wallet is being created.

Thank you
Elena
Rep of the rest of us

Offline bytemaster

Hi All,

Peace and freedom to all
Elena

Elena,
   AngelShares are not transferrable and represent a donation into the DAC ecosystem.  The record of your donation is logged in the respective blockchains.  When a new DAC is launched, such as BitShares you will be able to import your Bitcoin/ProtoShares wallet and claim your BTS as a result of your donation.

The AngelShare system is setup to encourage dollar cost average investing that gives everyone an equal opportunity to get in. 

If you sent payment from a wallet where you do not control the private key (web wallet, exchange, etc) then the exchange will be given your AGS/BTS and I am afraid there is nothing we can do other than thank you for your contribution to the cause.

Dan 

Offline Elena

• Elena, The CoinMaster :)
    • View Profile
Hi All,

Peace and freedom to all
Elena

Offline bytemaster

Is there any term prohibiting  Invictus to invest in AGS with PTS mined by itself?

We apply the same rules to ourselves that we apply to everyone else.   Equal opportunity for all.    The only rule we have is that funds sent to an Angel address cannot be sent back to the Angel address (by us) and must be documented in our public spread sheet showing how the funds are spent.   In other words, our opportunity to profit from this project is EQUAL to everyone else's opportunity to profit and our sources of profit are the same as everyone else's.

All PTS that is sent to the Angel fund is spent into circulation.  If we send our mined/purchased PTS to the Angel address you will be able to see how we spend it and once we do so we will be unable to 'dump and run' without building BitShares and other DACs.  This is a very good thing for the community because we are reinvesting our 'profits in PTS' back into building the ecosystem rather than holding the PTS.

The major reason we can offer the bounties prior to fully funding AGS is because we know we will be investing 95% of our own PTS into the fund over time.

Invictus has "insider" information of when BitShares will be released and how it is going on, it puts the compnay in a much better position than outside investors.

Can you make Invictus AGS investment transparent by using a fixed Bitcoin/ProtoShares address?

Actually we don't have much insider information, 100% of code will be public and we will have a lot of public testing / reports.  Our current strategy is to invest evenly over the first 2-3 months.   However, we would like to maintain some privacy over our addresses for obvious reasons.   I think anyone can look at the code, the progress, the bug reports, and make an independent assessment of our delivery date because I know i am horrible at estimating these things.

Just to confirm one "day" start/end is in GMT?

+/- 2 hours due to blockchain timestamp accuracy.  Note: blocks may have time stamps out of order, so be careful trading the boundary because the miner gets to pick the timestamp.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
Is there any term prohibiting  Invictus to invest in AGS with PTS mined by itself?

We apply the same rules to ourselves that we apply to everyone else.   Equal opportunity for all.    The only rule we have is that funds sent to an Angel address cannot be sent back to the Angel address (by us) and must be documented in our public spread sheet showing how the funds are spent.   In other words, our opportunity to profit from this project is EQUAL to everyone else's opportunity to profit and our sources of profit are the same as everyone else's.

All PTS that is sent to the Angel fund is spent into circulation.  If we send our mined/purchased PTS to the Angel address you will be able to see how we spend it and once we do so we will be unable to 'dump and run' without building BitShares and other DACs.  This is a very good thing for the community because we are reinvesting our 'profits in PTS' back into building the ecosystem rather than holding the PTS.

The major reason we can offer the bounties prior to fully funding AGS is because we know we will be investing 95% of our own PTS into the fund over time.

Invictus has "insider" information of when BitShares will be released and how it is going on, it puts the compnay in a much better position than outside investors.

Can you make Invictus AGS investment transparent by using a fixed Bitcoin/ProtoShares address?

Actually we don't have much insider information, 100% of code will be public and we will have a lot of public testing / reports.  Our current strategy is to invest evenly over the first 2-3 months.   However, we would like to maintain some privacy over our addresses for obvious reasons.   I think anyone can look at the code, the progress, the bug reports, and make an independent assessment of our delivery date because I know i am horrible at estimating these things.

Just to confirm one "day" start/end is in GMT?

Offline dahongfei

• View Profile

Oh, I forgot it's opensource. Fair and square, and thanks for sharing your strategy :D

Offline bytemaster

Offline dahongfei

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Could you please explain 74 PTS spent from the angel address?
https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Addresses/PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw

Is it another coinplorer glitch or you have started spending it already and will count total received PTS for the auction purposes and not the final balance?

All use of Angel Funds is documented here:  https://docs.google.com/a/invictus-innovations.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqTwk-e7yzJydFZ3bVVWT0o1OUwzXzdESHFBY0FkUWc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Expect them to be used as fast as people earn their bountiful bounties and advance the BitShares ecosystem -- driving up value for everybody.

The only thing that matters for share award purposes is the permanent record of deposits which will be scanned at the genesis of each honorable DAC to give every Angel his/her shares in those DACs.

So shares will be awarded based on total amount received each day, not the balance at the end of the day.

Correct.