Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278245 times)

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
They are still leading.  We see them working and proposing ideas every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
Cryptonomex needs to separate themselves from being seen as the head for bts to survive.

My opinion is that a distributed community/society *does need* leaders in order to survive and stay focused+competitive. It doesn't have to be the "official" head but a socially-recognised and unanimously-agreed-on leaders who help to lead and serve the community. And again I want to stress that we won't need dictators but capable and devoted leaders.

Dan and co. have been doing that job extremely well and I (and hopefully the community) wish that the team continues to and stays committed in playing these roles in bitshares ecosystem.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
Cryptonomex needs to separate themselves from being seen as the head for bts to survive.

merockstar

That's what they say they are planning.

okay. I can start breathing then. in that case I rephrase my question to: "how much of cryptonomex's revenue is going to distributed back to shareholders and is there a plan in place for how to proceed?"

also where did you see that, duck?

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
That's what they say they are planning.

merockstar

are cryptonomex shares going to be issued as a UIA on the BTS blockchain?

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Also, I was going to suggest another feature that would allow UIAs to elect their own delegates which could jointly control an account (like BTS elected delegates) and end up running child/side chains nested into the BitShares blockchain, but then I discovered this:)  I also love the references to SPV in that page. :)  :) Very excited for all the other things in store for 2.0 that haven't yet been discussed.

Quote from Github on electing UIA "candidates".
Holders of any asset should be allowed to vote for object ID's representing candidates. A delegate is a candidate, but we can define other candidate types as well. All we need in the candidate structure is a map<asset_id, vote_count>. If we're willing to restrict each candidate object to only being allowed to run in elections for a single asset, we'd effectively be restricting the map to contain at most a single entry, and thus could simply replace it with an asset_id and vote_count.

By removing restrictions on the voting system and leveraging the general architecture of the object graph, it will now be simple to implement voting on proposals.

In addition, as well as single-sig and multi-sig, we can now allow a new signature type for "the delegate(s) appointed by the owners of X", where X is any asset. This allows systems for distributed escrow and ultimately building of new DPOS chains with their own delegates as apps on our platform.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline fuzzy

Questions below this point will be asked in NEXT week's hangout (19JUN 2015)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline davidpbrown

@bubble789
and for those who suggest that couldn't happen.. it does appear to have occurred with CounterParty; though XCP and CounterParty may benefit in a big way, Symbiont appears to have adopted their core devs to support what might private blockchains for corporations.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
Would it happen that one day Cryptonomex (and bytemaster) stops contributing/putting up proposals to improve/working on bitshares?
I see a divergence of interest between bytemaster and bitshares here. It is true that bitshares is his brainchild, hence the expected emotional and financial commitments (up to the proportional amount of BTS held).

However, what if one day, NASDAQ approaches cryptonomex and wants to do an upgrade to their trade engine. Cryptonomex team and bytemaster will work on that and leave bitshares for good, because after all, after the switch over to 2.0 bitshares is a decentralised community without true leaders but shareholders. Bytemaster also stated clearly that cryptonomex - bitshares relationship will solely be a contractor one. A decentralised community is good but a leaderless one is not. **We need Dan, Stan, Vikram and the guys who have been leading (*NOT dictating*) the community all this while, to continue to do so. A contractor role imho is definitely insufficient. I want Dan to be the CEO (and major shareholder) of bitshares, not just another major shareholder.

I will stay in BTS, until the day bytemaster (or cryptonomex for that matter) stops being a contractor, definitely.

I would love to hear the man (Dan) opinions on my concern about the commitment issue I am seeing and whether it is unfounded. 

Offline jannnic

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jannnic
For the mumble Hangout:

2. Will it be possible to migrate anonymously? I.E. as Titan won't be there in Bitshares 2.0 will the migrated account be known as ACOUNTNAME-XY (jannnic) so that everyone could see how many funds I have just trough migrating?

This should help ...

4:26: bytemaster : We will recommend for ease of migration users transfer all funds to themselves for each asset.

Thanks!
Does this mean that if I transfer all my funds to another account (for example from "jannnic" to "random-string") in the old Bitshares chain, that then everything that is publicly visible after importing funds in the new chain is that xy BTS is owned by "random-string"?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:42:13 pm by jannnic »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
What the reason of establishing separate company (cryptonomex)? Does it have plans for external investment?

Add: How is the share distribution of Cryptonomex? Stan owns 100%?

Can anyone answer these questions after tomorrow's mumble? Because I hardly participate in mumble session.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:00:57 am by clayop »
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
1) Options Market
2) Escrow / Payment Channels (off-chain micro payments combined with arbitration)
3) Scripting Engine

For starters...

Yes, yes, and yes.

But if the Options Market is anything like the Collateralized Bond Market (no automatic matching with market engine, no margin calls), I can't imagine it would be too difficult or too much of a penalty in performance for anyone to implement the Bond Market, Options Market, and Escrow / Payment Channels as smart contracts using the Scripting Engine. In which case, I would think #3 would be next priority feature over #1 and #2. Or is there a reason why #1 and #2 need to be native?

That also makes me wonder. Would the scripting engine allow for the creation of new object types (I think that means the x in 1.x.y ID numbers)? And how would long-term memory usage of objects stored in the database be fairly charged? I guess I will just have to wait until it is time for the official proposals.

Also, I was going to suggest another feature that would allow UIAs to elect their own delegates which could jointly control an account (like BTS elected delegates) and end up running child/side chains nested into the BitShares blockchain, but then I discovered this:)  I also love the references to SPV in that page. :)  :) Very excited for all the other things in store for 2.0 that haven't yet been discussed.

Yes, I'm with arhag on this one. It's not clear exactly what "Scripting Engine" entails (and its way too early to hold you to anything yet, given the focus on 2.0), but if it means we can create our own asset forms, please do this! Rather than build more native markets, building as much flexibility and incentive for the free market to create these is preferred. The first and simplest step could be to allow more configurable elements in privatised bitAssets, but ultimately a number of these configurable elements would need the flexibility of customised script. For example, the calculation of a token's fair value, which could consist of customised indexes or portfolios. I have much more to add on this topic shortly.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
1) Options Market
2) Escrow / Payment Channels (off-chain micro payments combined with arbitration)
3) Scripting Engine

For starters...

Yes, yes, and yes.

But if the Options Market is anything like the Collateralized Bond Market (no automatic matching with market engine, no margin calls), I can't imagine it would be too difficult or too much of a penalty in performance for anyone to implement the Bond Market, Options Market, and Escrow / Payment Channels as smart contracts using the Scripting Engine. In which case, I would think #3 would be next priority feature over #1 and #2. Or is there a reason why #1 and #2 need to be native?

That also makes me wonder. Would the scripting engine allow for the creation of new object types (I think that means the x in 1.x.y ID numbers)? And how would long-term memory usage of objects stored in the database be fairly charged? I guess I will just have to wait until it is time for the official proposals.

Offline Russ Hanneman

I want to see if his strategic direction is in line with Russ and I's ideas that we have been discussing following our mega percentage stake increase in this cute little microcap corporation.

We've already put this thing called "money" on a new thing called "the blockchain", when no one was doing it, so you know we'll be Hoovering up the deals in no time.

We will be watching your progress, and voting exclusively for dev projects that only serve in Russ and I's personal financial interests.  In the meantime, go ahead and start pitching the ideas for future development, so we can begin discussing our options.  Sophisticated investors like ourselves always have our eyes on the future, so it behooves you to begin singing for your lunch son.

And after you've finished singing -- Tequila for everyone!

Sleep easier knowing that investors like Russ and I have your back next time the shit goes down.

I've got some bad news on that front Erlich. Due to a series of bad investments my money guy let me talk him into, I'm no longer the billionaire you've looked up to all these months, I'm a $986,000aire -- and that's not even a real thing. If you round down, I'm a Zeroaire! I mean, functionally I'm just like you Erlich, and f*** that's depressing. I've lost nearly $200 mio on an insider NXT pump and I'm out of the three comma club. My only hope to restore my sad existence to it's former self is to pump & dump Feathercoin beyond imagination. If this doesn't work, the next thing you know I'll be on Forbes, "Close but no cigar" list, which is ironic, because I smoke a fu**ton of cigars.

Russ Hanneman
Financier Extraordinaire

HOW I MAKE OVER $120,000 A YEAR WITH BITCOIN ... http://goo.gl/mKwC3i
BitShares Insider Trading Network - Join Today! ... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16622.0.html