Author Topic: Change/Reset BTS Client Password  (Read 1349 times)

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Hi Mercury, and welcome to BitShares!

I just wanted to put a comment here to show that this problem has been solved in your other topic here, so others reading this don't need to respond here.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Mercury

• View Profile
Hello,

I'm just starting to get on-board with BitShares and I would like to reset my BTS Client password (for security/confidence sake), but the File/Change-Password menu option is grayed out and not selectable.

I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall the BTS Client hoping it would give me the option to recreate my wallet/password, but after re-installing the BTS Client (as I feared), it simply reverted back to the previous account/credentials.

I went ahead anyway and registered my BTS account, hoping perhaps I might then be provided an un-grayed-out change-password menu option I could use, but it was still grayed-out and not selectable.

Is the change-password file-menu option grayed-out for everyone, i.e. this just how it is for whatever reason for the time being?

What am I overlooking?

Thanks in advance for anyone's comments with help on this.

-tb
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:03:05 am by Mercury »