Author Topic: New kind of order: Limit At Feed  (Read 2091 times)

Offline emigalotti

• View Profile
Excelent idea, I like it.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
IIRC This kind of thing is coming with DPOS 2
There will be separate price feeds depending on the volume you want to trade.
It calculates how much the market would move, and then gives you a price to buy them all the same price.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline monsterer

If you don't mind using a centralised service, metaexchange.info supports relative orders for BTS/BTC and bitBTC/BTC markets.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
Really really important feature I hope the next version has this.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
There may be times when someone wants to buy an asset in a certain amount but they want the trade to happen only at the Price Feed. So perhaps we could add a new kind of order that would BUY/SELL with limit at the feed price.
AMEN

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
In the latest Beyond Bitcoin Hangout bytemaster is talking about the problem of large trades of an asset that is meant to be stable such as bitUSD or bitGOLD. The problem is that it is very difficult if you need to do a large order to avoid pushing the price temporarily away from the feed. And thus the concept of a "stable" price is actually not so true for large trades. But these kind of 'limit at feed' orders solve half of the problem since the price is stabilized to the feed. So the only variable is the time it takes to process a large order.

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile
I totally agree with you.  I also think this kind of order can actually help pegging and on/off ramp services.  But actually I had posted this,  and was told it is postponed:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16418.0.html
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
There may be times when someone wants to buy an asset in a certain amount but they want the trade to happen only at the Price Feed. So perhaps we could add a new kind of order that would BUY/SELL with limit at the feed price.