Author Topic: USD, EUR and CNY Gateway created on CCEDK.com  (Read 48240 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
.... but do hope @xeroc will comment as to why he thought it was not sufficient?
I was expecting a differently structured API documentation ... links to the private api can be easily missed (that's what happend to me)
Though I must confess I wasn't looking too much into the API ..

I would love to see something like this:
http://swagger.io/

but can understand I costs alot of time and resources to implement ..

BTW, who's a Java guru and can implement the BitShares DEX into
https://github.com/timmolter/XChange
??????

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
cool. once the big push for 2.0 is complete, it might be worth taking some time and funding effort to make the best API docs and tools on the market. sometimes simply facilitating connectivity offers higher marginal payoffs than new features.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
[Feature request] Please provide a NodeJS/Python/PHP and or Java implementation for your API ..

I think the lack of liquidity can be GREATLY reduced if you had a properly described API page and a (few) corresponding implementation(s)

edit: maybe add yourself here:

There are code examples in their API docs specifically for PHP.
https://ccedk.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/136557

I found their documentation sufficient to quickly and easily get up and running.   Certainly no less than what you get from many other exchanges.  Though, noone would complain about more examples in different code languages.

Thank you @Xeldal, I must admit I was puzzled about this issue, as I thought we did have sufficient API information to do some nice trading on exchange, and i asked my devs more times, where they could not understand the problem. I know undeatand why, thanks to you :) It saved me some unnessesary headache, but do hope @xeroc will comment as to why he thought it was not sufficient?
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
[Feature request] Please provide a NodeJS/Python/PHP and or Java implementation for your API ..

I think the lack of liquidity can be GREATLY reduced if you had a properly described API page and a (few) corresponding implementation(s)

I found their documentation sufficient to quickly and easily get up and running.   Certainly no less than what you get from many other exchanges.  Though, noone would complain about more examples in different code languages.

cool. once the big push for 2.0 is complete, it might be worth taking some time and funding effort to make the best API docs and tools on the market. sometimes simply facilitating connectivity offers higher marginal payoffs than new features.

Xeldal

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Yup! Making it easy for outsiders to connect makes all the difference in the world...

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
The Tipping Point for BitShares is going to be monumental.
Assuming integration takes a matter of weeks rather than months the dominos are going to fall so fast that taking a long holiday could mean you miss all the fun!

But it's a centralized SCAMcoin and bitMarmots will never work, just "BECAUSE"!! (Paraphrasing and hyperbole mine)
Nice try, Preston.
(Search "BitShares: Don’t walk away. Run" if you don't know what I'm talking about. He ain't getting any more links here)

So glad there is more detailed information now, bts clarity arrived so recently that I doubt word has even started to spread yet. Money talks, and bts businesses will profit.
Holders profit from their research, businesses profit on their bottom line.
The economic rationale of the BitShares team is what sets it apart from other asset exchanges, the adage "Invest in people" is sound advice indeed.

This post makes a great explanation, Stan.
I've added a little context as an intro for sending to the uninitiated.

BitShares is a decentralized asset exchange that allows users (people and businesses) to trade real-world assets with almost no counterpary risk and issue their own assets and profit from the fees paid during their use.
BitShares is a shared, transparent order-book that can execute up to 100,000 transactions per second. The bts order-book allows competing exchanges to pool together their liquidity by integrating  bitshares as the back-end and instead compete on User Experience, banking relationships and other consumer friendly features.
This results in a better deal for end users and a more streamlined business and higher profits for the exchanges. As the number of bitshares users and participating exchanges increases, the value of bitshares also increases.
BitShares members are also encouraged to sign up new users with a referral program, up to $80 per user depending on their usage.

1 bts is currently worth: 0.4 pennies (GBP)
If the BitShares ecosystem grows to the size of:
Bitcoin: 1bts would be worth £1 (x250 from today)
Amazon Gift cards (which can be more profitably issued on bts): £4 (x1000)
Air Miles, loyalty points, store credit, giftcards (can be more profitably issued on bts): £40 (x10,000)
Taiwanese Stock Exchange (can use bts): £296 (x74,000)
NYSE (can use bts to increase profits): £7,500 (x1,923,300)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:37:10 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I would like to better understand how the actual functionality will look for users, because it appears a bit vague to me at the moment. (Apologies if the answers are obvious to others). So as a starting point:

Say I have fiat USD, and I want to start trading cryptos. I send the fiat USD to CCEDK - do I then receive bitUSD in return or a gateway USD (say CCEDK.USD)?

Likewise if I were to send BTC or alt-coin to CCEDK, do I receive the Smartcoin version (e.g. bitBTC) or a gateway equivalent (say CCEDK.BTC)? If there were more than one privatised Smartcoin equivalent of any fiat or crypto, which version would I receive?

Assuming I receive the appropriate Smartcoin equivalents, then is my crypto-trading limited to whatever cryptos are currently represented in BitShares in Smartcoin form? ie. I speculate in bitDASH rather than real DASH or a gateway IOU called CCEDK.DASH?

What is the profit model for CCEDK dependent on? For example, would CCEDK be creating their own privatised Smartcoins to represent DOGE, DASH, BLK etc in order to earn trading fees as a privatised issuer? Or would they be rewarded in some way for setting up markets for various trading pairs? If there are multiple exchanges like CCEDK in the network competing in these activities, would we end up with multiple representations of each coin (which would not seem very efficient from a user perspective)?

Or is the profit model transformed primarily into a referral model, where CCEDK receives a cut of all trading activity in the BitShares exchange resulting from members brought into the system?

How are different exchanges in the BitShares Exchange Network likely to differentiate themselves?

It seems a lot like this is all questions based on CCEDK being the new Bitshares wallet, and as such I would appreciate @Stan to come up with some clever explanation on the various options!

Since you are asking a generic question, I'll provide a generic answer and let CCEDK and other partners comment on their specific customizations when they are ready to announce them.

At the core of everything sits the Cryptonomex web wallet with built-in decentralized exchange and financial products factory which will be hosted on partner sites.  This provides the standard back end (market order books and trading engine, etc.) and front end (hosted web wallet that looks like a familiar exchange.)

It also provides built-in interfaces to other leading coins and partner-supplied financial products and services.

Fiat can enter/exit the system via any member with the proper licenses who can buy/sell any asset on the BitShares exchange that they like from their own inventory of SmartCoins and Exchange Issued Assets.  They can even sell assets issued by other partners if they want to.  Just like selling books on Amazon - from inventory in their own wallet accounts. 

So customers can choose between bitDash or CCEDKdash on the network or actual Dash in CCEDK inventory on their dash wallet.  (Of course the CCEDKdash UIA on the bitshares network is essentially nothing but a claim on the actual Dash in the CCEDK wallet and is only as good as their counterparty promise to redeem it.)  Users get the choice whether to take that risk or pay to move into the BitShares bitDash market pegged asset to be counterparty free.  Or they could choose the CCEDK private pegged asset which only trusts CCEDK to publish a price feed not to hold the currency itself.  In practice, other exchanges will offer similar choices and all will trade with slight premiums or discounts based on perceived risk and reputation of each issuer.

Repeat:  Users get the choice.  Shocking.

Once a user has those assets, they can trade them with no further counterparty risk on the decentralized exchange - interacting with users from every partner on the network.

So, as you have just seen and will soon see again (cue the dark mystery music), businesses who are not exchanges can join our network and instantly have a basic exchange and wallet built in (just like a typical shopping cart is built in) and integrated with their industry-specific business processes

Stay tuned for more Summer Announcements.

Then each partner/industry gets to customize it as much as they want, including:
  • Making simple branding or "white label" changes with logos and color schemes.
  • Adding in GUI elements to present extra site-unique tools and features.
  • Linking between these GUI elements to custom business logic between the BitShares wallet and other coin wallets or the APIs of other fiat payment services and partners.
  • Implementing their own assets and financial products using the tools provided by BitShares for which they get their share of the fees associated with those products
  • Implementing their own unique customer support services and loyalty programs.
  • Implementing their own unique customer acquisition strategies competing to sign up BitShares users.
  • Implementing their own unique strategies to train and up-sell customers into using more services for which they are entitled to their share of the fees from the whole network for every customer they signed up.
  • Negotiating their own deals to bring other partners into the mix - like CCEDK did with Bit-X.
Example:  A worker in Omaha feeds some of his paycheck dollars into a Peak Ventures ATM machine and one second later his wife in Tijuana buys groceries with it using her CCEDK Nanocard. 

The use cases of all the newly available seamless partner integrations are mind-boggling.

Everybody wins:
The issuer of an asset   gets the fees from   the use of that asset      by everybody else's users.
The recruiter of a user   gets the fees from   the use of the network   for everybody else's products.

... and we all benefit from greater economic volume - which itself attracts more users and service providers.

So, bottom line:
  • Network members compete to win and retain customers - usually drawn from completely different demographics.
  • Our affiliate incentive program gives them credit for everything those customers do on the whole network - by introducing them to products and services offered by other network partners.
  • They gain by having their own products and services marketed to the customers of other network members.
  • They gain by sharing market depth and liquidity in a single global marketplace.
  • They gain by sharing in the "unhackable" and "transparent" set of order books that protect the consumers for the first time from exchange counterparty risk.

This changes everything.

Thanks Stan, this is a super clear explanation that has really helped me to get my head around the exploding possibilities.  I'm starting to understand the potential here, it's mind-blowing.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I would like to better understand how the actual functionality will look for users, because it appears a bit vague to me at the moment. (Apologies if the answers are obvious to others). So as a starting point:

Say I have fiat USD, and I want to start trading cryptos. I send the fiat USD to CCEDK - do I then receive bitUSD in return or a gateway USD (say CCEDK.USD)?

Likewise if I were to send BTC or alt-coin to CCEDK, do I receive the Smartcoin version (e.g. bitBTC) or a gateway equivalent (say CCEDK.BTC)? If there were more than one privatised Smartcoin equivalent of any fiat or crypto, which version would I receive?

Assuming I receive the appropriate Smartcoin equivalents, then is my crypto-trading limited to whatever cryptos are currently represented in BitShares in Smartcoin form? ie. I speculate in bitDASH rather than real DASH or a gateway IOU called CCEDK.DASH?

What is the profit model for CCEDK dependent on? For example, would CCEDK be creating their own privatised Smartcoins to represent DOGE, DASH, BLK etc in order to earn trading fees as a privatised issuer? Or would they be rewarded in some way for setting up markets for various trading pairs? If there are multiple exchanges like CCEDK in the network competing in these activities, would we end up with multiple representations of each coin (which would not seem very efficient from a user perspective)?

Or is the profit model transformed primarily into a referral model, where CCEDK receives a cut of all trading activity in the BitShares exchange resulting from members brought into the system?

How are different exchanges in the BitShares Exchange Network likely to differentiate themselves?

It seems a lot like this is all questions based on CCEDK being the new Bitshares wallet, and as such I would appreciate @Stan to come up with some clever explanation on the various options!

Since you are asking a generic question, I'll provide a generic answer and let CCEDK and other partners comment on their specific customizations when they are ready to announce them.

At the core of everything sits the Cryptonomex web wallet with built-in decentralized exchange and financial products factory which will be hosted on partner sites.  This provides the standard back end (market order books and trading engine, etc.) and front end (hosted web wallet that looks like a familiar exchange.)

It also provides built-in interfaces to other leading coins and partner-supplied financial products and services.

Fiat can enter/exit the system via any member with the proper licenses who can buy/sell any asset on the BitShares exchange that they like from their own inventory of SmartCoins and Exchange Issued Assets.  They can even sell assets issued by other partners if they want to.  Just like selling books on Amazon - from inventory in their own wallet accounts. 

So customers can choose between bitDash or CCEDKdash on the network or actual Dash in CCEDK inventory on their dash wallet.  (Of course the CCEDKdash UIA on the bitshares network is essentially nothing but a claim on the actual Dash in the CCEDK wallet and is only as good as their counterparty promise to redeem it.)  Users get the choice whether to take that risk or pay to move into the BitShares bitDash market pegged asset to be counterparty free.  Or they could choose the CCEDK private pegged asset which only trusts CCEDK to publish a price feed not to hold the currency itself.  In practice, other exchanges will offer similar choices and all will trade with slight premiums or discounts based on perceived risk and reputation of each issuer.

Repeat:  Users get the choice.  Shocking.

Once a user has those assets, they can trade them with no further counterparty risk on the decentralized exchange - interacting with users from every partner on the network.

So, as you have just seen and will soon see again (cue the dark mystery music), businesses who are not exchanges can join our network and instantly have a basic exchange and wallet built in (just like a typical shopping cart is built in) and integrated with their industry-specific business processes

Stay tuned for more Summer Announcements.

Then each partner/industry gets to customize it as much as they want, including:
  • Making simple branding or "white label" changes with logos and color schemes.
  • Adding in GUI elements to present extra site-unique tools and features.
  • Linking between these GUI elements to custom business logic between the BitShares wallet and other coin wallets or the APIs of other fiat payment services and partners.
  • Implementing their own assets and financial products using the tools provided by BitShares for which they get their share of the fees associated with those products
  • Implementing their own unique customer support services and loyalty programs.
  • Implementing their own unique customer acquisition strategies competing to sign up BitShares users.
  • Implementing their own unique strategies to train and up-sell customers into using more services for which they are entitled to their share of the fees from the whole network for every customer they signed up.
  • Negotiating their own deals to bring other partners into the mix - like CCEDK did with Bit-X.
Example:  A worker in Omaha feeds some of his paycheck dollars into a Peak Ventures ATM machine and one second later his wife in Tijuana buys groceries with it using her CCEDK Nanocard. 

The use cases of all the newly available seamless partner integrations are mind-boggling.

Everybody wins:
The issuer of an asset   gets the fees from   the use of that asset      by everybody else's users.
The recruiter of a user   gets the fees from   the use of the network   for everybody else's products.

... and we all benefit from greater economic volume - which itself attracts more users and service providers.

So, bottom line:
  • Network members compete to win and retain customers - usually drawn from completely different demographics.
  • Our affiliate incentive program gives them credit for everything those customers do on the whole network - by introducing them to products and services offered by other network partners.
  • They gain by having their own products and services marketed to the customers of other network members.
  • They gain by sharing market depth and liquidity in a single global marketplace.
  • They gain by sharing in the "unhackable" and "transparent" set of order books that protect the consumers for the first time from exchange counterparty risk.

This changes everything.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:01:38 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:36:57 am by xeroc »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What is "SmartCoin™", why is it "trademarked" and who owns it?

Hmm, now you ar making me confused. Cass gave me this info. Understoo it was trademarked as part of the bistassets.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Cryptonomex or Invictus own any trademarks. Stan can clarify for sure.

The "TM" means it is being used as a trademark, as opposed to the circled (R) which means registered with a government.
We are free (and prudent) to make clear what we are using as trademarks whether or not we are successful at registering one formally.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Riverhead