Author Topic: 100% - Delegate for Chronos  (Read 23410 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I have no problem running the delegate at 3% from here on out. Depending on what sounds reasonable I can burn the remaining 97% on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis. I can also update the thread here with the payment split and burn info.

Don't burn the 97%. Pass it to BM. His team would need it in this depressed market.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Ok, while personally I would send the funds to BM if he has a use for them. (If it in any speeds up the process to 2.0, it would be worth it). But that is only one vote or opinion out of many.  Would it be worth making two 0% delegates as a way to vote yes/no for this? I have no problem with either approach, but I would like to have a good idea of the stance of the community. I guess this is similiar to the issue Thom had a few weeks ago with verbaltech.
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Thom

I believe it is possible to update the witness to lower the pay rate so you do not have to burn it manually.

I would appreciate the extra BTS to help fund development and support of BTS.

Can't the 0.9.2 chain also be updated to reduce delegate pay?

I just went through a learning curve on how to update the public_data for a delegate where the payrate is the last parameter. That parameter is not actually part of the public_data json object. Check out the wallet_account_update_registration API call.

You could try to use that API and set the last parameter to 3 and see what it does.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:30:11 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline bytemaster

I believe it is possible to update the witness to lower the pay rate so you do not have to burn it manually.

I would appreciate the extra BTS to help fund development and support of BTS.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
I have no problem running the delegate at 3% from here on out. Depending on what sounds reasonable I can burn the remaining 97% on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis. I can also update the thread here with the payment split and burn info.
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Thom

If he only lowers it to 25%, we should just vote him out and vote in 1 of the delegates that is willing to work for 3%.  Granted enough holders actually vote.

I was just trying to provide some numbers and a perspective based on what I experienced with delegate.verbaltech.

it's totally up to the community on what they want to do.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
With the current marketcap a 100% delegate generates approx. $425 a month. If you go with a VPS cost of $50 / month (quite doable), that translates to around 12% of the delegate pay.

I don't believe any of us should work for free, a sentiment Bytemaster has also expressed. Even a 25% delegate only provides a meager compensation equal to the hosting cost, but perhaps that's the most we should expect from this market.

As I was faced with an almost identical scenario less than a month ago it's also important to recognize we are pretty close to 2.0 release, so whatever this team decides to do is probably only temporary. Once 2.0 is well established there is bound to be adjustments made.

I think reducing the delegate pay to 3% is too low. I would vote for 25%. I recognize there are other delegates such as riverhead and many others that receive far less, including many solid 3% delegates. 10% can cover the cost of 1 VPS but very little else, so those with less than 25% delegate pay are basically working for free. Again, please keep in mind this is only temporary until 2.0 is released and well established.

Just my 0.01 BTS opinion here.

If he only lowers it to 25%, we should just vote him out and vote in 1 of the delegates that is willing to work for 3%.  Granted enough holders actually vote.

Offline Thom

With the current marketcap a 100% delegate generates approx. $425 a month. If you go with a VPS cost of $50 / month (quite doable), that translates to around 12% of the delegate pay.

I don't believe any of us should work for free, a sentiment Bytemaster has also expressed. Even a 25% delegate only provides a meager compensation equal to the hosting cost, but perhaps that's the most we should expect from this market.

As I was faced with an almost identical scenario about a month ago it's also important to recognize we are pretty close to 2.0 release, so whatever this team decides to do is probably only temporary. Once 2.0 is well established there is bound to be adjustments made.

I think reducing the delegate pay to 3% is too low. I would vote for 25%. I recognize there are other delegates such as riverhead and many others that receive far less, including many solid 3% delegates. 10% can cover the cost of 1 VPS but very little else, so those with less than 25% delegate pay are basically working for free. Again, please keep in mind this is only temporary until 2.0 is released and well established.

I am sorry to see you go Chronos; Cryptonomex really needs all the help it can get for UI work.

Just my 0.01 BTS opinion here.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:33:17 pm by Thom »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

That's unfortunate. Especially when we need all hands on deck to get 2.0 out. Is you leaving going to have a negative impact on time frames now?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Chronos

A 3% pay rate is an excellent suggestion. I'll run it by Lafona, to see if he would like to continue the delegate under those terms. Thanks!

iHashFury

Thats unfortunate ..

Instead of pointing the residual funds to BM, please consider reducing your delegates pay to 3% or so.

+5%

Yep burn It.  +5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thats unfortunate ..

Instead of pointing the residual funds to BM, please consider reducing your delegates pay to 3% or so.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Thats unfortunate ..

Yes, please reduce to a 3% delegate.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thats unfortunate ..

Offline Chronos

Effective today, I have decided to step down from my official role on the Bitshares team. It was a good run, but the time commitment was more than than I had anticipated. I will continue to be a part of the community, and am as excited for the Bitshares 2.0 launch as the rest of you.

This delegate position should now be voted out of the top 101. Until that happens, I will have Lafona direct any future earnings to Dan (Bytemaster) to use on behalf of Cryptonomex as he sees fit.

As a side note, Lafona has done a superb job running the delegate. I would highly recommend him for anyone who would like assistance with anything delegate-related. :)

Peace!