Author Topic: GUI Look & Feel  (Read 1557 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
I like that suggestion of the tsskbar at the bottom to allow us to switch between screens.

I do wish there was some disclosure on the page layout so the best ideas could be given a chance to be discovered.

It's obvious though that this needs to be a good interface and something that comparable in to the people we're competing against.

jakub

Well i hope we can incorporate some of Jakobs work because the screenshots he included in his post looked pretty good.
I saw cass responded to him.

In my view the biggest advantage of "my" GUI was that it supported multiple screens simultaneously which allowed for true multitasking - you could switch between different screens, zoom out and zoom in, just as you can in any modern OS (e.g. alt-tab in Windows).
But we need to take into account that it was a fully fledged desktop app so such features were much easier to implement. A web app has more limitations in this respect.

As I said before, I like the new Graphene GUI a lot. It's clearly not a finished product at this stage but I can already see that it has very solid foundations in terms of UX. I just enjoyed using it. However if it had a kind of task bar at the bottom where all recently used screens are listed and I could switch between them in any order I liked (i.e. not relying on the browser back & forward navigation) - that would make it absolutely great.

jakub

@jakub - Your screenshots are no longer showing. Please can we get them online again?

http://neura.sx/bts/screens/
Thanks for letting me know.
For the time being please use this URL:
http://consense.pl/bts/screens/

Offline MJK

• View Profile
@jakub - Your screenshots are no longer showing. Please can we get them online again?

http://neura.sx/bts/screens/

Offline MJK

• View Profile

Well i hope we can incorporate some of Jakobs work because the screenshots he included in his post looked pretty good.
I saw cass responded to him.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I think what you are seeing is going to be close to what you will get.  I personally liked the look and feel of the GUI.  It was sleek and wasn't littered with little flash buttons.  I would have liked to get a better look at the trading charts, but I couldn't get anything to load.  I would like to know if it is going to have indicators and chart setting similar to metatrader, which is probably the most used platform on the planet.

I remember BM saying that ultimately there will be several wallets with their own interface, and the current web wallet may cease to exist.  Or at least not garner any further development.

Offline MJK

• View Profile
Question: Is there anything being discussed on what the GUI will ultimately look like in 2.0?  Like a poll, screenshots or something on what the best look may be.

From looking at the test site my own opinion is that this needs a lot more work before its ready to release. While the performance was very fast from the limited time i was on there, the look and feel wasn't anywhere near the same type of quality as the current online wallet imo.