Author Topic: 100% - Delegate for Chronos  (Read 23108 times)

Offline Chronos

All,

Just wanted to post a small update here. Lafona has done a great job adding the full set of 23 feeds. We suffered a little downtime during the feed configuration, but that's been resolved. He's been really great to work with, and is dedicated to the success of this node.

If you haven't yet added your vote for chronos.payroll.lafona, please consider it! *thumbs up*

iHashFury

Keep in mind that I am managing 77M BTS that belong to a whale who was never an I3 stakeholder and could demand them at any time.     

I'm here to confirm that it's not me, but it could be a member of the BITN.

Is this the account?  BTS2vYFjTaNi5Hz5QPyDH7SEqKfx2xLRFAFP

Satoshi Nakamoto?  :P

Tuck Fheman

Keep in mind that I am managing 77M BTS that belong to a whale who was never an I3 stakeholder and could demand them at any time.     

Is this the account?  BTS2vYFjTaNi5Hz5QPyDH7SEqKfx2xLRFAFP

Offline Russ Hanneman

HOW I MAKE OVER $120,000 A YEAR WITH BITCOIN ... http://goo.gl/mKwC3i
BitShares Insider Trading Network - Join Today! ... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16622.0.html

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Whats that whale's net worth? Anyone (who isnt completely invested here) who is willing to sit on $0.5 million worth of a risky cryptoasset is obviously worth millions more. He could probably increase our market cap just by revealing himself.

seems like a valid point.... hmmm  ::)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Whats that whale's net worth? Anyone (who isnt completely invested here) who is willing to sit on $0.5 million worth of a risky cryptoasset is obviously worth millions more. He could probably increase our market cap just by revealing himself.

I buffett he would never say. :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:51:38 pm by DataSecurityNode »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:53:22 pm by speedy »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

There are some people here that would take issue with your comparison of US dollar to salt.. they see more value in the salt. :)

If people will give me 150 BTS in exchange for a US Dollar, and no BTS in exchange for some salt, I'd rather have the dollar.  (Long enough to exchange it for some BTS).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Absolutely, they should be up and running now :)
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Chronos

@lafona The delegate hasn't missed a block yet! Nice work. However, it isn't publishing any price feeds. Is that something you would consider adding?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I just have to say, the more I get into the nitty gritty of Bitshares, the more awesome it seems. Comparing Bitshares to Bitcoin is like comparing the US Dollar to salt. (Which, by the way, would totally work as a store of value. A very little value.)

We have just crossed the 200M BTS mark of support. If you have not yet voted, please consider adding chronos.payroll.lafona to your slate. Thank you!

There are some people here that would take issue with your comparison of US dollar to salt.. they see more value in the salt. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Chronos

I just have to say, the more I get into the nitty gritty of Bitshares, the more awesome it seems. Comparing Bitshares to Bitcoin is like comparing the US Dollar to salt. (Which, by the way, would totally work as a store of value. A very little value.)

We have just crossed the 200M BTS mark of support. If you have not yet voted, please consider adding chronos.payroll.lafona to your slate. Thank you!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
.. erm .. sure ..
but can you "confirm" that you do not control enough 'voting power' anymore to put a delegate in the top 101 on your own?

LOL.  I promise I am not related to the whale and the whale does not even live in VA.   

I don't know what would happen if I removed my support from most of the current top 101.  I think I can safely say that I couldn't get control of 51% of the delegates, but may be able to manipulate the votes to control the bottom few.  I certainly cannot do it with only my own personal stake.
Thanks for the clarification! I hope others start feeling more confident about the safety of the BTS blockchain now ..

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Chronos

Hi Chronos! Congratulations on being elected.
Thanks! I'll take your questions in order.

We know you'll be working on the UI of 1.0 but nothing more has been disclosed. Will you give us some more details on your role?
Well, so much is still under wraps, so I don't want to spill the wrong beans. :) Version 1.0 GUI is implemented as an HTML5 application, so that's my area of focus. This is in contrast to the C++ backend, which drives the blockchain tech. The two applications communicate via websockets.

Will you be coding the UI or just advising & testing?
I'm a coder by trade, so I'm helping to code the HTML5 interface.

Will you give us some examples of user interfaces which you hold in high regard?
This question is slightly off-target, since it's implies I'm a UI designer as Cass is. Instead, it might be better to think of my role as one that gives the design its functionality.

To answer the question, though, perhaps it's sacrilegious to mention this, but I find the Coinbase UI to be very clean.

Once 1.00 is released - can we count on you making some YouTube videos presenting the new UI to newcomers?
You are probably referring to my Chronos Crypto Youtube Channel. At this point, Bitshares is hiring me as a coder, and that channel is a separate brand. However, some sort of partnership is certainly possible in the future.

Thanks for the questions!