Author Topic: Bounty Specification Discussion  (Read 3528 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Re: Bounty Specification Discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 06:51:08 pm »
now we can truly engage this idea of yours.

So eseentially you are advocating a move to Tender rather than Bounty?
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline wasthatawolf

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 07:05:12 pm »
I see your points and I understand that the system as it exists now is something that has been developed and refined over time based on past experience.

Maybe I'm completely off base, I just think the bounty process, especially for large projects, in and of itself creates wasted effort.  Let's use the III website as an example.  Going through that bounty thread there are at least two submissions that look promising, super3 and itnom.  Two talented web developers/web dev teams.

How is it not a waste of time and effort for them both to be working on the same thing?  Only one site can get the bounty so the other is putting in all that effort for naught. 

Maybe my solution won't work (I'm not that vested in it as it only just came to me this AM, so I'm not offended that you're trying to rip it apart :) ), but there must be a better way to leverage the talent that appears on these boards so that work isn't duplicated.  The number one goal with my original suggestion was to maximize efficiency.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 07:21:54 pm »
I see your points and I understand that the system as it exists now is something that has been developed and refined over time based on past experience.

Maybe I'm completely off base, I just think the bounty process, especially for large projects, in and of itself creates wasted effort.  Let's use the III website as an example.  Going through that bounty thread there are at least two submissions that look promising, super3 and itnom.  Two talented web developers/web dev teams.

How is it not a waste of time and effort for them both to be working on the same thing?  Only one site can get the bounty so the other is putting in all that effort for naught. 

Maybe my solution won't work (I'm not that vested in it as it only just came to me this AM, so I'm not offended that you're trying to rip it apart :) ), but there must be a better way to leverage the talent that appears on these boards so that work isn't duplicated.  The number one goal with my original suggestion was to maximize efficiency.

hehehe, i find that the best ideas i've heard come after stripping things down. I believe your proposal has it's uses, but not to try replace the Bounty syetm but to actually create a whole new class of jobs. Especially as you said for the larger more complex things.

I did not mean to offend, i am trying to ensure that development threads for bounties remain on topic, it makes a "log" of sorts.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 07:30:54 pm »
It is a real problem.   You assumption is that both teams produce equal results, but if we had picked one team that didn't have to compete then there would have been less diversity and quality would suffer.

If we start requesting proposals and funding them then we have a problem of evaluating the qualifications of individuals.   I suspect we will continue to learn what works best.  My goal is to find talent and hire them if possible and to use the bounties for long lead items that I do not have resources in house to handle.

There will be many different strategies that we will employ as we grow.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 07:48:53 pm »
It is a real problem.   You assumption is that both teams produce equal results, but if we had picked one team that didn't have to compete then there would have been less diversity and quality would suffer.

If we start requesting proposals and funding them then we have a problem of evaluating the qualifications of individuals.   I suspect we will continue to learn what works best.  My goal is to find talent and hire them if possible and to use the bounties for long lead items that I do not have resources in house to handle.

There will be many different strategies that we will employ as we grow.

I hereby tender my request for a new 100 PTS  (Open to neg)  Bounty to compile and maintain a "Skills Directory" comprised of those whose skills are now known to use to make referencing easy. It will include links to their previous works here as well as any information they wish to share. This may later be used as part of Keyhotee or any Directory type DAC.