Author Topic: New bitshares.org Feedback  (Read 13460 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Quotes and partner logos are important to get instant respect :)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
The website looks very good.

I think this is good as a base and then have individual websites for specific target markets most probably run by others.

In terms of a few quotes, Erik Vorhees might be able to give a quote about BitShares as it relates to ShapeShift and he's very well known. For the Chinese market potentially Ron Cao of Lightspeed China Partners that invested in DACx. Obviously anyone more mainstream would be great too.

I would link to a page that tries to visually put the entire expanding BitShares universe together which will also promote the individual companies and help customers who might find their way to BitShares.org find the BitShares Business that best meets their needs. (Listing exchanges, DACx, Beyond Bitcoin, CryptoSmith, Moonstone, perhaps bunker mining etc.)

Perhaps something like the NXT technology tree but for BitShares supporting businesses. http://www.nxttechnologytree.com/

The growing BitShares network is incredibly impressive and to see it all together would really make people realise how awesome it is.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 09:50:34 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline davidpbrown

Perhaps do a press release, if that's not been done already.. and then a run of articles can be linked to help context; get the journalists to do the work of bridging to potential new users.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Github link now redirects to the old bitshares.org page? I really love the new design and information structuring, bring it back!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
how do you intend to attract savers? Like people looking for a secure interest bearing investment? If there's a way you should highlight this

Offline betax

• View Profile
I am very happy at technical level, it is simple to understand every feature and its reasoning. It can now demonstrate and sell all the achievements of BitShares.

I do agree it needs use cases to demonstrate different ways to benefit. Maybe a fictitious business (es) or user and their setup.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline monsterer

We hadn't planned on it, as the site is focusing on BitShares as a smart contract platform with many features, not just the exchange feature.

Smart contracts are not even on the website, are they?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thanks for you feedback!

Good ideas, we will discuss them later on!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Also, I wonder if there are opportunities to make statements from partners and players in FinTech - ones that lend credibility.. "BitShares 2.0 made me say 'Wow' - Janet Yellen." etc.

Perhaps more important than our opinion, is getting the reaction of those new investors you want to engage.. test the water with a few big players who might be intrigued - Barclay's blockchain accelerator and others who are up to speed - and see if that website answers all their questions and perhaps get quotes on the back of their feedback.

I'd replace "Email me when it's ready" to subscribe for alerts and progress updates.. and then keep those interested engaged over time.

and later perhaps integrate the wallet or a demo video. Different people like different methods of communication. The walls of text perhaps need "quotations" in bold that shout out the tldr; .. but there is a lot of content which is great for those with the time to read it.
+5%

A section on the homepage that describes 2 or 3 use cases that customers should be interested in.
If you're a business and would like cheaper online banking services you'll like bitUSD and our recurring payments feature.
If you're a savvy saver and you'd like to keep your wealth safely in your own hands, you'll like cold storage savings accounts that pay out a weekly budget securely.
If you're a crypto exchange and don't want the hassle of getting licensed to run a fiat orderbook integrate with BitShares and use bitUSD instead. You might also want to issue a UIA to collect fees from BitShares users and target new customers with business models not before possible.

On first landing on the page, the headline "BitShares 2.0 is an industrial-grade financial smart contract platform." with no other context leads me to believe that Bitshares is some kind of corporate banking software to run their back-end servers or something. Why should I care?

A descriptive picture is needed that can contextualize everything and tell the customer how they should be imagining themselves using the product.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline davidpbrown

Design looks good, though I wonder the font appears a bit small; and the blog could do with a bit of spice colour or images.

Who is the customer and what will this do for them? That question could be more obvious.

Big Money audience: "industrial-grade financial smart contract platform" is a great hook.
Top line of links/puffs though I would have thought should be "Decentralized Asset Exchange"; "High Performance and Scalability"; "Collateralized Bond Market". I don't know but whatever will ensure that the key audience is hooked.. they may not scroll down that webpage that looks like every other webpage unless there are enough hooks on first glance.

Individuals:
Does the detail appear too technical for noobs with some cash to invest? How is BitShares obviously appealing to mom+pop who are aware of Bitcoin+ but unsure and unaware of why they might want an "industrial-grade financial smart contract platform".

The "Who" is behind it could be made more obvious.. evidence the strength of the dev team.. skill set if not now named individuals.

Perhaps consider making something of what is now BitShares heritage .. 2.0 is built on the back of experience that others do not have.

Also, I wonder if there are opportunities to make statements from partners and players in FinTech - ones that lend credibility.. "BitShares 2.0 made me say 'Wow' - Janet Yellen." etc.

Perhaps more important than our opinion, is getting the reaction of those new investors you want to engage.. test the water with a few big players who might be intrigued - Barclay's blockchain accelerator and others who are up to speed - and see if that website answers all their questions and perhaps get quotes on the back of their feedback.

I'd replace "Email me when it's ready" to subscribe for alerts and progress updates.. and then keep those interested engaged over time.

and later perhaps integrate the wallet or a demo video. Different people like different methods of communication. The walls of text perhaps need "quotations" in bold that shout out the tldr; .. but there is a lot of content which is great for those with the time to read it.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

julian1

Yes, I really like it. The right amount of (technical/crypto) detail to attract an 'early adopter'.

Offline vikram

Will an asset price ticker or some kind of price information be on the home page to help reinforce that this is an actual exchange?

We hadn't planned on it, as the site is focusing on BitShares as a smart contract platform with many features, not just the exchange feature.

Offline Pheonike

Will an asset price ticker or some kind of price information be on the home page to help reinforce that this is an actual exchange?

Offline vikram

What's the reason you guys chose to move the website to github hosting?

General simplicity of development, maintenance, and operations; and also anyone in the community can relatively easily contribute changes by submitting a pull request on GitHub.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
What's the reason you guys chose to move the website to github hosting?