Author Topic: Ripple fined  (Read 9907 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

decentralized market mirror   ;D

Fabulous, is :

"blahblah7up"

your BTS address?

No.

BTS7wV5P8n5jVqo2AF5ycS2aX8aDXk9e2B85WFoyoJoJpYMQ6p7YW

Wow, thanx!

Frankly, your name sucks (TITAN)... Hard to memorize and pronounce, what language is it?  Do you know what year it is?   Dan spent all that time making this easy and you go and name your kid:

BTS7wV5P8n5jVqo2AF5ycS2aX8aDXk9e2B85WFoyoJoJpYMQ6p7YW

Anyway, I ain't sending the rest until you confirm receipt of the first 100.  I probably sent it to a squatter that changed your name by 1 character blabla6up... ok?

If you can't tell, I don't use the same computer for copying and pasting this pretty prose as I do sending and receiving cashmoney (and I cannot type)(I hunt and peck).

Dan made TITAN so we didn't have to do this dance no more....

honor him man..use the tool.

Ah, forget it, I'm sending the rest... hope I did not accidentally send it to:

BTS7wV5P8n5jVqo2AF5ycS2aX8aDXk9e2B85WFoyoJojpYMQ6p7YW

peace

haha  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@Stan
Exactly, a blockchain. :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Back at the beginning of time, my ancestral neighbor and I banded together to defend our families from the Neanderthal who lived next to us on the Serengeti.

Then our whole village banded together under a local strongman to defend against the village next door.

Before long, all the villages in our fiefdom had to band together to defend against the fiefdom across the river.

But then there was the dukedom beyond the mountains that all our fiefdoms had to defend against.

And beyond the sea were other kingdoms and beyond them other empires.

The earth will not become united until there are Klingons and Romulans to fight.

But in the meantime, the governments we have raised to protect us have nothing better to do than turn inward to seize for themselves more resources, more power, and more control.

The American Founders recognized that governments were instituted among men to secure our natural rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.  They also recognized that whenever such a government became destructive to those ends, it was the right of the people to alter or abolish it... and "institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Those Founders attempted to bind their government by a system of Checks and Balances that would limit its ability to exercise too much power.  A good idea, but they had no better alternative than to leave the keys to those chains with a general population that would gradually, over time, vote to unshackle the beast so that it could use its awful power to prey on their own neighbors.  "The needs of the many outweigh the rights of the few."

What was needed were Checks and Balances that could not be unlocked by the fickle and unprincipled Majority.

At its full potential, BitShares and its peers could represent a new form of Checks and Balances on Absolute Power.

But first, we need to fully face the factors that always undo the chains we hopefully place on the Beasts we design to rule our affairs.

"We have met the Enemy, and he is us."

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:44:27 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
For me, blockchains have become the greatest solution we've built thusfar.
I think we're on the same pretty much.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline davidpbrown

There is no such thing as "just a little" government.   Power will always want to grow and eat anything that it sees as a threat.

There could be such a "thing" as limited Government AND "Power will always want to grow and eat anything that it sees as a threat."
For that limited Government, you just need individuals empowered and taking responsibility. The gross excesses have followed from individuals being lazy and complacent, allowing parental Government to take care of all their needs and more.

Obviously, you're not the first to consider fluid membership of Government.. and see http://www.bitnation.co/ if you haven't already.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline JoeyD

No I wasn't talking about militaristic dictatorships. What I mean is that when I joined the army I thought the whole hazing thing and breaking in "the jeans" (which was how the noobs were called by the people who had been wearing floral patterns for a little longer) was nonsense, but to my horror I've discovered that for quite a large group of people it seems a necessary evil in order to break them out of their egocentric bubble and become aware of their surroundings and get a more realistic perspective on themselves. And these people weren't drafted, but were all there voluntarily.

So what I was trying to point out was that voluntarism doesn't directly lead to utopia, nor is discipline necessarily bad. At least not for adolescents and late teens, from what I've seen.

So while I agree, governments have now overstepped their bounds and become massive tumors eating away at the health of the entire body, I'm no longer as convinced that humans in general are able to self govern. So while I agree with the current problems we face, I've not yet seen a clear solution to the problem either. And a lot of libertarians, I feel, have a tendency to skip over quite a few essential topics when they talk about their solutions. I wish I had a little more time to go into those here, because it is a topic I'd be interested in hearing other viewpoints.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@kencode: I'd like to believe that a solution is possible, but I gotta admit that I've developed my doubts over the years. I kinda lost faith in the good of man as a general principle.

Of course we have. We are living under massive oppression. Mankind IS good by nature. Man's will however has been broken via said oppression.

One thing I've learned in the army is that hierarchy and force are more practical and effective means to keep peace and a semblance civilization than I previously wanted to believe.
"keep the peace"?
You mean like Operation "MK Ultra" or Operation Iraqi "Freedom" or Operation "Enduring Freedom" and the like? I had rocks thrown at me when we were stationed in Somalia, Saudi Arabia, etc. They did NOT want our "freedom" whatsoever.

Also pure capitalism might lead to cyberpunkian Bladerunneresque futures, where megacorps own your ass. And I know that's pretty much how it is now, where megacorps own the politicians, media and law, but for now they still have to keep a semblance of the socalled democracy.

You're right, it MIGHT.
Well then, we have to decide; Do we want a democracy, a republic, or liberty? I prefer the voluntarist approach.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline JoeyD

@kencode: I'd like to believe that a solution is possible, but I gotta admit that I've developed my doubts over the years. I kinda lost faith in the good of man as a general principle. I'm starting to suspect quite a large percentage of man is monstrous by nature. One thing I've learned in the army is that hierarchy and force are more practical and effective means to keep peace and a semblance civilization than I previously wanted to believe. In short, take away government and force and things quickly turn towards the situation in Lord of the flies.

Also pure capitalism might lead to cyberpunkian Bladerunneresque futures, where megacorps own your ass. And I know that's pretty much how it is now, where megacorps own the politicians, media and law, but for now they still have to keep a semblance of the socalled democracy.

Doesn't mean I won't keep trying to find a better solution to our current ones.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
There is no such thing as "just a little" government.   Power will always want to grow and eat anything that it sees as a threat.

Agreed.

I think the best thing we as humans can do is have "governments" but people can leave them at any time and create/join a new one.

Fuzzy, we've tried that and look where it got us.

If a person does not like their government, then they need to find a way to escape it- Well, some have. They moved to a new location and started their own. This government doesn't want to compete with that government... so they resort to force... and, we're all right back to square one.

Regarding government, this logically leaves us with the following realizations:
Joshua: Greetings Professor Falken
Falken: Hello
Joshua: A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
Demonstrate that our need to be governed is a fallacy. Governance = force. I don't need to be governed, do YOU?
If we remove the incentive for force, then who will we need to protect ourselves from?
Build a new world where force is not necessary, and undesirable.

I'm doing all of the above, in every facet of my life. Let the BitShares blockchain do the enforcement. Vote IN those that work towards these goals and Vote OUT those that waste and consume. Let's build a world that encourages progress, peace and love.

Then again, I just strive to be the best agorist I can be. Work hard to set the example.

Literally everywhere you look today you see what? Government excess. That is what you see and that is why we are where we are.

Agreed.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

I agree that to ignore history would be foolish, thus my providing context via historical quotes :)

The quotes you used were of the gross excesses and not the reasons we do need some Government. If you do agree, you're trying to prove the wrong point. Government is not there to care for us, like some parent. It's there as a defence and enabler on our behalf, for what we have no opportunity to tackle. The stupidities and overreach should be criticized but it's lazy to default to "a Government or none".

I think the best thing we as humans can do is have "governments" but people can leave them at any time and create/join a new one.  It should be liquid and it should be how people identify each other.

Literally everywhere you look today you see what? Government excess. That is what you see and that is why we are where we are. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:01:07 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
There's some awesome stuff in this thread!  +5%

How about....

Digital Membrane

Or Decentralized Membrane

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BitShares - we're not a decentralized exchange, but a Decentralized Market Maker

oooooh, I like this one :) +5%
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Griff

• View Profile
This means virtual currency exchanges need to have AML.  I am not sure how this is going to impact bitshares's internal 'exchange'.  Perhaps bitshares needs to move away from the word 'exchange' to stay clear from legal troubles.

Well, technically there is no 'exchange' going on, since all the assets are on the same chain...

edit: depends on what their definition of virtual currency is

Fantastic idea:

1000 BTS bounty paid to the first person to get the BitShares community to adopt a new term to substitute for the word "exchange," because since there is actually no real "exchange" occurring.

The AML issue that we have is this:  If you register your real identity on the BitShares blockchain (like Facebook), then you get $5 BitUSD (you will get uninterested leeches registering their whole families and dead people too so $10 is probably too much).

BitShares - we're not a decentralized exchange, but a ___(1000BTS bounty)_________

Changing your name is all the rage lately, look at what it did for DASH!

BitShares - we're not a decentralized exchange, but a Decentralized Market Maker

Offline davidpbrown

I agree that to ignore history would be foolish, thus my providing context via historical quotes :)

The quotes you used were of the gross excesses and not the reasons we do need some Government. If you do agree, you're trying to prove the wrong point. Government is not there to care for us, like some parent. It's there as a defence and enabler on our behalf, for what we have no opportunity to tackle. The stupidities and overreach should be criticized but it's lazy to default to "a Government or none".
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline fuzzy

Kennedy RIP

".." Rockefeller

@fuzzy: So.. what's your point?

[Big Government: Bad] AND [Small Government: Necessary]

The whole point of decentralisation is that power corrupts.. but there's no point making yourself impotent against real threats from organised groups. To ignore history would be foolish. Society is evolving but it is unrealistic to expect some discontinuity and a sudden jump to a perfect world in which individuals are not left unnecessarily vulnerable to the consequences of unreasonable selfish actions from others. Until people are educated well enough that they are strongly resistant to base impulses that adversing impact others, it is not reasonable to expect a chaotic free for all.

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D