Author Topic: Announcing BitShares AGS & BitShares X Allocation  (Read 97530 times)

Offline Protoman

• View Profile
Ok one more thing. Is it safe to send 1PTS today from the PTS wallet and assume it will bring me more than 1 AGS?

I think that is probably a safe assumption, it has averaged about 2:1 for the first 3 days.

Wouldn't it be also safe to assume that with time, there will be less and less PTS sent into the AGS blockchain?, meaning - in weeks (or until the AGS "promo" is available) there will be less PTS sent daily on average than right now when the interest is high and fresh.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:15:21 pm by Protoman »

Offline bytemaster

Ok one more thing. Is it safe to send 1PTS today from the PTS wallet and assume it will bring me more than 1 AGS?

I think that is probably a safe assumption, it has averaged about 2:1 for the first 3 days.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Protoman

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

What happens if I send BTC from Bitstamp? How do I get the AGS then?

You must control the private keys to receive AGS.  If you send from BitStamp you will not control your keys.

Same goes for Blockchain Wallet? Do I need to send it from Bitcoin QT then as an only option?

I believe Blockchain.info gives you a way to download your private keys.  I will pay a 1 PTS bounty for someone to post instructions on how to get your AGS from blockchain.info wallets.  You can use any wallet that runs locally.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Protoman

• View Profile

You must control the private keys to receive AGS.  If you send from BitStamp you will not control your keys.

Same goes for Blockchain Wallet? Do I need to send it from Bitcoin QT then as an only option?

Offline bytemaster

Offline Protoman

• View Profile

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
Ah, I've realised why the PTS price might be suppressed by the AGS allocation.

To get AGS you either need to contribute to the PTS or BTC fund.

But most Bitshares believers will already have made their max $ bitshare allocation into PTS.
But when they see that the BTC to AGS address is more lucrative than PTS to AGS they willl want to put BTC into there. However they've already invested their max $ into PTS, so the only way for them to unlock/offset funds for the BTC to AGS address is to sell PTS.

So the BTC to AGS address may inadvertantly create some selling pressure on PTS (by Bitshares believers) that is hard to offset with new demand in the quiet New Year week.

Is BTC to AGS address really more lucrative than PTS to AGS? Take Jan 1st, 2014 for example, there are 61.86 BTC totally to AGS and 2269.99 PTS totally to AGS, the price should be 1/61.86*5000 AGS/BTC=80.82 AGS/BTC, 1/2269.99*5000 AGS/PTS = 2.2 AGS/PTS alternatively. 1 PTS = 0.025 BTC on Jan 1st, 2014, rewrite the AGS/PTS price here, 2.2 AGS/PTS = 2.2/0.025 AGS/BTC = 88 AGS/BTC!!!

What do you really think???

What do I really think? (Well only because you asked the question in such unnecessary big red letters with three question marks.)

I think maybe you're not very smart???

Firstly: Day 1 was closer than you suggest. (PTS was 0.027 not 0.025)

& I think yesterday you will find that BTC to AGS was more favourable than PTS to AGS, which may inspire PTS to BTC selling today.

Secondly: The end of day prices you are using, don't show how the process I am suggesting played out. (Think of the addresses like balancing weight scales, if one gets too full early in the day, people may start putting there funds into the other address to even it out...)

Anyway the point is it's not a bad thing if my idea is partly correct,  because, once the general crypto market gets busier next week, the trend will probably reverse. (Especially when some form of Keyhotee is released, because even though it's not related to Bitshares it inspires confidence in the team behind Bitshares.)

So all it means imo is that this is a GREAT week to buy both PTS &/or AGS  because both are potentially much cheaper than they will be next week.

Forget about the three question marks, it is just a habit, no sense at all. Anyway, I can't agree more, this week is a GREAT week to buy PTS &/ AGS!!!
Accept BTC/XCP/MSC: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk
PTS: PtPXhrP5jk8BPH5fFcPnBgNSrfmJ6DCFcW
PPC: PRT95iQEKUzJSb2XsPjLgdbyoSyKiDmyb9

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

But most Bitshares believers will already have made their max $ bitshare allocation into PTS.
But when they see that the BTC to AGS address is more lucrative than PTS to AGS they willl want to put BTC into there. However they've already invested their max $ into PTS, so the only way for them to unlock/offset funds for the BTC to AGS address is to sell PTS.

So the BTC to AGS address may inadvertantly create some selling pressure on PTS (by Bitshares believers) that is hard to offset with new demand in the quiet New Year week.

Is BTC to AGS address really more lucrative than PTS to AGS? Take Jan 1st, 2014 for example, there are 61.86 BTC totally to AGS and 2269.99 PTS totally to AGS, the price should be 1/61.86*5000 AGS/BTC=80.82 AGS/BTC, 1/2269.99*5000 AGS/PTS = 2.2 AGS/PTS alternatively. 1 PTS = 0.025 BTC on Jan 1st, 2014, rewrite the AGS/PTS price here, 2.2 AGS/PTS = 2.2/0.025 AGS/BTC = 88 AGS/BTC!!!

What do I really think? (Well only because you asked the question in such unnecessary big red letters with three question marks.)

I think maybe you're not very smart???

Firstly: Day 1 was closer than you suggest. (PTS was 0.027 not 0.025)

& I think yesterday you will find that BTC to AGS was more favourable than PTS to AGS, which may inspire PTS to BTC selling today.

Secondly: The end of day prices you are using, don't show how the process I am suggesting played out. (Think of the addresses like balancing weight scales, if one gets too full early in the day, people may start putting there funds into the other address to even it out...)

Anyway the point is it's not a bad thing if my idea is partly correct,  because, once the general crypto market gets busier next week, the trend will probably reverse. (Especially when some form of Keyhotee is released, because even though it's not related to Bitshares it inspires confidence in the team behind Bitshares.)

So all it means imo is that this is a GREAT week to buy both PTS &/or AGS  because both are potentially much cheaper than they will be next week.

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile
Play the game to maximize your stake in the genesis of all upcoming DACs.
Everything else is just noise.

:)

I can't agree more. And people should know what they are investing for, and what the maximum profit they would get.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Play the game to maximize your stake in the genesis of all upcoming DACs.
Everything else is just noise.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline 520Bit

• View Profile

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
And every btc investment increases pts value by having more "real" capital behind things. 

The market will do the right thing

The market will do the right thing eventually, but there's always an opportunity to profit when it doesn't do the right thing quickly.
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline bytemaster

And every btc investment increases pts value by having more "real" capital behind things. 

The market will do the right thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline phoenix

• View Profile

This is a very good observation. A lot of people just want to invest with PTS directly, instead of having to wait for an exchange. The result is that it's more profitable to invest in angelshares via Bitcoin than PTS.
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28