Author Topic: Hangout every Friday @ 10am EST/STD  (Read 278177 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Can you give us the general feeling in blacksburg about when this will be released?  Could you tentatively say this year?  It seems like there are a lot of moving parts...

"This Summer" narrows our one-sigma probability of being on target down to a specific 13 week period in 2015 while leaving us free, if necessary, to point out that technically this planet does have a southern hemisphere. 

:)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I am not complaining, just eager and wish there was some type of roadmap/task list to go live that we can all follow to final release.

I follow other projects and they also have periods of quiet when users and investors question what is going on.  The pattern repeats itself.  It's usually around those times that major progress is made.  Ethereum finally just released its first test network and maidsafe has yet to release theirs, but it should be soon, so bitshares is mostly in-line with other projects.  In fact, with all these great 2.0 projects scheduled for release around the same time, 2016 is setting up to be a spectacular year, on par or greater than that of bitcoin 2013.

Agreed  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Whatever happened to the weekly update that Stan posted on Wednesdays?

Every staff meeting since the Big Announcement I've sat there trying to take notes suitable for a status update.  Every engineer's status report is extremely detailed about issues and jumps into the middle of the subject like everyone is expected to know exactly what they are talking about.  To me, it sounds a lot like Charlie Brown's teacher...

So, that's what they talk about in staff meetings these days.  I decided not to interrupt them every two minutes with a, "Wait, what?"  Best bet if you want that level of information is to check the issues and commits on GitHub.

Meanwhile, I've presented the gist of it earlier in this thread.  As each of those events happens, there will be a Big Announcement.

Other than that, all the general news that is news gets pushed to this forum as it happens.  I'm always looking for an excuse to run up my post count.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
And about that time we'll announce the official 30 day countdown to release.

NO COUNTDOWN PLS .... @Stan  ... We had one disaster with this ..i really would love to see a silent launch this time ...!!!

I hear you.  The reason for the countdown is that we already have a live market and many partners using it. 
They all need to know the switchover block with absolute certainty.

That's the kind of thing no ordinary user should fear having sprung on them without lots of notice.

Can you give us the general feeling in blacksburg about when this will be released?  Could you tentatively say this year?  It seems like there are a lot of moving parts...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:36:50 pm by lil_jay890 »

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

NO COUNTDOWN PLS .... @Stan  ... We had one disaster with this ..i really would love to see a silent launch this time ...!!!

I hear you.  The reason for the countdown is that we already have a live market and many partners using it. 
They all need to know the switchover block with absolute certainty.

That's the kind of thing no ordinary user should fear having sprung on them without lots of notice.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
STAN:
1. When the internal testers have found and fixed every obvious bug, the test chain will be released for outside developer evaluation.
2. When we have a GUI that gives the average user a good experience, we'll make it available so that they too can check out the test network.
3. When we have the extra on/off ramp integration features needed by our exchange partners we'll begin integration and testing with them.

4. And about that time we'll announce the official 30 day countdown to release.   But we won't do that until we are sure we are really, really ready to commit to that date.

> Thank you stan.  +5%. We needed this extra piece of clarification.

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
I am not complaining, just eager and wish there was some type of roadmap/task list to go live that we can all follow to final release.

I follow other projects and they also have periods of quiet when users and investors question what is going on.  The pattern repeats itself.  It's usually around those times that major progress is made.  Ethereum finally just released its first test network and maidsafe has yet to release theirs, but it should be soon, so bitshares is mostly in-line with other projects.  In fact, with all these great 2.0 projects scheduled for release around the same time, 2016 is setting up to be a spectacular year, on par or greater than that of bitcoin 2013. 

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

That countdown is meant for the SNAPSHOT to graphene .. there is no way to miss it (unless delegates all stop producing blocks :)  )

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
That seems to be working, since I'm averaging about one new partner inquiry per week. 

+5% +5% +5% Well now that's all kinds of awesome :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline MJK

• View Profile
The referral thing is a stroke of genius without a doubt.
When I read that it would be released this summer and I see that it's essentially August now, I just expected there to be specifics about the launch. I absolutely agree it needs to be done right first time it's just I would like to hear a specific roadmap for the next 4 months - what's left to do and ETAs. He last couple of mumbles I heard where good, but we drift from week to week and wonder what BM is going to say and what will be included in the update.

Yeah, I understand.

We are currently almost 6 weeks into a 13 week long summer.  The blockchain code has been turned over to our internal test team.  Bytemaster is turning his attention to the GUI team, which is the remaining long pole in the tent.

When the internal testers have found and fixed every obvious bug, the test chain will be released for outside developer evaluation.

When we have a GUI that gives the average user a good experience, we'll make it available so that they too can check out the test network.

When we have the extra on/off ramp integration features needed by our exchange partners we'll begin integration and testing with them.

And about that time we'll announce the official 30 day countdown to release.   But we won't do that until we are sure we are really, really ready to commit to that date.

All of these events hinge on typical software development unknowns like "how many bugs remain to fix?".   

Meanwhile, we'll continue to try to stay in the news with an announcement campaign that is a mix of new partners and expanded progress reports from those already announced and key milestones from the above list.   None of these announcement dates are within my arbitrary control - they require a lot of people to give me a wink and a nod.

The purpose of the announcement campaign is to attract still more partners to bring their user bases into our ecosystem and teach them to use it so they can collect new revenue streams.  That seems to be working, since I'm averaging about one new partner inquiry per week. 

So, we're all waiting to see how it unfolds just like everyone else.

Got it, that makes more sense. Thank you Stan. :)

Offline MJK

• View Profile
last couple of mumbles I heard where good, but we drift from week to week and wonder what BM is going to say and what will be included in the update.
I am not complaining,

me neither, that's the reason i tune in.

Even though I 'tuned in' I don't hear timelines and expectations of 'next week' that don't materialize. Things come up and that's ok. It's managing the timeline and communication about it that's my biggest issue.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
The referral thing is a stroke of genius without a doubt.
When I read that it would be released this summer and I see that it's essentially August now, I just expected there to be specifics about the launch. I absolutely agree it needs to be done right first time it's just I would like to hear a specific roadmap for the next 4 months - what's left to do and ETAs. He last couple of mumbles I heard where good, but we drift from week to week and wonder what BM is going to say and what will be included in the update.

Yeah, I understand.

We are currently almost 6 weeks into a 13 week long summer.  The blockchain code has been turned over to our internal test team.  Bytemaster is turning his attention to the GUI team, which is the remaining long pole in the tent.

When the internal testers have found and fixed every obvious bug, the test chain will be released for outside developer evaluation.

When we have a GUI that gives the average user a good experience, we'll make it available so that they too can check out the test network.

When we have the extra on/off ramp integration features needed by our exchange partners we'll begin integration and testing with them.

And about that time we'll announce the official 30 day countdown to release.   But we won't do that until we are sure we are really, really ready to commit to that date.

All of these events hinge on typical software development unknowns like "how many bugs remain to fix?".   

Meanwhile, we'll continue to try to stay in the news with an announcement campaign that is a mix of new partners and expanded progress reports from those already announced and key milestones from the above list.   None of these announcement dates are within my arbitrary control - they require a lot of people to give me a wink and a nod.

The purpose of the announcement campaign is to attract still more partners to bring their user bases into our ecosystem and teach them to use it so they can collect new revenue streams.  That seems to be working, since I'm averaging about one new partner inquiry per week. 

So, we're all waiting to see how it unfolds just like everyone else. 

Offline MJK

• View Profile
Every week his mad ravings get more earth shattering.

Last week:  "BTS has max anon"

How can he ever top that?

And while waiting for the GUI guys, you might as well just tack on the bond market too ;)

Agreed and how about an some type of roadmap from the GUI guys or a direct update/Q&A from them if that's the last piece of the puzzle.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Whatever happened to the weekly update that Stan posted on Wednesdays?