Author Topic: Euro and Chinese stocks tumbling. How are you trading?  (Read 2919 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Greece is bulgarias primary investor and trading partner. While there are capital controls on greece and they have no access to crypto buglaria has access to crypto through btc-e. There is substantial demand for all crypto on this exchange

yeah excellent point. hopefully the average Greek saw this shit storm coming and prepared appropriately.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Buy litecoin. It should hit $200m marketcap again. Btc-e is seeing a tremendous amount of liquidity because of this Greek crisis and most of it is being directed at litecoin.

Greece is bulgarias primary investor and trading partner. While there are capital controls on greece and they have no access to crypto buglaria has access to crypto through btc-e. There is substantial demand for all crypto on this exchange

+5% Good point
If you want to take the island burn the boats

clout

clout

Buy litecoin. It should hit $200m marketcap again. Btc-e is seeing a tremendous amount of liquidity because of this Greek crisis and most of it is being directed at litecoin.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
the euro will survive...at least for now. fast forward 20 years and i have no idea. that said, we could easily see a jump either up or down near term with all this volatility, but it's tough to say which set of expectations and constraints are already reflected in the price.

in general, it's best to hold a well diversified portfolio appropriate to your capital/living needs; think stocks (VTI), bonds (BND), real estate (VNQ), metals, commodities, and now crypto assets. that's the general case...when times look especially risky, i like to load some targeted shorts (leveraged short ETFs are expensive and ridiculous to hold long term, but not a bad idea for short term hedging--FAZ, TZA, TECS), write covered calls on stocks, and/or hold larger than usual cash reserves to exploit opportunities.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
The problem is there are borders between financial jurisdictions that have different morals and political expectations of their people and themselves yet are governed by one unit of account that a central entity has control over, more likely the one with the most purchasing power at the time so essentially becoming an oligarchy. With something like bitcoin or whatever the only difference would be that these expectations would go out the window because not one entity really has veto power of restructuring debt thus it becomes easier to solve the problem of smaller economies using the same currency as the bigger economy.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline JoeyD

euro is going to dissappear ...
Wait .. What?

He's most likely correct though.

A week ago I watched a documentary delving into the inception of the euro and the root of it's current problems, that pointed out some disturbing facts I wasn't aware of.

For example how our political leaders were fully aware of the euro being broken and unable to function right at the start. But in their inscrutable wisdom they figured it a good plan to set it up like that in order to force the members to come together and solve those issues afterwards. Talk about delusional.

And then we had France not wanting to be the worst economy in the union so they insisted having a number of weaker ones in order to make themselves look good (instead of fixing their economy). And then Germany of all countries, in the wake of their reunion with the DDR, set some bad precedents, making any hope of ever fixing the euro evaporate. Because if even Germany can bend the rules then why can't the others right?

Apparently even before the euro was final, quite a few US-economist laughed their asses off at the time about the stupidity of the plan. In the Netherlands a collection of economists wrote and presented a manifesto warning of all the problems that the euro is facing now. But our politicians instead of reacting normally they used everything in their power to defame these people and socially destroy them. Even now, after they've been proven right, those same economists are no longer willing to come out.

Anyways I agree with quite a few other experts that there is no way to fix the euro anymore. Still interesting to see how long they can keep up this charade, almost like everybody is in a state of denial about what a joke the whole thing is.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:22:53 pm by JoeyD »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I'm trading it by being all out of stocks, and in cash (401ks and stuff) and crypto (with liquid funds).  Cash being USD, not euros.

I dumped most precious metals for bitcoins and BTS already, since I see crypto as Gold 2.0.  Though metals could do okay (as in not completely fall off a cliff), I think PM stocks are going to suffer a horrific decline soon, while the stock markets finally have a correction.  The chart of PM stocks looks like a huge head and shoulders over the past year, which looks ready to break the neckline and fall into oblivion.  $HUI should fall to double digits and all the small mining companies just get completely destroyed.  (If that happens, and bitcoin rises, might be a good opportunity to trade bitcoin back into PM stocks I think.  And hopefully general stocks as well, if they have a decent pullback.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Why would the Euro go?
If anything it should strengthen with the whole Greece thing happening.

no because the other domino's are set to fall right after. Euro is going to be a failed experiment showing that the best idea on paper cannot work out due to human greed (mostly politicians). This sort of idea needs to remove trust from the system, something crypto does, in order for it to be effective as ideal money.

Greece just shows that euro can't scale to smaller economies... and they happen to hit the wall earlier, the bigger countries will suffer same fate just a little later and a much bigger fall.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:55:39 pm by jsidhu »

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Why would the Euro go?
If anything it should strengthen with the whole Greece thing happening.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
euro is going to dissappear ...
Wait .. What?
Or we ll have a Euro just with "core" states that are equal enough in terms of GDP and foreign trade balance

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I did just short bitEUR this afternoon

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
euro is going to dissappear most likely its an extra risk holding eur

Offline yellowecho

I've been thinking about buying Euros.  How are ya'll trading these downward market moves?
696c6f766562726f776e696573