Author Topic: Delegates - INDEXES of Stock Exchanges - Update to version 0.2.4 of bts_tools  (Read 9580 times)

Offline monsterer

- If the premium on non-interesting bearing debt is 10%, how much will it be on interesting producing instrument- like any group of publicly traded company stock ? What do you think -20% 30% ???   And the connected question, what kind of BTS believer will pay such premium on an index just to use the BTS DAX?

or

-What kind of people will bet that "The inflationary BTS will out perform any market index, in anything resembling  a long run" and go short?

The design of bitAssets 2.0 (or even the existing design) is orthogonal to the provision of any one market / index.

As to your second point, are you really serious? Then why not simply place all your money in fiat?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
so at least 13 deleagtes who are controlled from only 7 people we have to convince.

Convince them what?

I still do not quite get what you guys expect/try to achieve with those indexes???
Its better to gamble on bitshares instead of plus500

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

I see the clear luck of judgment and the complete optimism and hope that is dominating everybody else but me regarding this matter.

I see those indexes as nothing more than a great experiment to find either:

-How many illiquid markets BTS can handle?

or

-What market can we come up that is more illiquid than the Turkish Lira?

or

- If the premium on non-interesting bearing debt is 10%, how much will it be on interesting producing instrument- like any group of publicly traded company stock ? What do you think -20% 30% ???   And the connected question, what kind of BTS believer will pay such premium on an index just to use the BTS DAX?

or

-What kind of people will bet that "The inflationary BTS will out perform any market index, in anything resembling  a long run" and go short?
Valid points... let's see what more lessons we will get... do you think with bitAsset2.0 and using any kind of collateral on this matter , solves the most problems you are mentioning? I do...

Offline Fox

I'll setup the additional feeds a bit later in the day in support of the community.

Reminder: Please check that your slates includes Fox.
Witness: fox

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Ok I've rounded up what I believe are the easiest delegates to get the feeds up

Emski has 2 or 3
Bitscape (I believe he has said he will get it up in a few days) that's 2
Rgcrypto, he needs to be running feeds at all
John Galt, he's running 2 delegates i believe, that's 6
Ebit
bitcoiner
Crazybit has 2 or 3
Nikolai has 2
Cass
Matt608

That should be enough. 

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:24:14 am by eagleeye »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Is there a way to get the list of people who have not set up the feed yet?

I think it's best to just ignore tonyk.  If you don't try you will never succeed.

go to bitsharesblocks and see which are still publishing 19 feeds, and which are publishing 23. The ones with 19 are the ones to chase after.

As for the ones not publishing feeds at all.. no hope there. Easier to get new delegates voted in then getting them to publish.

Big help data, your a very positive force for bitshares +5%

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think it's best to just ignore tonyk.  If you don't try you will never succeed.

go to bitsharesblocks and see which are still publishing 19 feeds, and which are publishing 23. The ones with 19 are the ones to chase after.

As for the ones not publishing feeds at all.. no hope there. Easier to get new delegates voted in then getting them to publish.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:13:03 am by eagleeye »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
so at least 13 deleagtes who are controlled from only 7 people we have to convince.

Convince them what?

I still do not quite get what you guys expect/try to achieve with those indexes???

I see the clear luck of judgment and the complete optimism and hope that is dominating everybody else but me regarding this matter.

I see those indexes as nothing more than a great experiment to find either:

-How many illiquid markets BTS can handle?

or

-What market can we come up that is more illiquid than the Turkish Lira?

or

or

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Convince them what?

for me it is easy. If we want to be "the" decentralized exchange i should not need to go out of bitshares. So we need to add more bitassets i want to get exposure.

we have

1. some FIAT bitassets
2. some commodities - gold and silver
3. and 1 crypto with bitBTC

so the next step is

4. some indexes

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Convince them what?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Convince them what?

for me it is easy. If we want to be "the" decentralized exchange i should not need to go out of bitshares. So we need to add more bitassets i want to get exposure.

we have

1. some FIAT bitassets

so the next step is

4. some indexes
+5%
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Convince them what?

we have

1. some FIAT bitassets

so the next step is

4. some indexes

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Get exposition to them through bitshares?