Author Topic: Issues with the voting process  (Read 1847 times)

Tuck Fheman

I can't recall ANYONE... EVER .. having lost any funds from the voting process ..

Well they do lose the fee associated with the attempt to vote, when the vote does not register due to the bug mentioned above.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I can't recall ANYONE... EVER .. having lost any funds from the voting process ..

the only thing I am aware of a 'cover bug' which is fixed already and lost funds will be reimbursed by AGS funds (IIRC) ..

It is very important to state this somewhere to prevent vote apathy ..

jakub

.... but be aware of the bugs.
... though you won't lose any money from those ..
Yes, the worst thing that might happen is that you might think I've voted for your favorite delegate whereas in fact your vote did not go through.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
.... but be aware of the bugs.
... though you won't lose any money from those ..

jakub

I keep seeing that many people are confused how the process of voting currently works in the GUI.

This is what people think:
Ok, I *think* I voted for your delegate...
I copied this into the console:  approve delegate.kencode true
and got this output:
{
  "index": 101,
  "name": "delegate.kencode",
  "approval": 1,
  "custom_data": {}
}
Did I do it correctly? Sorta feel retarded here....

Yep, that's exactly how I do it too. The console IMO is a bit more logical. Thank you @jrb450 :)

Whereas this is what one of the devs says you need to do after using the "approve" command in the console:
You need to either manually make a transfer to yourself or use the vote now button (which is just a shortcut for making a transfer of your entire balance to yourself) after having approved the delegates you want.

And also we have this issue:
In v.0.9.2 on Windows 7 when you navigate to Delegates->My Votes and start playing with the thumb up/down icon the list of delegates goes "crazy" - the items on the delegate list get duplicated several times.
Reloading the page (with a right-click) sometimes helps and navigating away from this page and coming back to it always helps so I guess this is purely a display issue.

(and I can see that the "invalid asset amount" error is still there which in some cases prevents people from being able to vote, please fix it if it's possible in this release)

The first one is a stupid error on my part, I'll fix it when I get home.
which should be fixed pretty soon.

Also, bear in mind that the "Vote" button in the GUI might not work for you as in v.09.2 we still have the "invalid asset amount" error which might prevent you from being able to vote.

Looks like voting it's a bit like crossing a mine field right now but hopefully things will improve in the next release.
So keep voting but be aware of the bugs.