Author Topic: [May/June 2015] BCN ♥ - The Nullstreet Journal № 0.4  (Read 6381 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
No one has yet to point out the most interesting leak in the newsletter :P ... go read it again!
If you reread the newsletter again you may find some references to BitShares 2.0 already :P

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
kenCode
Flyers and Business Cards - I have created open source tri-fold flyers and business cards. The flyers have also been translated into numerous languages. Feel free to use them.

I thought that tri-fold flyers were created by emailtooaj.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.msg195814.html#msg195814

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
kenCode
Flyers and Business Cards - I have created open source tri-fold flyers and business cards. The flyers have also been translated into numerous languages. Feel free to use them.

I thought that tri-fold flyers were created by emailtooaj.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.msg195814.html#msg195814
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:53:11 am by aloha »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Immanent and Imminent are two separate words. Although they both might work in this situation, I chose to use "immanent" meaning "inbuilt and inherent" rather than "imminent" meaning "on the near horizon".

I learned a new word today.  I always thought that "immanent" was someone misspelling imminent. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
TL;DR

@alt
5. www.transwiser.com, I helped bitcrab to set up a USD gateway for Ripple
and BTS, which will be coming soon!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
No one has yet to point out the most interesting leak in the newsletter :P ... go read it again!

for me it was @alts wroting of integration with ripple!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:00:16 am by xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ »

38PTSWarrior

Thanks for making the newsletter. Good job!

Tuck Fheman

Cass and l work very hard to coordinate this volunteer effort across an ocean

Tuck Fheman

Sorry for the harsh tone. I work in PR. Professional orgs that have the most success are also the ones that are the most buttoned up across the board. I want to see this project succeed.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not joining NSJ team to assist on proofreading @ № 0.5 ? :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Sorry for the harsh tone. I work in PR. Professional orgs that have the most success are also the ones that are the most buttoned up across the board. I want to see this project succeed.

Why not joining NSJ team to assist on proofreading @ № 0.5 ? :)

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline phillyguy

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
The grammar and spelling errors in this are embarrassing. Imminent is spelled wrong in the header of the very first page. Two grammatical errors in the email that went out accompanying this as well.

Do we really expect other people to take us seriously if we don't even take ourselves seriously enough to proof read properly?

Immanent and Imminent are two separate words. Although they both might work in this situation, I chose to use "immanent" meaning "inbuilt and inherent" rather than "imminent" meaning "on the near horizon". I think that "immanent" better expresses evolution as it relates to BitShares. If I wanted to use "imminent", I would have perhaps said something like "an upgrade is imminent".

As for the grammatical error in the email, that was an accident for which I apologize. Cass and l work very hard to coordinate this volunteer effort across an ocean, a language and several time zones, and sometimes there are slight language barriers which result in copy editing errors. Thank you for letting us know.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:32:29 pm by CryptoPrometheus »
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
PAGE 15

Decentralized DNS (DDNS)
- Mike Ward from the CoinTelegraph contacted me and I/we are
working on bringing in a few other developers to help with this massive project. The DDNS
Working Group right now consists of 5 different companies and I am working to get their
contributions and
direction

there is no link when I click on "direction"

And yeah I also immediately spotted the imminent spell, unless you meant something else?

works for me ...

I must first search the link on google instead of opening it directly.

Didn't know we are about to have a USD gateway, well done