Author Topic: 100% - Delegate for Chronos  (Read 23450 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Since there is support for letting BM use the funds for development, I think the simplest way to go forward is make that the plan for this delegate. If people really don't want the dilution they can still vote the delegate out. Essentially they would have two weeks before the end of the next biweekly pay period. Based on the recent delegate movements, I don't think that it would be a problem if that is what the community really wants. To make sure everyone is aware I will make a new thread with the subject describing the reallocation of funds. If it gets voted out during that period I can burn the 97% that was collected after chronos' last payment. I think this should be a reasonable way to continue without making additional yes no accounts which would just sit idle after this one use. Hopefully this is ok with everyone.
Great +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

chryspano

How will directing the funds to bm add any value?? The dev team already has 6 delegates. Does bm plan to hire someone or work more hours with this delegate pay?  Most of the support is towards burning, which is what should be done.

How do you know that?

You only need to remove 1/3 of the current votes and this delegate is out, you can vote him out if you disagree, it's easy.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
How will directing the funds to bm add any value?? The dev team already has 6 delegates. Does bm plan to hire someone or work more hours with this delegate pay?  Most of the support is towards burning, which is what should be done.

I agree.  When someone leaves we shouldnt just redirect their delegate.  We'll end up with 101 paid delegates eventually if we do that.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline Fox

Hopefully this is ok with everyone.
I support your intended actions.
Witness: fox

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Since there is support for letting BM use the funds for development, I think the simplest way to go forward is make that the plan for this delegate. If people really don't want the dilution they can still vote the delegate out. Essentially they would have two weeks before the end of the next biweekly pay period. Based on the recent delegate movements, I don't think that it would be a problem if that is what the community really wants. To make sure everyone is aware I will make a new thread with the subject describing the reallocation of funds. If it gets voted out during that period I can burn the 97% that was collected after chronos' last payment. I think this should be a reasonable way to continue without making additional yes no accounts which would just sit idle after this one use. Hopefully this is ok with everyone.
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I like the idea of directing it to the dev team to get us to 2.0.

If Chronos isn't put in that means someone else needs to pickup the slack.. and you won't find talent that accepts sunshine and lollipops for their work.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

chryspano

Yes, shut all the delegates down in order for some people to make some short term profits, damaging bts long term, all we care about is short term profits, right? "Inflation" doesn't attract pump and dumpers afterall.

Lets fill our pockets with some FIAT and get the hell out of here.

Give us a break Ander.

Dude, it was a joke! You mad bro?

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I would appreciate the extra BTS to help fund development and support of BTS.
I support 97% redirection of this delegate's pay to Blacksburg for ongoing development.

I support 97% redirection to me, to help me recover money lost investing in BTS.

Or maybe we should shut it off to reduce sell pressure. ;)

Yes, shut all the delegates down in order for some people to make some short term profits, damaging bts long term, all we care about is short term profits, right? "Inflation" doesn't attract pump and dumpers afterall.

Give us a break Ander.

Dude, it was a joke! You mad bro?

chryspano

I support 97% redirection of this delegate's pay to Blacksburg for ongoing development.

I support 97% redirection to me, to help me recover money lost investing in BTS.

Give us a break Ander.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

It should be noted that in the OP lafona was asked to run the delegate for 5%, not 3%, it is very kind of him to reduce his own compensation. Thanks lafona for stepping-up to run the delegate on behalf of Chronos.

Offline Fox

Witness: fox

iHashFury

With the current marketcap a 100% delegate generates approx. $425 a month. If you go with a VPS cost of $50 / month (quite doable), that translates to around 12% of the delegate pay.

I don't believe any of us should work for free, a sentiment Bytemaster has also expressed. Even a 25% delegate only provides a meager compensation equal to the hosting cost, but perhaps that's the most we should expect from this market.

As I was faced with an almost identical scenario about a month ago it's also important to recognize we are pretty close to 2.0 release, so whatever this team decides to do is probably only temporary. Once 2.0 is well established there is bound to be adjustments made.

I think reducing the delegate pay to 3% is too low. I would vote for 25%. I recognize there are other delegates such as riverhead and many others that receive far less, including many solid 3% delegates. 10% can cover the cost of 1 VPS but very little else, so those with less than 25% delegate pay are basically working for free. Again, please keep in mind this is only temporary until 2.0 is released and well established.

I am sorry to see you go Chronos; Cryptonomex really needs all the help it can get for UI work.

Just my 0.01 BTS opinion here.

If I thought like this I would have shut down my servers a long time ago

Also sorry to see Chronos go

chryspano

I have no problem running the delegate at 3% from here on out. Depending on what sounds reasonable I can burn the remaining 97% on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis. I can also update the thread here with the payment split and burn info.

Don't burn the 97%. Pass it to BM. His team would need it in this depressed market.

+5%

If people think the funds should be burned they can vote the delegate out.