Author Topic: MIDEM + Secret Sauce / product release plans = ???  (Read 2288 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Re: MIDEM + Secret Sauce / product release plans = ???
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 10:22:35 am »
For the record, I'm not at all convinced by "secret sauce". The idea seems to go like this:

1. If the music industry hears about our plans they will recognise their brilliance and steal them. The music industry has the capability and the will to do what we are doing, they just haven't had the great idea we have had yet.
2. If the music industry heard about the PeerTracks music business model or software architecture etc. they could revolutionise the music industry for the benefit of artists instead of us!
3. Therefore we have to keep the idea secret until we demonstrate it is effective by getting artists on board.
4. The music industry, though they have such resources to compete with us if we tell them the idea, cannot possibly catch us once we get a few months lead time to build the system.

There are several things wrong with this line of reasoning but everyone here seems to take it on face value without question.

I can go into more detail if anyone is interested. Of course if I have something wrong here please let me know.

The only thing that you got wrong, imho, is that 'everyone here seems to take it on face value without question *'. I see a lot of people dumping NOTES presumably having same/similar concerns.
Now, the peertrack people will tell you it was/is the plan all along, but I for one do not buy that company line.

* This community have a very strong tendency to be what I call "Public pumpers/Private dumpers" bunch. This is true for the society as a whole, but is more prevailing here, if you have not noticed by now.
Why do you have to generalise about the community? Are you talking about active forum members or anyone with a stake in bitshares products?

Would you mind clarifying what you believe the Peertracks plan is? It sounds like you are saying that they have openly stated that they want to lower the price of notes and are being secretive to achieve that, not to protect a disruptive business model that is susceptible to entrenched competition.

Partially it gives you a answer I suppose... and raises you many of questions! (?)   :)

We've been pretty clear that peertracks will not be all public in the way bitshares is, and are giving everyone an opportunity to get out (at higher than the crowdsale price no less) if they don't like that

is this FUD ? Any reason for doing this?
I really can't believe what I am reading!  :-[

It's because there's no point answering to huge groups of stakeholders we don't know who only care about short-term returns and generally act like a hivemind. We would rather start at a low price and have real growth than to have a huge speculative market with a potential for big losses for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:24:50 am by liondani »
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 11:27:07 am »
I just talked to cedric about the need for another update specifically to discuss the roadmap, maybe during or before midem. We will also probably release at least a summary of what we said to the public at midem.

thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline EstefanTT

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 12:39:19 pm »
My interest is not in investment of notes or picking which artists are going to be most popular. My primary interest is in an efficient, equitable and economically viable music distribution and commerce system.
All I care about is that blockchain tech succeeds somewhere and that the psychopaths are marginalised so humanity can become civilized with 'an efficient, equitable and economically viable' planet.

Great perspective !
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Tuck Fheman

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 09:32:15 pm »
All I care about is that blockchain tech succeeds somewhere and that the psychopaths are marginalised so humanity can become civilized with 'an efficient, equitable and economically viable' planet.