Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278210 times)

Offline bytemaster

I would like to know what Dan was reeferring to in the last mumble when he said that he would wait until next week until he begins revealing what his first proposals as a contractor are going to be.  I want to see if his strategic direction is in line with Russ and I's ideas that we have been discussing following our mega percentage stake increase in this cute little microcap corporation.  I hope that your plans for the future are just as ambitious as your dream that got us here young Jedi.

We will be watching your progress, and voting exclusively for dev projects that only serve in Russ and I's personal financial interests.  In the meantime, go ahead and start pitching the ideas for future development, so we can begin discussing our options.  Sophisticated investors like ourselves always have our eyes on the future, so it behooves you to begin singing for your lunch son.

You said on your last mumble that you were the most sacred when the share price was at its low.  Sleep easier knowing that investors like Russ and I have your back next time the shit goes down.

Peace, brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=857XqOoMm8c#t=44s

Right Russ?   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBpqOdF3i0#t=1m44s

Russ?....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4utHn-iUvoI

how about this....eco-crypto-economics

cryptonomix?

Pass the shrooms Dan.

Proposals will be:

1) Options Market
2) Escrow / Payment Channels (off-chain micro payments combined with arbitration)
3) Scripting Engine

For starters...

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I would like to know what Dan was reeferring to in the last mumble when he said that he would wait until next week until he begins revealing what his first proposals as a contractor are going to be.  I want to see if his strategic direction is in line with Russ and I's ideas that we have been discussing following our mega percentage stake increase in this cute little microcap corporation.  I hope that your plans for the future are just as ambitious as your dream that got us here young Jedi.

We will be watching your progress, and voting exclusively for dev projects that only serve in Russ and I's personal financial interests.  In the meantime, go ahead and start pitching the ideas for future development, so we can begin discussing our options.  Sophisticated investors like ourselves always have our eyes on the future, so it behooves you to begin singing for your lunch son.

You said on your last mumble that you were the most sacred when the share price was at its low.  Sleep easier knowing that investors like Russ and I have your back next time the shit goes down.

Peace, brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=857XqOoMm8c#t=44s

Right Russ?   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBpqOdF3i0#t=1m44s

Russ?....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4utHn-iUvoI

how about this....eco-crypto-economics

cryptonomix?

Pass the shrooms Dan.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:09:03 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yes, Dan mentioned that would take place this summer during the switchover to 2.0.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
What criteria must be met before the dev team decides that they have enough community input in order to release the testbed code?  At what point will their be a "feature freeze"?  Will there be a preliminary announcement of when the feature freeze will take place?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Tuck Fheman

For the mumble Hangout:

2. Will it be possible to migrate anonymously? I.E. as Titan won't be there in Bitshares 2.0 will the migrated account be known as ACOUNTNAME-XY (jannnic) so that everyone could see how many funds I have just trough migrating?

This should help ...

4:26: bytemaster : We will recommend for ease of migration users transfer all funds to themselves for each asset.

5:29: bytemaster: You will be able to export the private keys from the existing wallet into the new wallet and have all of your stake. All assets and bitassets will be migrated along with all short positions.

5:56: bytemaster : This is a 1 to 1 upgrade, we expect less than 24 hrs downtime between the snapshot and launch of the new system. The collateral requirements and pricing for the bitassets should remain unchanged.

6:51: bytemaster : We'll be working with the exchanges to be sure they're ready to upgrade, so I don't believe it will be a problem. The reason to transfer the funds to yourself is to have everything under one key. In BTS 2.0, every balance record (or key) will be it's own account, so it's going to work much closer to how bitcoin works, where every key is it's own account, so you're balances will be directly tied to your account name. TITAN users, your balance will be tied to your name.

8:53: bytemaster: We've been talking the past several months about TITAN being phased out. There's a lot of reasons. Peformance and getting rid of false sense of property. Voting was revealing your account. You didn't have direct control of how your identy was leaked out. We decided to stop trying to automate privacy, and instead to give the user direct control. You can still create many accounts and make sure you never transfer funds between your account.

27:57: bytemaster : Yes there's going to be 100% migration, no reallocation of stake.

33:26: community : How do you see migration path of DPOS 1 to DPOS 2 in terms of roles?

33:35: bytemaster : All migration paths are documented on BitShares website. If you can't find an answer post a question on the forum. Short answer, every delegate who is 5% and below will be migrated as a Witness only. Any delegate over 5% will be migrated as a Witness and a Worker. And all initial delegate positions will be held by the developers until others are voted in. In the new system delegates have control over proposing changing transaction fees and blockchain parameters.

Offline jannnic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jannnic
For the mumble Hangout:

Will it be possible to migrate anonymously? I.E. as Titan won't be there in Bitshares 2.0 will the migrated account be known as ACOUNTNAME-XY (jannnic) so that everyone could see how many funds I have just trough migrating?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:36:36 am by jannnic »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Questions for BM ordered by importance:

1. You said that "BTS as collateral does create demand but is equal in opposite demand". What do you mean by ""is equal in opposite demand"?

2. What kind of customer are we targeting with the fee structure (20/4 cents)? Traders? Financial product consumers? Remittance and e-commerce?

3. Assume there is a wallet provider, a POS service provider and a merchant. Who gets the referral rewards of a customer's tx?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:18:23 pm by delulo »

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Will BM shift somewhat towards focusing on business development / consulting post 1.0?

+5% +5% +5%
..and if so, how exactly?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Will BM shift somewhat towards focusing on business development / consulting post 1.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline fuzzy

Questions below this point will be asked in NEXT week's hangout (12 JUN 2015)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Tuck Fheman

2. or we don't care about making any money on our our BTS investment (like old Tucky here)

I want BitShares to succeed and I/we can't help but profit when BitShares succeeds. But, I/we profit by helping bring a decentralized financial tool into existence for humanity to use. Eventually, I hope this tool will help loosen, if not end, the control of central banks on all of our lives. I hope this technology will eventually free us all from the current debt slave system and give each one of us ownership of our money and the freedom to do with it as we please without a third party watching every transaction (see the coming cashless society).

I want a lot more than that, but ... watchlist and all, so I'll leave it at that.

davidpbrown, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to offend you, just trying to make you laugh.

If we can't laugh at ourselves, it makes it harder to laugh at everyone else, and I really enjoy laughing at other people, so I make sure to carry a self-deprecating sense of humor everywhere I go.   :P

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

There is over 4000BTC in value being mined every day between bitcoin and all the alts, and we aim to capture 9% of that space in a short period with our plan and run it straight into BitShares.

You're aiming to capture ~10% of that market? Sounds pretty ambitious and I'm a little sceptic.  Att the moment, 3600 BTC are mined everyday (that's what I recall reading around, I would appreciate if someone would confirm this).

Also, only small miners will move into alt coin mining, if not, they wouldn't continue to mine bitcoin this far. Meaning I don't see a significant amount of people move from btc mining into alt mining, this situation can change however depending on btc price and mining difficulty.

That leaves us with 400 btc per day, which is already the ~10% you claim to achieve. That means you will make almost >90% of alt coin miners move into your pool? I want it to happen but I honestly don't see it happening. I know I'm doing a lot of assumptions but I just can't see where you took those numbers from.

Also, I know it's relative as I understand it's difficult to put a timespan on these things, but assuming everything goes well (you have the monetary support you need with your delegates, etc), for when do you predict this to happen?

Sure.. to clarify some points.. we are going to be supporting more algos including bitcoin. Large cloud mining operations wil point to various pools for profitability and distribution of difficulty control. Once we are established part of the plan is to seek out agreements with these operations to bring hash to our pool. They want to mine not just bitcoin but anyting else that will support more profitability... for example merge mining. That's where we will position ourselves. So long as we are reliable (bunker helloooo), consistent in our payouts, and of course profitable.. they will happily send their hash our way.

Smaller miners are mining everything they can that makes money. There is more agility in alts because they have often higher profitability at certain points than bitcoin. Same thing big or small though, be reliable, be consistent.. be transparent.. and be most of all profitable.. and they will point their hash our way. I personally know of a handful of small miners whos combined hash generate close to 80BTC a day who are willing to give our pool a try once its ready. There are still a fair number of 'small' miners. Would only take impressing those handful with what they see to make them talk to all the others.

That's all the push... then there is the pull.. we will buy up our own hashing power to boost our overall pool.. leasing, cloud mining, and maybe even some of our own hardware (gpu only.. nuts to buy any asic whatever today).

So to reach 9% would mean approaching close to 400btc a day. That's further along when we have a convergence of pool, exchange, and market. Nonetheless you can see it's quite reachable from a few vectors even earlier on in our pool only operation.

The prospect of mining REAL GOLD and REAL SILVER are going to capture a segment also that wants to move away from bitcoin and/or alts to get real assets. There are potentially new markets even who will see this as an opportunity and will want to buy hash power from us and/or perhaps one of our partner cloud mining sources to mine for real gold silver.

So am not just looking at the current market, but the new markets which we will create.

Hope that answered your questions.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+