Author Topic: What UX improvements would you like to see in 1.0?  (Read 1537 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Viral marketing - make it so you can register accounts for your friends.

EDIT: As in pay for their registration.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:20:57 pm by liondani »

Offline Chronos

I second the "voting" points. With the new split between delegates, witnesses, and workers, it's particularly important that the UI is clear and easy to understand.

Side note: I had a terrible time registering a new account once, because it had already been registered, but the client didn't realized it due to the fact that the blockchain sync was just starting. Make sure to consider that edge case -- new user experience is often the most important.

iHashFury

I would like to see both trading pair balances again on the exchange.
Don't like having to click buy to see BTS balance and sell  to check BitUSD balance

Offline karnal

• View Profile
1: Not exactly UI-related, at least directly: Make the faucet register accounts as TITAN or at least provide the user with the choice, possibly defaulting to TITAN

2: Some visual indicator about whether my own account(s) is/are titan-enabled, and likewise whenever sending to another account a visual indicator of whether said account is also TITAN.

3: SOCKS5/HTTP Proxy support configurable in settings.

4: "Shareholders responsibilities" disclaimer, about voting, why it's important, and a link to a well written wiki page describing it further. Shown at startup with checkbox to not show again.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:03:35 pm by karnal »

jakub

1. Voting
PROBLEM: The voting process is complicated and unnecessarily split into two stages: first you you operate on the thumbs up/down level and then you need to remember to actually apply the vote in each of your accounts.
SOLUTION: There should be a pop-up window with a wizard that guides you through the whole voting process (including sending your balance to yourself on all your accounts). The wizard should clearly show the end result: i.e. the list of delegates you currently support with the amount of BTS applied to indicate the power of your vote.

2. Transaction list
PROBLEM: When you do anything more complex than a simple transfer (e.g. creating bid/ask order or shorting bit-assets) lots of virtual/internal transactions show up in the list of your recent transactions which are totally inexplicable for less advanced users.
SOLUTION: By default all those virtual/internal transactions should be hidden from view and only shown when the user asks for more details.

3. Switching between accounts
PROBLEM: Switching between your own accounts is inconsistent: in most cases it takes you to the details of the newly selected account but when you are on the market page it behaves differently: it just updates the data below.
SOLUTION: The market page should have its own drop-down field for choosing the current trading account.

4. Accessing the market page
PROBLEM: I would like to be able to keep the market page open but still have access to other functionality, i.e. the list of recent transactions or details of any of my accounts. Currently I need to close the market page to be able to access any other area of the GUI. I know we have the "back" button that helps a little bit but for me it does not really solve the problem (especially that we lack the "forward" button).
SOLUTION: We should get rid of the "back" button and instead the whole app should be build like an internet browser with several tabs so that you can navigate back and forth between different content without having to close and reopen the same content several times.

jakub

We know the current version is a bit buggy & laggy and in some places the data is not refreshed automatically.
But we can safely assume that these issues will eventually be fixed as the front-end code matures.

The real question is how to improve User eXperience (UX).
It's not an easy subject but maybe our suggestions can offer some helpful input for the development team as they approach 1.0.

So please be constructive. Let's avoid turning this thread into a litany of complaints.
Instead, let's propose constructive solutions to UX problems that annoy us the most in the current 0.9.1 GUI.