Author Topic: Buy Keyhotee ID with ProtoShares 10 PTS+  (Read 25546 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
can I buy now? And how much?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

No sry, Keyhotee founder ID purchasing for early supporters was finished on december 24th last year
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
can I buy now? And how much?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

Does anyone think the 10 PTS price is too high for a found id at current time?

I think the title of this thread is misleading and causing confusion.  It should be, "Donate 10 PTS and receive a Founder ID as a Thank You" or something similar.  At any rate as I've said before those that donated early lost the option to sell if PTS really took off.  By delaying your donation you've kept that sell option open for yourself and 3I hasn't had the funds for dev costs during that time.  Viewed from that perspective the early donors have paid more in opportunity costs than those on the fence about donating now.

On a side note a question for Stan or Bytemaster: 

My PTS wallet has a lot of private keys in use due to mining (both solo and pooled) as well as generating addresses for various reasons.  I was thinking of sending my wallet balance to a new wallet so that all PTS are stored in a single pirv/pub key pair.  Is there any advantage/disadvantage to doing this?  Currently I feel my wallet is a bit fragmented but I also don't want to lose the age of the coins/transactions if that matters for anything.

Thanks.

We will provide tools for importing all keys from a wallet and will not make people go through the manual process used in MMC.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Does anyone think the 10 PTS price is too high for a found id at current time?

I think the title of this thread is misleading and causing confusion.  It should be, "Donate 10 PTS and receive a Founder ID as a Thank You" or something similar.  At any rate as I've said before those that donated early lost the option to sell if PTS really took off.  By delaying your donation you've kept that sell option open for yourself and 3I hasn't had the funds for dev costs during that time.  Viewed from that perspective the early donors have paid more in opportunity costs than those on the fence about donating now.

On a side note a question for Stan or Bytemaster: 

My PTS wallet has a lot of private keys in use due to mining (both solo and pooled) as well as generating addresses for various reasons.  I was thinking of sending my wallet balance to a new wallet so that all PTS are stored in a single pirv/pub key pair.  Is there any advantage/disadvantage to doing this?  Currently I feel my wallet is a bit fragmented but I also don't want to lose the age of the coins/transactions if that matters for anything.

Thanks.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

I need 10 protoshares to do this in time, but cryptsy.com is down, and I don't have another way to purchase them before the deadline.

Can someone loan me 10 shares for this?  If you can, please contact me at brent.allsop at canonizer.com

Thanks

Brent Allsop

Offline seraphim

I don't find it to be too expensive. PTS value has been higher before, some days ago it was like 300$ for an ID. And as we all expect PTS to rise it will probably be much more in the future. But you're not buying something of monetary value - founder IDs are a way of supporting 3I (at the moment the only possible way to give them some funds).

If you don't want to/cannot spend that amount just wait for the launch of keyhotee and get yourself a simple free ID.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:16:38 pm by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

Offline 029xue

• View Profile
Does anyone think the 10 PTS price is too high for a found id at current time? 10 PTS now worth about 0.2 BTC (around 150 US dollars) and I think it's too experience.

I've 15 machines each with 150+ collisions/min and after a whole week's mining, I still can not afford it as only about 8 PTS are mined in a whole week!

Hope the price could be more friendly as the PTS value has increased much since Nov. Thanks.

Offline bytemaster

If they had a key logger to grab your password then yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
I watched the keyhotee video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pZaTdEtK-8 and was wondering, what if a trojan is able to steal your wallet password and files, would they then have access to your reputation and money in your keyhotee account?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Just a question: I signed for my ID when it was 0,25 BTC minimum, if I would like to add some PTS to bounce it up a bit how is this done? Am I bonded to the 10 PTS minimum or can I add any amount?

Just register again using the same name, desired Keyhotee ID, and email account (or tell me what old BTC account address you want to link to in the message field.)  I'll send you a PTS address and then sum the market values of the old and new account on Dec 24th in USD to add apples to apples.

If you already have a wallet address from us, you can add to it as often as you like.  One person told me they actually hooked a miner up to their address and left it running for a while.  Now that's commitment!   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I finally decided to look into what this Keyhotee was and I have to say I'm very excited for this thing to take off! I was going to mine 10 PTS to sell and add to my LTC fund but I'm going to put it towards a reserved ID instead.

Just one question though, it might have been already answered but... How do you know these companies will adopt Keyotee?

As always, you must grow a large user base and then the big name companies will come to you.  We believe that concern over the exposed abuses of untrustworthy and/or tyrannical governments and the network effect of each new adopter encouraging their associates to interact with them through Keyhotee's private channels will grow the user base virally.

Also when will we be able to buy stock in the company? This is something I'd really like to get into before big names get their greedy hands on lol

We have no plans to go public at this time.  We don't want to become Too Big To Quit (TBTQ), at least until our Free Space technology and key DACs are safely released into the wild and belong to the world, not us.  If we do suddenly quit, you may assume that someone has attempted to coerce us into violating our published core principles.  Then others will have to pick up the torch.  Hence our efforts to stimulate a distributed community of independent entrepreneurs and developers with many people familiar with our open source code.

The best way to invest in the potential of Invictus right now is to own ProtoShares.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
I finally decided to look into what this Keyhotee was and I have to say I'm very excited for this thing to take off! I was going to mine 10 PTS to sell and add to my LTC fund but I'm going to put it towards a reserved ID instead.

Just one question though, it might have been already answered but... How do you know these companies will adopt Keyotee?

As always, you must grow a large user base and then the big name companies will come to you.  We believe that concern over the exposed abuses of untrustworthy and/or tyrannical governments and the network effect of each new adopter encouraging their associates to interact with them through Keyhotee's private channels will grow the user base virally.

Also when will we be able to buy stock in the company? This is something I'd really like to get into before big names get their greedy hands on lol
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
But until Keyhotee goes live, we have to do it manually, corruptible humans though we are.   :)
...or as you said on http://invictus-innovations.com/anewbirthoffreedom:
Invictus, of course, is not a DAC (and therefore shouldn't be trusted fully).

;)

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
Quick Question About Keyhotee:
You said one of the factors of increasing your reputation is to mine blocks for your account, but can you also buy these mined blocks for your account?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex