Author Topic: In preparations for the "big" announcement  (Read 14158 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% , We have no power at all
I have power .. just because I have >0 BTS shares in BTS ..
It's like democracy .. even if you feel your vote doesn't count, the opinion of the mass does count!

Democracy should be one person have one vote right, not decide by person Who have more land , more money, more wealth.
BTS just like Joint-stock company, It will to do something decide by big stakeholders even if it is no correct.
BM just like Jobs in Apple Inc. ,Board of Directors is weak just like stakeholders is weak in BTS.
But BM is not Jobs, and BTS is not Apple Inc.

I know BM work hard , and payed a lot. I'm very admire him.
But a DAC should be more democracy.

If you want more vote, buy more BitShares. They are really cheap right now!

Have no power to decide something?
OK, Your should to buy more bitshares, you have no power because your bitshares not enough.   :P

But how many could make a change?
Even if buy more BTS, it could change anything?

I'm not good at write by English , I just deliver my opinion.
If my words sound terrible , I‘m sorry.

I do understand your concern .. but no company is democratic .. never was, and never will be.
Democracy, as defined, concerns all people of a country with the only option to opt-out by leaving the country.
Hence, everyone in that country "is supposed to have one vote".

Here, everyone with a BTS balance is a shareholder of the company, with the option to opt-out by just selling.
If you want more power, you need to by into the company. Same thing as with traditional companies.
HOWEVER, in BitShares, even small shareholders get a vote, and not only the top 20 investors. And that's the whole point here.

BTW, please recall that those that have more stake in the system have more interest in the success .. short- or long-term.

In the end, the costumers are a different story. They are supposed to use the product, not invest into it. That's why I ask exchanges to list bitAssets instead of BTS.

EOO (end of opinion)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
cold storage menu?
bts mail menu?

user define menu?

Offline helloworld

• View Profile
It's like democracy .. even if you feel your vote doesn't count, the opinion of the mass does count!

Democracy should be one person have one vote right, not decide by person Who have more land , more money, more wealth.
BTS just like Joint-stock company, It will to do something decide by big stakeholders even if it is no correct.
BM just like Jobs in Apple Inc. ,Board of Directors is weak just like stakeholders is weak in BTS.

OK, Your should to buy more bitshares, you have no power because your bitshares not enough.   :P

I'm not good at write by English , I just deliver my opinion.
If my words sound terrible , I‘m sorry.
BTS:bts-hero

Offline helloworld

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

Offline helloworld

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
The ui is secondary to any features of the core. Ui speed has
nothing to do with the core and is solely a problem with rhe ui code.. any of the other wallets might work better for you. With angular 2.0 it should get faster anyway.

This might be inaccurate.
In the latest hangout BM said that the current UI problems are mainly due to two issues:
1. inefficient data architecture of the back-end is reflected in the front-end
2. the communication protocol allows only pull requests from the front-end (i.e. data cannot be pushed from the back-end)

Both issues are to be addressed and fixed in 1.0.

don't call it 1.0 if it's buggier than bitcoin 0.1! bandages after bandages, dev team has made a art of making simple things complecated, whole project need to start from scratch or be abandoned.

They are rebuilding core so its more usable by integrations apps
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline yiminh

• View Profile
nothing to do with the core and is solely a problem with rhe ui code.. any of the other wallets might work better for you. With angular 2.0 it should get faster anyway.

In the latest hangout BM said that the current UI problems are mainly due to two issues:
2. the communication protocol allows only pull requests from the front-end (i.e. data cannot be pushed from the back-end)

don't call it 1.0 if it's buggier than bitcoin 0.1! bandages after bandages, dev team has made a art of making simple things complecated, whole project need to start from scratch or be abandoned.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:05:02 pm by yiminh »

Tuck Fheman

I can buy DOGE too, but that doesn't mean it will ever be worth anything.

1 DOGE = 1 DOGE

jakub

Offline monsterer

I have not analyzed the code so I don't care to speculate on why it's slow, but it IS.

Probably because it uses over 1.3GB of RAM. Bitcoin uses 1/10 of that.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Not necessarily, as a dumb example if a ui button is tied to a sleep(10) call in the core and excluding multithreading to keep this simple, the ui will feel slow and the problem would be in the core.

I have not analyzed the code so I don't care to speculate on why it's slow, but it IS.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
So much is demanded by so many it is clear that this group is impossible to please.   
One needs to try the impossible to achieve what's possible!

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
So much is demanded by so many it is clear that this group is impossible to please.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha!  It may seem like that at times.  Remember though....for every seller there's a buyer and who's to say yet if the sellers are right or the buyers  ;D